No announcement yet.

Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly a great episode, loved it, couldn't be any better than it was.

The Plant: Well, there is something I never thought I'd see. But the look on Jack and Dr Lee's faces when it took up an entire level was just great. A typical 'Jack-like' scene.

Ba'al was great. If he's this good now, I can't wait to see him in the future episodes. The way he bribed the SGC into thinking he had SG1, it was really sly.

Camulus. I was happy to see him return, but it's a shame that he went with that fake ZPM.

The ZPM. I liked how it glowed, and the different parts of the story really had me fooled, for a first (seems reading no spoilers pays off).
    __

__

Comment

Well, I must say I had very few spoilers for this ep.

1. Jack's not used to being a general yet. Heck I'm not used to him being a General yet!

2. A Little Shop of Horrors reference! Bloody hell, that took me back at least five years!

3. I wasn't honestly sure who the heck Gilmore was supposed to be - it would probably have been better for him to have hung around as a mole of some kind. That last scene between him and Jack came accross as pretty cheap IMO.

4. Jack had clear heard about the stunts Weir pulled in New Order and decided he wanted to outclass her! He did a pretty good job!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Wow for RDA light season there was alot of
        Jack in this one!
        loved the plant and to be honest i was waiting
        for it to grab somone and eat them!LOL
        This one really did bring out alot of feelings
        in the team,Jack being overwalmed and writing
        that letter to Hammond to resign, it must be
        very hard to full into a man of "paperwork"
        rather than man of action, very nicely played
        by RDA.
        Sam also having doughts about her albility to
        lead, all in all nice lead in for all these
        changes.
        ......TARA......

Comment

Fourth - no, sixth ep in a row I've liked lots, and sixth in a row I've been pleasantly surprised by.

I wouldn't have noticed it was SG-1 lite if I hadn't been spoiled for it, the rest of the stuff was so good. As in Heroes1 there was a lot of 'little stuff' happening, but this time it was all funny little stuff, good interesting little stuff - and the guest character was pretty unobtrusive. Nice to see Walter and Siler. Nice to see Lee as well, although he's been pretty much a xeno-engineer so far, so it's hardly a surprise that he can't control a plant (Yay for the plant! Funniest thing in ages )

Jack was super. As irreverend as ever, and still with his trademark silliness, but it was *intelligent* silliness - like when he locked the bickerers in a room. Nice to see the other SG teams holding him in such high regard; he deserves it, and this ep showed some of the reasons.

Madeleine

Comment

An average episode for me. I realise the type of episode they where trying to make, focussing on Jack adjusting to his new role in charge, but for the most part found it very slow. I was hoping that the episode was going to follow SG-1 (had they been captured by Baal) as well as continue following O'Neill just to add some action.

But I did like all the typical O'Neill humour, his way of dealing with Baal and the stuff with Walter.

They gave 'Pegasus' a mention, though it's a good job they didn't use the ZPM straight away to contact them, but you'd think it would be on their list of priorites to check in with the Atlantis team as soon as they could.

One thing that I'm not quite clear on, was Camulus working with Baal in an attempt to get Earth to use the bad ZPM to blow itself up?

Comment

Originally posted by Terok
              An average episode for me. I realise the type of episode they where trying to make, focussing on Jack adjusting to his new role in charge, but for the most part found it very slow. I was hoping that the episode was going to follow SG-1 (had they been captured by Baal) as well as continue following O'Neill just to add some action.
              It was a little slow i though at half time it had already been almost an hour! Yeah seeing Sam dealing with her new role would have been interesting too.

But I did like all the typical O'Neill humour, his way of dealing with Baal and the stuff with Walter.
              Yeah you can't beat Jacks humor.

<snip>
              One thing that I'm not quite clear on, was Camulus working with Baal in an attempt to get Earth to use the bad ZPM to blow itself up?
              The idea was that Jack sent him off with the ZPM so that Bal would blow himself up , or at least that is what jack made Camulas think, Cammel a$$ however when he went to see Bal would (beacause he isa gou'ald) would have no choice but surrender and sibmit the weapon to Bal or else he would be Killed no doubt he is now dead anyway as Jack gave him the Dud

I really liked this ep though 8/10

Comment

Sorry, but I didn't really enjoy this one.
                I enjoyed the "Mash" homage at the start, with Walter playing Radar, and the conversation at the end between Carter and O'neill, but that, unfortunately, was it.
                sigpic

Comment

Slow? *gasp* Say it ain't so.

This was my favorite epsisode in a looong time, definitely the best this season. Mucho O'Neill, the plant, Dr. Lee, O'Neill, Walter, did I mention O'Neill?

