No announcement yet.

Affinity (807)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since Pete is a "chimera", Sam actually did track down the rental car on her own. She just hallucinated the phone call from Pete.
    I do like that idea. But, how do you explain the ring? I guess she could have hallucinated and bought it herself. It's gonna totally suck, though, when she gets her Visa bill, LOL!!
    -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

I'm not gonna read through six pages of replies before posting especially since I can guess, at least from the few messages I've skimmed, that a lot of it focuses on people screaming and moaning about Sam & Pete. What-ever. As it happens, I loathed this ep, for a wide variety of reasons.

The opening scene was ridiculously trite. That thug reminded me SO strongly of Young Biff Tannen that I was tempted to check and see if it was the same actor.

And knocking down the purse-snatcher with a can of food? Has someone been watching Crocodile Dundee??

The whole Teal'c/Kendra thing was trite and predictible and convenient. And shallow. And trite. And stupid. I wish Teal'c's first major foray into trying to live on our world could have been a little more meaningful.

The stuff with Sam and Pete? I'm sorry, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that Sam doesn't deserve Pete- he's too good for her! Two weeks she makes him wait and he's still not only willing to keep waiting but still has hope of a possible "yes" answer?? Wow. That's faith. IMO, Pete deserves someone better- someone who won't keep stringing him along. I'd like to think that Sam was being perfectly open and sincere in her accepting of his proposal at the end (finally!), but I doubt it'll last. Poor Pete. And the Sam/Jack scene? Puh-lease! Enough already!

I'm sure the "stalker" reference wasn't enough to assuage those who... "complained" about it, but at least it got mentioned.

The only potentially interesting part- Daniel and the dudes from The Trust- was buried under all the other effluvia. Best part of the whole ep (for me) was definitely the scene in the park and the sniper shooting the coffee. Heh. Wish we'd gotten more of that whole scenario. Although I think I know where THAT is going, eventually.

However, as interesting as the sub-sub-plot was, I gotta wonder about those Trust guys. They go full-out in their surveliance/investigation, they're obviously pretty competent at what they're doing, they think of EVERY little detail, but they chuff up the position of the body- which seasoned investigators MISS, and they don't bother flagging the fake IDs and whatnot so that they can tell if someone is looking into things? Please.

All in all, I'd have to say it's one of the worst eps of the season. I only stuck through it for the Pete parts (and because I have some ideas about those Trust guys) but even that almost wasn't worth the effort of sitting through all the tedious other stuff.
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 20 August 2004, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
        I'm not getting defensive.
        Just trying to push the fact that those were Asgard transporter sound effects.
        But, since it may be kind of a mock Asgard transporter, they might have to stand close together. Just have to wait and see.
        I know that it sounded like Asgard. I was just trying to look at all aspects. The sound was one thing, the sight another. Not trying to be argumentative, just keeping an open mind on the subject. Either way, it will be interesting.
        Daniel:Nyet
        Jack: Daniel?
        Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
        Jack: Nyet???

Comment

>>>>Will somebody PLEASE explain to me O'Neill's comment in Sam's lab?

"Then I wouldn't be here." (Did I remember that right?)<<<

Answer: Jack is saying that if things were different between them then one of them could not be in the same chain of command. He would not be the general in charge of the SGC since he regards Sam as a "National Resource even a National Treasure." So he would be the one gone.

The question is gone HOW? Gone fishing? Gone home to wait for Sam, his wife? Gone to another military posting? But he definately was not helping her out with expressing his feelings FOR her but rather he was foregoing any comment that would interfere with her own choices. He was smart enough to understand the question.

As to RDA as paperweight, I don't see it so far. I think he is settling in nicely as a counterpoint to Action Jack. He is Thinking Jack. Very different. He has to work behind the scenes pulling the power strings. The script intimated that was just what he had been and continued to do. EX. Teal'c s apartment over serious objections. Sending Daniel to deal with a subordinate without being heavy handed about it. Baring his "teeth" at the OSI puppet. Jack is fulfilling a different role. It is just more subtle.
          Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I dont know why so many peopele hate Pete. i like him hes a great guy. He has not done anything to hurt her, he has been supportive and loving to her. I think he is an excellent character and i was happy when she said yes to him. The sam/jack shipper people have to come to grips that that was never goin to happen. now to be honest i have never read anything on the Sam/jack shipper thread, i dont get into that stuff. Bottom line is that Pete is a great guy and i think u people should get off his back for being a "stalker". any excuss u people can get to hate this guy u will find. but u have over look how good he is for carter.

