Covenant (808)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LiveJournal post

My mum thought the Asgard clone was Thor at first. Yeah, as if Thor would put up with that!
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

The SciFi mix-up does not hurt this episode nearly as much as the previous one. It is a fairly decent actually. Its a wonder a rich company hasn't decided to dislose the Stargate program in the past. Yes I know the rogue NID orginally was founded by rich people but I find it surprising a more moral rich person like Collson hadn't revealed the program already when the government has such weak cover stories in the past. I kind of like the political ramifications this episode has as Sam tries to get Alec to stop with the disclosing of the Stargate program. The only thing I didn't like is how easily the Trust was able to discredit him when we struggled so much. It came off as too easy of a solution to the problem of the world finding out.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. Alec came accross as more annoying than ever second time around.

2. The Trust are just more ruthless than our guys...you can play fair or you can play to win...and our guys prefer to play fair with the likes of Colson.

3. Kevin was just a moron though...there are some lines you don't cross.

4. Don't think I clocked the "hologram" was Thor first time round.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Finally, eight years into the show, we get to see Sam actually fly something!!!!

Although your mileage may vary on that - she did pilot the Prometheus more than once in s6, as well as that drill on Langara
          sigpic

Comment

Have to say I too kept expecting "Nanny" to turn up during this one....

LOVED both Daniel and Sam in their "Power Suits" when they turned up at Colson's office..

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I didn't like this one. The people are not ready to know. When will they be ready to know. When won't they panic. One world destroys itself when the find out about the stargate but 100 others didn't.

Comment

Though i don't think the world was not ready to now, i don't find Colson being a bad man. He is actually a good man but with this flaw which he should solve. He just wants to do something right, but he does not realise that for the time being it's wrong. So here i say again, his intention are good but he's timing is bad(though you may say theese 2 are linked).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                  his intention are good but he's timing is bad(though you may say theese 2 are linked).
                  His intentions are, at best, mixed. The episode makes clear that he is very selfish and does not care what effect his behavior has on others. He wants what he wants, when he wants it and to hell with anyone else. He doesn't even have the grace to inform his subordinates and employees that he is ruining his company and destroying their jobs (and there's no way he ever became a government contractor without knowing that would be the result of his actions).

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

If you put it that way...he is kinda stuborn, but he is not unsaveable.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                      One of my favourite episodes of the season.

It really does make you wonder what can be covered up and what happens to those who believe the truth should be shared with everyone. Poor Colson paid the price, everything he had gone overnight because of other powerful groups thinking otherwise. Even with the cloned Asgard as proof he was still discredited. The actor's earnest portrayal of Colson really drove this story along, loved his performance of the man who believed what he was doing was right while too many people around him didn't!

One of the best Earth based stories for me as it shows how, despite the dangers to Earth from aliens it's a few powerful people on Earth that are worse!!!
                      Yup. Most films/shows where someone tries to 'reveal the truth' about what is going on, the person is either killed, discretted or labled insane and hounded, to make anything they say not heard.

Comment

Yup. Most films/shows where someone tries to 'reveal the truth' about what is going on, the person is either killed, discretted or labled insane and hounded, to make anything they say not heard.
                        Unfortunately it's true, but at least for some believers, those appearences means a great deal for them and if later that person is discreditted it doesn't matter for those who believe...
                        sigpic

Comment

Season eight feels strange and directionless. I find it weird that most of my favorite episodes throughout the show are monster-of-the-week types, but here I just want to get back to the main storyline... whatever it is.

By itself, I think this ep is good, but it also feels a bit dull after Affinity. I have little interest in the conspiracy plots and anything involving the NID.

Oh, Thor acting as a hologram had me in fits, though. I also liked seeing him sitting in O'Neill's office. The ep is worth watching for his scenes alone.
                          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Personall i would have rather they had MORE NID episodes.. I have always liked Political skullduggery movies/books.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Personall i would have rather they had MORE NID episodes.. I have always liked Political skullduggery movies/books.
                              I wouldn't mind it if that's what the show was originally about, but I guess I just miss the old seasons with more exploration and adventure. Some parts of this show feel a bit too X-Files for me, and while I love the X-Files, I'd rather Stargate, as a totally different kind of show, not go down that road.

I get that they have to come up with new storylines as the series progresses, and it's unrealistic to think that there would be no repercussions for operating such a program on Earth in secret for as long as they have. I just can't help but be a bit put off by it as a matter of preference, unfortunately.
                              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

A show doesn't last as long as this one did without producing episodes for a variety of tastes. This inevitably means that there are episodes that various fans dislike for various reasons. If they didn't, it would mean they were doing the same thing over and over, not attracting new fans, and not showing growth.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X