No announcement yet.

New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. The distortion on this damned laptop is too much to get an accurate recording.

Oooh, 500th post.
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the trip as much as I do. You MUST join the official fan club and check GateWorld as often as possible. All the news is here! Tip: when a new season of dvd's is offered for sale, most retailers will offer special prices on prior sets. Happy gating.

Comment

Season 8 seems to be off to a good start! My husband, who was pretty bumbed out with Season 7, actually enjoyed the opening episodes. I think the writers did a great job interweaving the Season 7 finale with the new direction for Season 8. I love Thor, it was good to re-visit those nasty Replicators, and the Goa'ulds are always fun.

While I enjoyed several of the comic lines, I do hope O'Neill shows his serious side as leader of the whole SGC facility. Richard Dean Anderson can handle it -- no doubt. Looking forward to Season 8!

Comment

I for one really enjoyed this episode from start to finish. Pretty much every single thing about it. Great Teal'c and Sam interaction. Great Daniel/Jack interaction. Pretty much everyone had great interaction. Jack was the Jack of old again. Daniel was the Daniel I love. Thor, Thor, and more Thor. Did I mention that I love Thor? I feel much less qualms about Brigadier General O'Neill then I did prior to the episode. The scenes with Sam and Fifth were pretty wrenching and I thought that both the actors were amazing. I haven't felt this excited about a season in years. This is so different from how I felt after last year's premiere. I also feel less reservation about the quantity of earth bound episodes that there will be this season. I thought the stuff at the base with the System Lords was great. It might have something to do with the fact that Steve Bacic isn't at all hard on the eyes. I hope that they bring him back. I do wonder what exactly they're going to do with him. Keep him confined on base? I'm pysched for the Atlantis premiere but can't help feeling a little bugged that it's making me wait an extra week until my next new Stargate episode. Oh, and I'm loving Chris's hair. It makes him look younger IMO.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

After reading all the posts, and wow there have been a lot I'm even more excited for the opener now. I can hardly wait any longer
            __

__

Comment

Before this ep, I had my worries. But this has proved to me that Stargate SG-1 still rocks. Like in the previous thread, I was totally gung ho, but seriously... This premiere was very cool.

And, you know, it wasn't that shippy. It was team-y. I loved the team scene at the end. Very good. It's like setting the tone for the rest of the season. Team-y... Yeah...

I like Pete now. Oddly enough, I never DISLIKED him, but I really like him now, and this would seem like the LEAST likely ep for me to start. I like Fifth, and I like the Goa'uld, and I TOTALLY like Elizabeth Weir now. See the thread for Part One to see what else I said. It was just a really, really strong episode, IMO.

It had pretty much everything. Teal'c and Sam got their scenes. The guys got their scenes (which I always like, because, though I like Sam a lot, I like the warrior guy scenes. don't ask me why.). Daniel and Jack had their "moments." Thor (and all of his Michael Shanksy goodness) was there. Teal'c was very verbose, and I like his presence... he's always had great presence, but now, he seems very... present.

There was ample concern for each character, whether it was Jack or Sam. And I liked the scene between Sam and Weir. They really are more similar than I think the writers intended.

Phew... I'm going all over the place!

In short... It was nice. Very reminiscent (sp?) of the old days, and yet, very new, fresh, and different.

Me gusta. Keep it coming. I have more than hope... I have PASSION!
              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 09 July 2004, 11:32 PM. Reason: ??

Comment

This two-hour opener is the best SG-1 season opener I've seen since "The Serpent's Lair," which dates back six years ago! My gosh has it been that long?

I'd very much like to see the new direction this show is going. I mean, this is an evolution, and things have changed.

It was an exciting episode all around. First we get the System Lords wanting HELP from Earth, which is something we've never seen before happen. Looks like Baal's back, big time, and like Anubis before him, he's also bugging the other System Lords. Weir was actually quite good in negotiating.

Oh and there's the Replicator crisis. We get apalled Fifth, and man is he angry!! Ugh! He was well portrayed. The interaction between SG-1 was well done. O'Neill saved not only the Earth but the Asgard, thanks to his knowledge! I liked that weapon that blew the replicators apart, even the human ones. It's good to see the Asgard have something to REALLY take the fight to the Replicators.