I know, I'm such a girl.

But I guess whether or not Zero Hour does anything for ya depends on how much of a Jack fan ya are. There wasn't a ton of action. But I'd be preferectly happy to watch him wander around a forest talking to himself all day. On the flip side, I get pretty bored with the Teal'c and Daniel-centric episodes.

Comment

this was an interesting episode, i liked the idea that oniel was finding it difficult to settle in.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Absolutely great episode - loved it from start to finish.

Whilst on first appearances it seemed like it was going to be just a 'fun' episode, on closer inspection it covered really well the issues for Jack of leaving SG1 and become 'The Man'.

It was kinda of sad seeing him watch SG1 leave throught the gate and likewise with his letter to General Hammond. Loved the 'never mind' at the end.

Yet I was LMAO at 'cammy' and 'camel ass', seymour and his plant, Siler and his blowtorch etc.

And the serious stuff, like the gateroom scene was done without being too soppy. The locker room scene was a nice touch and and the 'of course, I dare mock you' comment to Baal, just great

My favourite episode since I dont know when!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                        I enjoyed the "Mash" homage at the start, with Walter playing Radar,
                        Also that Radar's name in MASH was Walter. I notice that right off.

Comment

Pretty good. I see that Lockdown Jack is sobering into a better general type general. Liked the letter to hammond. Long list of reasons why he's resigning and then "never mind" at the bottom.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

I don't know if this has been said, but I just thinking of a comparision to ST in this episode.

SG-1: the Plant=ST: Tribbles.

Both shouldn't have been taken of their home planet. The Planet grew and the Tribbles multiplied.

Comment

This was- for me- one of Stargates all-time WORST episodes. A complete meandering mess of 43 or so minutes.
                              Usually in Scifi you get an A plot and sometimes a B plot if the main A plot doesn't have enough legs to fill the hour, or the B plot is an emotive one of some kind.
                              In this episode we get the following:
                              A plot:
                              Lets face it. RDA trying to be funny for the sake of being funny and nothing much to do with any plot at all.
                              B plot:
                              Jack contemplating resigning as General. Although it wasn't all that clear what
                              he was contemplating till near the end.
                              C plot:
                              SG-1 are apparently kidnapped by Ba'al.
                              D plot:
                              Camulus strolls in with his asylum issues.
                              E plot:
                              Nasty alien plants growing fabulously.
                              F plot:
                              President to visit with undecover guy checking out Jack.

OK, I'll discount RDA playing for laughs plot.
                              You've got nearly 5 plots going on in one ep. That sort of writing borders on cheesey, daytime, 5 day a week, soap opera television. Days Of Our Lives etc.
                              At one stage I thought maybe it was one of those dreaded clip shows where we see deleted scenes from season seven or something.
                              It all amounted to absolutely nothing substantial whatsover.
                              How pathetic was the ending with the SG-1 team saying-oh we were fine, no problems.

Definatey it makes my alltime worst list.
                              There, I've had my spray.
                              I'll have to seek out the fav eps thread to cool down.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                                This was- for me- one of Stargates all-time WORST episodes. A complete meandering mess of 43 or so minutes.
                                Usually in Scifi you get an A plot and sometimes a B plot if the main A plot doesn't have enough legs to fill the hour, or the B plot is an emotive one of some kind.
                                In this episode we get the following:
                                A plot:
                                Lets face it. RDA trying to be funny for the sake of being funny and nothing much to do with any plot at all.
                                B plot:
                                Jack contemplating resigning as General. Although it wasn't all that clear what
                                he was contemplating till near the end.
                                C plot:
                                SG-1 are apparently kidnapped by Ba'al.
                                D plot:
                                Camulus strolls in with his asylum issues.
                                E plot:
                                Nasty alien plants growing fabulously.
                                F plot:
                                President to visit with undecover guy checking out Jack.

OK, I'll discount RDA playing for laughs plot.
                                You've got nearly 5 plots going on in one ep. That sort of writing borders on cheesey, daytime, 5 day a week, soap opera television. Days Of Our Lives etc.
                                At one stage I thought maybe it was one of those dreaded clip shows where we see deleted scenes from season seven or something.
                                It all amounted to absolutely nothing substantial whatsover.
                                How pathetic was the ending with the SG-1 team saying-oh we were fine, no problems.

Definatey it makes my alltime worst list.
                                There, I've had my spray.
                                I'll have to seek out the fav eps thread to cool down.
                                Sorry, i forgot about the spoiler thing.
                                Although, why would anybody read a thread about an episode they haven't watched and not expect it to contain info about the ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X