Comment

We "hate" Pete for being a stalker because some of us have experienced creepy guys who get out of line and never get straight again. A person who would violate someone the way Pete did to Sam was a red flag that more was wrong. The complaining also has to do with how TPTB are writing a strong woman into a desperate woman with low self-esteem. You may not agree, but that is the answer to WHY so many of us are against Pete. To fully appreciate this, check out the Pete-hating threads.
              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                The stuff with Sam and Pete? I'm sorry, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that Sam doesn't deserve Pete- he's too good for her! Two weeks she makes him wait and he's still not only willing to keep waiting but still has hope of a possible "yes" answer?? Wow. That's faith. IMO, Pete deserves someone better- someone who won't keep stringing him along. I'd like to think that Sam was being perfectly open and sincere in her accepting of his proposal at the end (finally!), but I doubt it'll last. Poor Pete. And the Sam/Jack scene? Puh-lease! Enough already!
                u know i love sam but i have to agree with shadow here. Leving him out to dry for 2 weeks was a real ***** thing to do.

sry sam still love ya..

Comment

Originally posted by determined1
                  Fans who have watched for years are entitled to a positive resolution of the Jack-Sam relationship--the Pete option is not it.
                  I've watched for years and Sam and Jack getting together would be the final word in a negative, annoying, and worst thing that could ever happen resolution for me.
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

im still waiting to watch this, i hate living in england.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I too think Pete is a good character to have around. I mean, if you have to hate him, do so...he WAS the stalker type of guy. Gives us other guys who think Amanda Tapping is hot a bad name But I liked the episode nonetheless. Not the best, but it was ok.

Oh, and I don't think the teleporter used by The Trust was Asgard...maybe a mock teleporter, but it wasn't the pure thing. You can tell because the light it emitted was yellow, not white.

Comment

Originally posted by keels
                        I dont know why so many peopele hate Pete. i like him hes a great guy. He has not done anything to hurt her, he has been supportive and loving to her. I think he is an excellent character and i was happy when she said yes to him. The sam/jack shipper people have to come to grips that that was never goin to happen. now to be honest i have never read anything on the Sam/jack shipper thread, i dont get into that stuff. Bottom line is that Pete is a great guy and i think u people should get off his back for being a "stalker". any excuss u people can get to hate this guy u will find. but u have over look how good he is for carter.
                        Not all shippers hate Pete. I'm a shipper, and think he's a good guy. But, shipper or not, I feel he distracts from the SG-1 dynamic. As much as I'd like to see ANY of the team in happy relationships, it's unrealistic. They live their work. The show is about the 4 SG-1 members, and any serious, long-term relationship with others outside the group just takes away from the core reason we all tune in. I think TPTB should keep the relationships in the SGC. Granted, this limits the choices, but as we all have pointed out, SG1 isn't a soap. It's an action/adventure show.

Guess my point is this: why go outside the group, when there's such great chemistry within it?
                        -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

I think everyone is miss interpretating Jack's "Then I wouldn't be here." comment. Remember Sam and Jack were talking about Kids.

So what Jack was talking about is, if his KID (Charlie) hadn't ever accidently shot himself and his first marage hadn't selfdistructed as a result, there is no way in hell Jack would have allowed himself to go on Potencial Suicide Missions twice a week.

It wasn't about the potencial Jack/Sam relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
                            Didn't all the people move closer together before they transported? Would they need to do that for an Asgard Transporter? I just assumed rings...
                            It made an asgard transport sound. And we didn't see a rings platform. If they'd ringed out, Sam would have saw a rings platform, and commented on their escape.

In any case, their targetting abilities may be less than fantastic, so perhaps they have to spend time making the calculations on where they need to be, then go to a designated spot.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                              Not all shippers hate Pete. I'm a shipper, and think he's a good guy. But, shipper or not, I feel he distracts from the SG-1 dynamic. *snip*
                              Guess my point is this: why go outside the group, when there's such great chemistry within it?
                              This would probably be a good topic for the Ship Discussion Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                                It made an asgard transport sound. And we didn't see a rings platform. If they'd ringed out, Sam would have saw a rings platform, and commented on their escape.

In any case, their targetting abilities may be less than fantastic, so perhaps they have to spend time making the calculations on where they need to be, then go to a designated spot.
                                This is true. Thanks.
                                Daniel:Nyet
                                Jack: Daniel?
                                Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                                Jack: Nyet???

Comment

Working...
                                X