• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EYU86
    For the last time!
    Did you hear the sound effects?
    Asgard transporters!
    Don't get defensive, i was just asking if it was necessary for them to move close together when using an Asgard transporter.
    Daniel:Nyet
    Jack: Daniel?
    Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
    Jack: Nyet???

Comment

sacme Affinity is the reason why Stargate must end at Season 8 IMO.Stargate should never be mistaken for an episode of Melrose Place. I find it sad we cannot even get a hug from Sam and Jack in New Order but Sam and Pete can make out while Sam is on Duty.I do not want to hear TPTB use Regs anymore as an excuse when the rules get thrown out the window for Sam and Pete.

Comment

S
        P
        O
        I
        L
        E
        R

S
        P
        A
        C
        E

Okay, my least favorite in Season Eight, unless there is a Unas ep lurking in the second half. Only thing that I liked about it was the shadow organization (Daniel called it the Trust). Used an Asgard teleporter. Hmmmmm.

I am a member of the "Pete as Chimera" camp. Pete has never interacted with any of the other regular characters. He has only had direct interaction with one other person on screen, his buddy from the FBI who did the background check on Sam. In Chimera, Sam did say "Pete been hit" to Jack but Jack never acknowledged Pete's presence.

In New Order, Pete misses Sam's promotion ceremony. He supposedly had been briefed on the SGC and would have been invited. I would certainly be miffed if my girlfriend missed my promotion ceremony.

Then in this ep, Pete again has no meanful interaction with ANYONE else. Most of the time he is alone with Sam. Even during the take down of the warehouse when the special ops soldier informs Sam that the warehouse is empty and Pete asks "How could that be?", no one acknowledges his existance. Daniel is unconscience when Pete is close to him, then when Daniel is awake, Pete is on the other side of the warehouse, masked from Daniel's view by the big honkin' SUV.

Are TPTB setting up the storyline such that Pete is a figament of Sam's imagination? Me thinks yes.
        Major Kawalsky
        I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
        U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Will somebody PLEASE explain to me O'Neill's comment in Sam's lab?

"Then I wouldn't be here." (Did I remember that right?)

I DON'T GET IT! Is he saying if they had gotten together then he would no longer be at SGC and that he is not willing to do that so she needs to move on? Is he saying of course he cares about her and that's why he is standing there in her lab asking her what's been bothering her? I don't usually post on these episode specific threads because I would just be repeating what everyone else is saying, but this one is bugging me.

Oh, and I'm going to go with definitely asgard. I kept waiting for "ring" sounds because they grouped together, but there were no "bounces" in the sound affects and it sounded suspiciously asgard to me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some insight for me . . .

-tera'ngan
          nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Originally posted by Faith
            Well...............

Did I like it hmmmm...I not sure.

I liked seeing Tealc having his own apartment, I like the fact Tealc must have got sum.
            The whole Sam Pete thing made me sick, Just him kissing her is GROSS and she said YES. YUCK.
            I am curious as to what the symbols opened are were for. I want to know how the NID got an asqard transporter.
            I liked the Daniel going on his own to save Tealc.
            I liked the kid with the skateboard, I thought he was cool and a good actor.
            It made me sad Tealc giving his apartment up.

1 out of 10 I give it a 5
            Ok, I am going to have to re-watch this tomorrow because I didn't think it was bad. We had the shippiest scence in years, in the lab. And Jack never looked hotter! I think I will post tomorrow after I have had time to take it all in with out any distractions like a husband. <g>
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
              Don't get defensive, i was just asking if it was necessary for them to move close together when using an Asgard transporter.
              I'm not getting defensive.
              Just trying to push the fact that those were Asgard transporter sound effects.
              But, since it may be kind of a mock Asgard transporter, they might have to stand close together. Just have to wait and see.
              *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
              McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

As to the transporter flash. I think it both sounded like and was consistent with an Asgard transport. I think we can assume that the bad guy's found and devised a means to access the ship Osiris used when she was delving into Daniel's memory. There was never any mention of it, but I think it therefore was cloaked seeing as Asgard transporters haven't shown long range(extrasolar) capabilities (correct me if I'm wrong). I didn't see the connection between the ancient text and accessing the transporter though. Unless as part of the four race alliance they all hard wired acces codes into their tech? So Ancients or Asgard or Nox etc. could use each other's tech as needed? Though that doesn't explain the need to have it translated to goa'uld. If you have any insights it would be appreciated.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo! My satelite went out for the last five minutes! What happened?! Sam said yes? What happened?! Oh god! I'm going to go kill somebody at Directv tomorrow.

