Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mio
    I just caught something.

The japaneese system lord made some comment about us being unable to 'maintain' the Ancient weapon....when she knows, and she knows that we know, that Ancient tech is always designed to last millions of years without being serviced.

What a stupid comment.
    Well even though it is supposed to last it seems that a couple millinia under the ice could have done some damage. And what about Atlantis? From the lowdown it indicated that two of the three ZPM's were drained and the third was close to going. The Goa'uld are scavengers too so they might have a little more experience with trying to salvage any Ancient technology.

Originally posted by Adamixoye
    I agree. I loved the various combinations of team characters and their interactions in this one.

Camulus' role will be interesting.
    I know he's making at least one more appearence this season, but does anyone know if he'll be a popping up or just going back to Andromeda?

Comment

Originally posted by P90
      Well even though it is supposed to last it seems that a couple millinia under the ice could have done some damage. And what about Atlantis? From the lowdown it indicated that two of the three ZPM's were drained and the third was close to going. The Goa'uld are scavengers too so they might have a little more experience with trying to salvage any Ancient technology.
      Something tells me that the gou'ald have never seen a ZPM....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
        Something tells me that the gou'ald have never seen a ZPM....
        True.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          I just caught something.

The japaneese system lord made some comment about us being unable to 'maintain' the Ancient weapon....when she knows, and she knows that we know, that Ancient tech is always designed to last millions of years without being serviced.

What a stupid comment.
          I'm not sure if my comment will actually mean anything, because i'm not sure it may not make sense But i think Ama (Japanese System Lord short name) was trying to say that maybe its currently inoperatable at the moment, so a 'simple servicing' would be something like recharching the battery, haah...
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
            3) ShadowMaat has said there was too much ship, but I found the exact opposite. When hologram Jack is talking to Daniel, Teal'c and Thor, not a mention that Sam might be dead, and certainly no emotion from it. Same was true when he woke up and didn't remember anything. Seemed odd. Although Teal'c reaction when he first realized she might be dead was really touching.
            The reactions in general were a little off to me. The news that Sam might be dead, the news that Jack was alive, etc. Reaction shots needed some work.

4) Daniel has an excuse for not knowing that guns don't do squat on the humanoid replicators; he wasn't there. But Jack and Teal'c should have known better.
            Knowing that something won't work generally doesn't stop them from trying anyway.

5) Sam seemed a bit out of character the whole ep. In the cargo ship with Teal'c, crying after Fifth's torture, and all shaky during the promotion. Something just didn't sit right with me.
            She was weirdly ebullient in the cargo ship, although the crying from torture thing didn't bother me. The dippy grinning up at Jack DID bother me, especially as the camera really hung on to that shot for a while.

6) Was Thor's voice a bit different, or am I just crazy (or both)?
            THANK YOU!! Yes, I thought so, too. I actually wondered if it was really Thor at first. Even after Sam said, "Thor..."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              I'm not sure if my comment will actually mean anything, because i'm not sure it may not make sense But i think Ama (Japanese System Lord short name) was trying to say that maybe its currently inoperatable at the moment, so a 'simple servicing' would be something like recharching the battery, haah...
              No ancient tech the gou'ald have encountered (to our knowledge) has required a new set of batteries. Ever.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                No ancient tech the gou'ald have encountered (to our knowledge) has required a new set of batteries. Ever.
                Although they didn't mention that it didn't need batteries or not, didn't they mention it wasn't working at the moment for some reason, i have to rewatch to make sure

Comment

We also learned that the Ancients are even more advanced than previously thought.

The asgard extracted a repository of knowledge as long ago as Thor can remember, and they haven't even scratched the surface of the knowledge yet?!

WOW!

The asgard are....dumb in comparison to someone!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    The reactions in general were a little off to me. The news that Sam might be dead
                    I wondered about it at first, but Teal'c and Daniel had an appropriate reaction considering the circumstances. Jack maybe not as much, but still...there were in the middle of a war situation, and they didn't know for sure she was dead...they were probably going to react later.

She was weirdly ebullient in the cargo ship
                    I agree. I felt like that there was a lot of AT coming through in that scene, but she was okay the rest of the time.

THANK YOU!! Yes, I thought so, too. I actually wondered if it was really Thor at first. Even after Sam said, "Thor..."
                    I noticed nothing. Did you all see MS do the voice on the Lowdown? Hilarious.
                    It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
                      I noticed nothing. Did you all see MS do the voice on the Lowdown? Hilarious.
                      It was only sometimes. Other times he sounded right, but at certain points... it was like they didn't do enough flanging on the voice or something. Granted, it's been a while since I've heard his voice, but my first thought was, "Ha! They've already been captured by the Replicators and someone is mimicking Thor's voice..."

Comment

It was only sometimes. Other times he sounded right, but at certain points... it was like they didn't do enough flanging on the voice or something.
                        The first time we see Thor, and Thor says 'Greetings', I believe it was, is the most noticable......Lemme try and grab a clip...brb....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
                          1) What was with the tank tops on Sam and Teal'c? Okay, they looked good on them, but they didn't seem very professional. Certainly not very Air Force looking.
                          Yeah I noticed that too but I guess I just chalk it up to Scifi's influence.

3) ShadowMaat has said there was too much ship, but I found the exact opposite. When hologram Jack is talking to Daniel, Teal'c and Thor, not a mention that Sam might be dead, and certainly no emotion from it. Same was true when he woke up and didn't remember anything. Seemed odd. Although Teal'c reaction when he first realized she might be dead was really touching.
                          I thought the same thing. It's like they went overboard the opposite direction with Jack being too blase. Why can't Jack just *care* about all his team members without CARING about all his team members (if you know what I mean). At times in New Order he acted like they might have lost a valuable military asset, rather than, at the very least, a close friend. I'm no S/J shipper but it seemed a little weird.

6) Was Thor's voice a bit different, or am I just crazy (or both)?
                          I thought Thor's voice sounded different last year in Fragile Balance. I think MS's voice is a little deeper now or maybe they're doing something different when they flange it (or whatever you call it).
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I thought this was one of the best episodes yet.

I just wonder how those boxes of Earth projectile weapons just conveniently happened to be right there on Thor's ship...

Comment

The weapons were most likely from their ship that was torn apart, which was transported along with Sam and Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                                I thought the same thing. It's like they went overboard the opposite direction with Jack being too blase.
                                Yes, well, Jack... that just hearkens back to the cold, distant b*stard he was the past couple seasons. Or that's how I read him, anyway. The threats/excuses to Thor about Sam... maybe it was genuine concern for a teammate (as opposed to Sam), but it came off a little lamely to me.

And, as someone mentioned, there was that bit about how Jack could only do things "within reason", with that knowing little smirk of Sam's... Bleah.

But as I've already said, I'm overly-sensitized to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X