A Goa'uld on Earth now. This is also something new and totally unexpected. Might be interesting for future episodes!

I for one liked the promotions. It's nice to see some evolution of the show. I'd like to see how it goes. Although a nice appearance from Hammond would have been good.

That final scene with the Replicator copy of Carter, man that makes you shudder...

Comment

The best in all? OK, everyone is tormenting us UK spoiled people! lol
                  __

__

Comment

Hey, Shadow sounds like you saw more ship in the episode(s) than I did

I love Thor. Thought this was a great episode for the Asgard, I really hope we get a couple more Asgard episodes.

I thought the team seemed a little casual about the whole 'Sam might be dead' and 'lets save Jack'. It just seemed a little off

I liked the old Wier better but the new one's not bad.

Overall I enjoyed the episode(s).
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

A very good episode and a nice way to start the eighth season. I finally caught up with all of the messages and as far as the O'Neill situation when he was a hologram and did not seem to care as much for Sam, I have a theory on that:

When Jack finally woke up, he could not remember what happened to him. That speculates that he was mostly still under the influence of the Ancient knowledge to a point where he had no control of his subconscious which most likely affected how he felt with certain people.

Then again, I do not go too in depth with the episodes and find the smallest of flaws in the episode...pickers can't be choosers.

Other then that, I love the twist they had in the end with the Repli-Sam. Also I knew Jack was going to say something about Teal'c and the hair, I saw that coming.

Overall, great episode.
                      Oma: The universe is vast and we are so small. There is only one thing we can truly control.
                      Daniel: What's that?
                      Oma: Whether we are good or evil.

-Meridian (521)

Comment

Asgard are great. I think we see them appear again in Covenant judging by the pictures
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          Oh...thought it was for the class, like the O'Niell. Guess not. Still a badass episode.
                          The O'Niell wasn't the name of a class of ships either it was the name of the first ship in it's class...

Comment

I loved the O'Neill. Sahem it was blown up
                            __

__

Comment

I will agree that these first two episodes were good, but you would think that their military advisor was asleep again for some of it. First, all general offices have their rank (stars) centered on their lapels, not on the end like the lower ranks. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Second, the promotions were overdue. Jack had been a Col. (O-06) for over seven plus years. Most "real" officers stay at that rank for six years of less, or they are retired. Granted Jack did tick-off a lot of higher ups during these past seven years, but he should have been promoted to Brig. General as Major General Hammond's deputy several years ago. Especially since all organizational commanders have deputies, but Hammond had none.

And what is this about Jack being the new "Base Commander"? He is the new "organizational (SGC) commander". These are two different positions on any USAF base. A "Base Commander" is the "mayor" of the base, and is normally lower in rank than the base's primary organizational commander. He/she worries about the day-to-day operations of the base in general.

An organization commander is the "boss" of a functional organization (i.e. stargate operations, aircraft maintenance, security police, civil engineering, procurement), and they worry about the organization's "mission". Plus, on any given airbase you can have several organizational commanders, but only one is the overall/prime organization commander, which is what Jack now is (Commander - SGC). Someone else is the Base Commander of the "mountain". Another mess-up by the show's militray advisor.

Then as for Sam, she has been a Major for over five years, so her promotion should not have been a suprise to her. Because of her past many "world saving" efforts, she should have been on the fast-track for promotion for some time now.

And lastly, what's with the "repeat after me.." ceremony right after Jack pins on silver oak leaves on Sam? No one ever does that after a promotion. Its a totally different ceremony that one goes through when one enters a new office of responsibility, NOT rank.

Living life in the "other" Vancouver.

Comment

Wow I really liked this episode. Enough so that I even decided to stop lurking (which I've been doing since season 6) and actually register.

The question about maintaining the weapon might have been a deliberate ploy to see if the humans were lying.

Was I the only one that was bugged that they didn't bother making two more of the replicator guns before heading down to the planet? I guess once could argue that they only need one, but what if they got seperated? Also why didn't Jack try to shoot at the ship before it left (or did he and I just missed it?) I suppose it might have just been too big and thus had too much "cohesion" to be affected by such a small ray.

Other than that, I really like this episode and I'm really excited for this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X