No announcement yet.

New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good season premiere for a contrasted season...
    We have all elements of sg: goa'ulds, replicators, asgards... the ancient knowledge to build a weapon: well found!

Sam is convincing in torturing scenes bad Fifth...
    Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

I love the line "Thor, yer got asprin?" lol, that's soooo Jack all the way
      And ok I'm not gonna start on how hot Steve Bacic was in this ep, Baal used to be the hottest but that went out the window the moment Kamulus walked thru the Stargate
      Does anyone know if he has a thunk thread here?
      I don't even know yet if it's legal but I'm really shipping Weir and Kamulus right now like ego for ego
      "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
      "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
      Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Ya since kamulus is probably
        Spoiler:
        Dead
        and weir is in a different galaxy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
          Ya since kamulus is probably
          Spoiler:
          Dead
          and weir is in a different galaxy.
          lol, the probably usually means that there's a possibility that he could come back, after all why did Baal really want Camulus?
          "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
          "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel View Post
            Mazing! I can't beleive the asgard named a ship calss the daniel jackson. Loved the twist. Wonder what the name is.
            SO far, we have had the Oniel, which was 'self destructed; when carter suggested it early in season 3/4 neck of the woods. I don't know if there has been a samantha carter or a teal'c ship yet...

Comment

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser View Post
              Heh, i can't be bothered reading 20 pages of replies, all I've got to add is...

Jack blasting replicators with the Ancient-design weapon and shouting "Who's your daddy??" = win.
              Agreed.

These two episodes were an awesome start to the season. I didn't even really miss Jack in the first ep, but I was glad to see him return in the second. I love Thor and seeing him peek out from behind whatever he was hiding during the fight was really funny. Also liked Jack questioning Teal'c about his hair, even if we don't ever get an answer. The repli-carter also looks like it will be a pretty good plot in a future episode. Fifth is a pretty cool bad guy and I occasionally feel sorry for him (don't really know why though )

The conversation between sg-1 at the end about whether he should take the job as General was really good, and funny, and it will be really interesting to see how he runs things. Although I will miss him being part of the team and going on missions with them.
              "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
              S/J all the way!
              Big Honkin' Resolution!
              sigpic
              John/Teyla Shipper!
              SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

A Great series of episodes! New Order1 & 2. Fantastic!

A funny moment that was glossed over quickly was when Daniel found out the name of Thor's new ship was the "Daniel Jackson". Everyone else was busy with more important issues, but the look on Daniel's face was priceless!

Comment

Thought this episode was quite good
                  Good start to the season
                  Glad to see Jack return

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
                    A Great series of episodes! New Order1 & 2. Fantastic!

A funny moment that was glossed over quickly was when Daniel found out the name of Thor's new ship was the "Daniel Jackson". Everyone else was busy with more important issues, but the look on Daniel's face was priceless!
                    I liked Daniel's reaction to hearing the Asgard named a ship after him. But that's always bothered me, since I think Sam should have had a ship named after her before Daniel did. She has more directly done things for the Asgard than anything Daniel ever did, and just because of that I think she should have had a ship named after her. I don't recall anything specific that Daniel ever did for the Asgard, other than being part of SG1, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I just watched those episodes this weekend myself

I liked Thor peeking up over the desk after Jack has destroyed the replicator. Would have been nice to see a bit more conern for presumed dead Sam and then emotion on Jack's face after finding Sam, tho.

I did like the conversation at the end where he's taking with his team about taking the job. His weighing of the pros and cons would differ from, say, Daniel's. 'I can do whatever I want.' That seems to clinch it for him. lol.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        I just watched those episodes this weekend myself

I liked Thor peeking up over the desk after Jack has destroyed the replicator. Would have been nice to see a bit more conern for presumed dead Sam and then emotion on Jack's face after finding Sam, tho.

I did like the conversation at the end where he's taking with his team about taking the job. His weighing of the pros and cons would differ from, say, Daniel's. 'I can do whatever I want.' That seems to clinch it for him. lol.

I rewatch that one last night, too. I never realized Thor's reaction to Jack's shooting until then. Funny, how even familiar episodes have little details you never noticed before. As you, I would have enjoyed a more emotional reaction from Jack (to Sam's possible demise and then finding her alive) but I guess this was one of those episodes of "no relationships among military personnel". And that would get in the way of the action.

From all the replicators Fifth was my favourite because he had a human vulnerability which made him unpredictable …All the others since, exception made to RepliCarter and Replicator Weir sounded … artificial. Maybe when the enemy is closer to us it makes him scarier.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Great episode (both parts together on DVD) Replicator ship is certainly a bad a$$ looking ship, though the only thing that puzzles me is how the Replicator that escape the Asgard planet were enough to rebuild that shape, assuming its the same size.

love all the funny moment with Jack. My favorite moments would have to be when Thor open his eyes wide in surprise after Jack destroyed the replicator guy, and when Jack said who's your daddy, lol

And another thing is this episode also shows how great the Ancients were, their knowledge seems to be able to solve anything.

Comment

Like Lost City, this episode definately works better on the dvd as one whole episode rather than 2 seperate parts.

Comment

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
                              Like Lost City, this episode definately works better on the dvd as one whole episode rather than 2 seperate parts.
                              Well, do you mean if it was on the DVD as a whole episode? Or do you have some version of the DVD that has it as a 1.5 hour ep?
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                                Well, do you mean if it was on the DVD as a whole episode? Or do you have some version of the DVD that has it as a 1.5 hour ep?
                                The DVD I have has it as one whole hour and half episode, in my opinion the two-parters work better that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X