Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    So the entire time, prior the demise of Abydos Anubis *never* used his powers?? The destruction of Abydos, wasn't that a weapon of the Ancients that Anubis used? So wouldn't that in fact have been using his superior abilities to an unfair advantage? I know, actually a moot point now.
    I just think that particular aspect really hasn't been explained all that well.

Um... bit of confusion, here. All Ancients may be Ascended, but not all Ascended are Ancients. ie: Daniel, Anubis, and Jaffa(strongly hinted at in MI).

Nuby can use Ancient tech all he wants, fool around with it, make alterations, destroy whole planets with it, etc, and the Ascended wouldn't even give a sign that they'd noticed. But just let him use Ascended power in the realm of mortals and that (apparently) will get their attention.

I think....
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      If there was no DHD, you may as well ask why there was no MALP, either, since the SGC would have bad no way of retrieving it.
      Yes, but they obviously knew the planet was "chilly". Hmmm....
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
        Yes, but they obviously knew the planet was "chilly". Hmmm....
        There may well be a MALP under all that snow....
        Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          There may well be a MALP under all that snow....
          *lobs snowballs at TH*

I also wasn't paying much attention to angles and distances, but is there any chance the DHD simply wasn't in frame? Or did they pan in from a noticeable distance?

Comment

I also wasn't paying much attention to angles and distances, but is there any chance the DHD simply wasn't in frame? Or did they pan in from a noticeable distance?
            The MALP may have being driving around to survey the area, and got frozen some distance from the gate. But the most likely answer is that anything we did not see was not in the frame...for whatever reason.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I also wasn't paying much attention to angles and distances, but is there any chance the DHD simply wasn't in frame?
              The camera was initially close in on the guy's face, then pulled back. The DHD could very well be out of frame.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

[QUOTE=ShadowMaat]*lobs snowballs at TH*
                QUOTE]

TH starts to build snow fort for defense against SM's onslaught. What's this? A metalic arm.... Digs deeper. It's the MALP! TH sets MALP to snowball throwing mode. MALP buries SM....
                Gracie

Comment

Ha! David will come to my resc- um... OK, bad example... My hot temper will melt the snow?

I'm kinda surprised by the DHD controversy. It never even crossed my mind to wonder about it because I figured it was just out of frame. And it could still be covered by snow.

And I still want to know what happened to Anubis. No way I'm buying that as his ultimate end.

Comment

I'm kinda surprised by the DHD controversy. It never even crossed my mind to wonder about it because I figured it was just out of frame. And it could still be covered by snow.
                    <queue sinister music...> Do we know? Will we ever know? Only the Shadow knows...

no no...not that Shadow, silly.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

And I still want to know what happened to Anubis. No way I'm buying that as his ultimate end.
                      As long as they don't show us that he is positively dead, I think it is reasonably safe to assume he'll be back at some point...
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

"Will the fact that the Ancients are even allowing Anubis the freedom to reek havoc all over the universe ever be addressed? They seem to be willing to step in and STOP Daniel but they won't stop Anubis. That seems very one sided."

Daniel was using his powers as an ascended being (ie. that tell-tale swirl of energy that left his hands) in trying to stop Anubis in Lost City. Anubis possesses knowledge he has retained form his time as an ascended being, but he has yet to actually use his "super cosmic powers" to effect change in this galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                          Anubis possesses knowledge he has retained form his time as an ascended being, but he has yet to actually use his "super cosmic powers" to effect change in this galaxy.
                          Thanks, Joe! That's what I thought.

"Super cosmic powers"...the technical term. I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                            Thanks, Joe! That's what I thought.

"Super cosmic powers"...the technical term. I like it!
                            I am going to have to agree with you here I like that phrase as well

Let's just hope Daniel starts to remember SOMETHING as well. That would make things a bit more interesting!!!
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Somehow I get the feeling that as a mortal, material being, Daniel won't be able to use the powers he possessed while he was ascended because if you remember Orlin, he said that things like controlling the forces of nature was easy, or it used to be, meaning he couldnt when he became mortal again.
                              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Did anyone else notice Carter's walk while she was 'possesed' by Anubis?? It seemed a bit more confidant(sp?) than her usual walk. I hope we get to see it more often. Plus she got to kick ass in this episode (I miss that), maybe shes just gearing up for when she kicks Pete's @$$ out. Sorry he's just not a character I like...but anyway back OnTopic.. this episode was good but it could have been a bit better!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X