Comment

adding my two cents

Overall, for season 8, I'm still adjusting to the fact the Teal'c has hair and smiles a lot. (the one season I missed a lot of episodes in was 7.....I definitely need to catch up on that LOL )

As for the episode, I actually thought it was pretty good. There were some good jokes (a previously mentioned example being Teal'c explaining relationship disputes on Chulak to Carter......what if the asking and request being granted thing doesn't work......"then weapons are required" ), I laughed out loud at that. Teal'c kicking the stuffing out of those punks in the opening was quite cool also. There was also some good mystery involved (Daniel getting involved, translation stuff, bad guys being transported/ringed out, etc) that it kept me hooked.

I never really was that hooked on the whole Jack-and-Sam-getting-together thing, and Carter finally letting this poor ..... man ..... off the hook with a yes was rather cathartic. I also greatly enjoyed Teal'c building a relationship with...(I forget her name now.....that girl that was his neighbor) and then at the end it 'seems' to abruptly end.

My only real complaint isn't with this episode in particular (although I just noticed it), but the season in general so far. Richard Dean Anderson's character seems more and more like he's just a paperweight, and rotting away inside at that. Just a few episodes into the new season, and it's like the character wants to die and the actor regrets playing him. Maybe it's just me.
                    "....the sound became words. His words and yet not his words. His thoughts and yet not his thoughts. An announcement of triumph and an admission of defeat: I AM HERE"
                    - Bentley Little, Dominion

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                      However, TPTB keep throwing the REGS in our faces as an excuse to not get Sam and Jack together but they can allow a butt rub while on duty!!! Sam and Jack can barely touch each other on duty and then only during life and death situations and then only on occasion. I think TPTB went way to far. Ok I can see maybe the kiss but the butt rub went way to far for my taste given all previous rules and REGULATIONS!!!
                      and that was a seriously long (disgusting) kiss. just the wrong place for her to say yes, if she was going to tongue him like that.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

[QUOTE=Karibou]ITA. Sam is way too professional for that. Also agree that she'd never discuss SG1 business in public. And, why is it that it took PETE to track down the rental car? Doesn't the SGC, being a highly-funded, super-classified agency have its OWN people for that??[QUOTE]

Well, since Pete is a "chimera", Sam actually did track down the rental car on her own. She just hallucinated the phone call from Pete.
                        Major Kawalsky
                        U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Fury
                          As to the transporter flash. I think it both sounded like and was consistent with an Asgard transport. I think we can assume that the bad guy's found and devised a means to access the ship Osiris used when she was delving into Daniel's memory. There was never any mention of it, but I think it therefore was cloaked seeing as Asgard transporters haven't shown long range(extrasolar) capabilities (correct me if I'm wrong). I didn't see the connection between the ancient text and accessing the transporter though. Unless as part of the four race alliance they all hard wired acces codes into their tech? So Ancients or Asgard or Nox etc. could use each other's tech as needed? Though that doesn't explain the need to have it translated to goa'uld. If you have any insights it would be appreciated.
                          You state a possible theory.
                          Osiris was captured, therefore her ship is somewhere near Earth because as far as we know, you are right about Asgard transporters only working close range. The rest I dunno about.
                          *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                          McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                            Just wondering, what is with so many women that they love jerks like Krista. "It's been hard on him" please.
                            There were two very irrational women in this ep, in regards to their attachments to controlling men.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Will somebody PLEASE explain to me O'Neill's comment in Sam's lab?

"Then I wouldn't be here." (Did I remember that right?)

I DON'T GET IT! Is he saying if they had gotten together then he would no longer be at SGC and that he is not willing to do that so she needs to move on? Is he saying of course he cares about her and that's why he is standing there in her lab asking her what's been bothering her? I don't usually post on these episode specific threads because I would just be repeating what everyone else is saying, but this one is bugging me.

Oh, and I'm going to go with definitely asgard. I kept waiting for "ring" sounds because they grouped together, but there were no "bounces" in the sound affects and it sounded suspiciously asgard to me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some insight for me . . .
                              Ah, yes. More cryptic, not-quite-saying-anything dialog between Jack and Sam. I really hate that. Even in Grace, when Sam is talking to him in her HEAD, she doesn't really come out and say anything meaningful. ("Let's face it, I'm a sure thing." In WHAT way?? Hello?) Sometimes, I just go back and watch "divide and conquer" from season 4, just to hear the two of them having an honest conversation.

Just a testament to the amazing acting abilities of the cast. They easily give a hundred meanings to words that have none. And THAT'S why I watch.
                              -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by P90
                                Noooooooooooooooooo! My satelite went out for the last five minutes! What happened?! Sam said yes? What happened?! Oh god! I'm going to go kill somebody at Directv tomorrow.
                                In the immortal (immoral?) words of Bill Clinton, "I feel your pain."
                                Major Kawalsky
                                U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Working...
                                X