No announcement yet.

Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode but I was slightly disappointed... I can't put my finger on what was disappointing about it, though.

Comment

David, all I can say, is when you are in charge sometime in the future, you will remember this ep. I ran an accounting firm for 11 years. Many many days felt like Jack's in Zero Hour. That was the point. Jack's day as a general from his point of view...just one catastrophe after another followed by absolute time wasting nonsense.

He handled the frustration well.
      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I liked this one as an "easy" ep. It was enjoyable watch Jack struggle with all the little mundane things, but also to see he's still as sharp as ever when it comes to sussing people out.
        I didn't like Walter's part in this. I do like the character & liked that Gary Jones had a bigger part, but didn't think Walter would be performing that role (the P.A. bit at the beginning) as it was outside anything we'd seen the character do previously. I think it was Heroes P1, when he was explaining tech stuff, IMO that was a much more believable thing for Walter to do than chivvying O'Neill.
        I do love Dr Lee/Bill Dow, & in the early part of the ep, his enthusiasm was pure scientist, same as we see Sam get over her technical bits & bobs. However, it did wear a little thin, I would agree with the Tribble references others have made - it's a good analogy.
        Jack & Baal...hmmmm. Not sure about this; it is Jack's nature to be flippant, but I think this was a little overplayed considering their history. Always a pleasure to see the gorgeous Cliff Simon though!
        It was good to see Jack in touch with Hammond; I love the respect & friendship between them. Also the scene in the gate room; everyone volunteering - parallels with Into The Fire; I found it moving.
        Nice little double twist at the end, & we see Jack gradually accepting his new role.
        Not the most dramatic ep, but lots going on & a smattering of comic references - most enjoyable
        Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
          I see what people meant when they said the Jack/Walter at the beginning was like Henry/Radar!!
          Walter is very cool - why does he not get more lines?!? "Actually, he's not like other people." LOL!!
          A little bit of Jack/Daniel banter at the briefing, that's always nice!!
          Also good to see Dr Lee & Major Davis again.
          Poor Jack, it must be really hard for him to watch his team have all the fun while he sits at a desk and does paperwork.
          It bothers me a little bit that Sam doubts her abilities as a commander, but I think she'll get over that pretty quickly. It was nice to see Daniel & Teal'c trying to comfort her though...
          Nice little speech by Col. Reynolds about Jack being tortured by Ba'al and how he, SG1 and everyone else on the base would not give up on someone in that situation.
          I'm glad they did address, even if it was just a little bit, the fact that Jack was captured & tortured by Ba'al.
          I did like the stuff between Jack & Ba'al. "Of course I dare mock you!!"
          'Is it really wise to provoke him?' 'It's what I do.'
          Jack's letter to Hammond was so sad...'the regret is not so much about the resigning part but the fact that I was deluded enough to think I had possessed even one iota of the ability needed to fill your sizeable and shiny shoes' Aww....poor Jack. And then 'Never mind' at the end of it...
          I could have sworn I heard Jack's voice quiver when he was dismissing Col. Reynolds after SG3 came back SG1-less.
          Then when he was loking at Teal'c & Daniel's names on their lockers, the look on his face was just heart-breaking.
          Also, yay for Pierre Bernard!!
          Nice little bit of S/J ship at the end too.
          Great episode.

Okay, I agree with with everything you (shelsfc)wrote here, Why waste my time typing everything, when you said it.

I love the Reynolds and Gilmore in the Office, talking about Abyss (hence Sig Line)
          I like that Baal was around, he is not bad on the eyes either

I would have to loved to read the letter that Jack wrote to Hammond. That would be a good read.
          Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
          sigpic
          Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

i just watched this episode and i thought i was great how Teal'c organized the show of support in the gate room...it really added a nice touch.
            "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Originally posted by ApophisOfTheStargateRealm
              i just watched this episode and i thought i was great how Teal'c organized the show of support in the gate room...it really added a nice touch.
              I thought Reynolds did that, Teal'c was stranded with Sam and Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                I thought Reynolds did that, Teal'c was stranded with Sam and Daniel.
                Yeah, unless Teal'c has some psychic powers I don't know about.

Comment

i liked how they showed RDA gettin sedlled in the Man Chair that Hammond use to have and how they showed sam second geussing herself i really all in all loved this EP

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    That was the best part of the entire ep. Well, that and the plant.
                    I loved the plant, and how it messed everything, specially after Jack said repetedly: "It's just a plant!!!!"
                    Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                    (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

I thought this episode was very good - not brilliant but good. I enjoyed the suspense of the countdown to zero hour. But the best bit of the episode was the plant.

Could have done without Jack's humour but otherwise very nice! Definitely one of the better episodes of this season.
                      The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Jacks humor? what was wrong with it?
                        sigpic

Comment

It was unsuitable for his status and situation. His humour in previous Seasons was amusing, recently - and especially here - it simply made him appear idiotic.

Off to watch StarGate the movie on TV!

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

Comment

Can you give me an example by any chance?
                            sigpic

Comment

Jack: Ba'al, come on. You should know. Of course I dare mock you.

Wow, really funny under the circumstances. Let's provoke the enemy who (to our knowedgle) has SG-1 captive. It makes matters that much better. [scarasm]

Hammond - yes, I know they are two different people - wouldn't have said that and would have acted in a manner more becoming to the seriousness of the situation.

It seems Jack has been reduced to basically a humour role and little else, with flashes of intelligence.
                              Last edited by luthienberen; 04 June 2006, 05:08 AM.

The man who led the way.

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen
                                Jack: Ba'al, come on. You should know. Of course I dare mock you.
                                Hated it. It was like "Jack's the funny one. He opens his mouth, it's funny. Lets write a quip for him."

It seems Jack has been reduced to basically a humour role and little else, with flashes of intelligence.
                                Flashes? Flickers, maybe. And, I couldn't care less about that stupid plant.
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X