New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall a great episode.

Jack was hilarious when he first got into the ship's computer - messing with the lights & "Talk amongst yourselves"...LOL!
    Really nice Jack & Daniel moments

And I'll say it again - Thor is so cool!! And it was quite cute when he peeked up over the console after the replicator attack! Plus, we got to see him being "Supreme Commander" Thor in this one, taking command of the situation, with the other guys reporting to him and everything...

Why didn't Jack ask what happened to Sam when Daniel said she might have survived?
    I mean, I'm sure he worked it out for himself after a bit, but still...

Fifth's Sam & Pete scenario - didn't like that, but I liked that Fifth made the point that she would have accepted it if she had wanted it enough.

I loved that Jack discussed taking command with the team. So many great lines -

Jack: I've spent my whole life sticking it to the man. If I do this, I'll be the man. I don't think I can be the man.

Jack: I've never had a desk
    Sam: For the record, sir, you do have a desk.
    Jack: I do?

Daniel: On the flip side of the coin, there's the fact that nobody knows how this place should be run better than you.
    Jack: Why thank you, Daniel.
    Daniel: With a little guidance from your good friends and advisors, of course.

LOL!!

Camulus - interesting. I hope they use it.

RepliCarter - that was a bit of a creepy scene!

Comment

OK...

1. Is it me or did holo-Jack seem slightly out of it? Though he was back on form in the General sequence.

2. Which reminds me, what the heck is Jack going to make of a Goa'uld on the books?

3. Replicarter wasn't that much of a shocker.

4. Fifth went from stone cold to complete mess up.

O'Neill as a General will take some getting used to but...

So far so good.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I've already said most of what I liked about this one. The only new thing I have to say is that I liked the SFX where the replicators disintegrated.

It stood up well to a second viewing, almost as well as pt1.

Madeleine

Comment

I agree with Madeline, I like the gun that Jack built. It was pretty cool. Jack is now general, go Jack!

Replicarter didn't come as a shock, I did know about her, but still a bit of a weird ending.

When Jack was aboard Thor's ship messing with the ships controls, and Thor is just standing there like "Jack". And I loved the bit where Thor's eyes went REALLY big because of the weapon Jack used against the replicator on the ship. Good stuff.

A vast improvment to the first part of New Order but they need to be watched together so you get the idea. I wacthed Pt. 1 again before Pt. 2 aired to get into what happened and such. Much better than last week.

I hope they bring Camulus back up again. I like him, I think he's great. I didn't know about his fleet and such, and I do hope we see him more in the future and not just sent to somewhere else where he can't cause any trouble. He seems to be more unevil than the others!
          __

__

Comment

I enjoyed the ep overall.
            I enjoyed the Weir/Camulus scenes and Weir and Daniel banter...to be honest,I just like Weir's/Torri's attitude and if other people don't, well,that's up to their personal judgement.
            Amaterasu...cool lady of Goa'uld menace.I hope she appears again.With/without Yu...Lord Yu that is. (Yes I know,every joke,every pun,...couldn't resist. )

Fifth-as-Pete : confusing .I'm not surprised Sam didn't buy the deception,as I thought the scenario/dialogue was rather cheesily written in places .
            On 2nd viewing,I felt the menace factor could have been greater.
            Loved Jack's return,and the Daniel/Jack friendship seemed alive and well,IMO.
            The Replicaters and their ships fascinate me ,as do the Asgard.
            (I love those Ships ! Only fair for there to be one named the "Daniel Jackson" !)
            Not much Teal'c this part...but I loved the moment where he simply primed his gun,ready for action.Ah,Teal'c,I adore his way of cutting to the chase !

Now to the biggie(for me !) ...."RepliCarter" ! She is set up to be a very interesting character,according to some stuff I've read,and I'm looking forward to certain eps,in the 2nd half of S8 even more.

Edit:
            So now Jack's the Man.Carter's promoted.Nice to see Walter getting some lines !
            Jack's going to be very different from Hammond,that's for sure .

I forgot to praise the Team friendship moment when S/D/T were "advising" Jack.Great banter !
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 October 2004, 11:32 AM.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I enjoyed this 2 parter, loved the Jack "i can
              do what i like on this ship" then he starts
              playing with the controls, some nice Jack and
              Daniel moments there also but one really jarring moment came when he finds out about
              Sam being lost.

I really do not buy that Sam wants to live
              on a farm with Pete, all i keep thinking about
              is that maybe Sam is getting a little fed up
              with saving the world and deep down she wants
              a simple life and 5th picked up on that from
              her mind and put his own slant on it and
              came up with a farm!
              Loved Sam promotion from Jack and was'nt they
              standing close together at the end when Sam
              started to say her oath, lol, reminded me of
              marriage vows!
              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                Actually, Fifth very much reminds me of LOTR - Frodo (but a slightly less sane version ). Possibly it has to do with the hair.
                Oooh, I love Fifth's hair! I don't care if he's evil - he has great hair!

Not so sure about Sam's hair when she was down on the farm though. It looked as if it had been tacked on at the end! I much prefer her hair short.

Originally posted by Liv
                Even from Thor there was banter (well, there was one impatient line from him telling Jack not to mess with the ship's lights, but I take what I can get ).
                I totally believe in Thor. When I watch him, I'm so convinced that he's a real little alien. It's amazing! Loved the bit on board the ship where Thor popped his head up and blinked after ducking behind the control panel. He cracks me up when he blinks - it's so adorable!

Really liked this episode overall. I thought Dr Weir had some good dynamics with both Daniel and Jack. It's a shame the characters will be split up now that Weir's gone off to Atlantis. Can't wait to see Jack in charge of the SGC though!
                "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Well i just saw it and dam that was great....

loved jacks comedy, his comments on tealcs hair and dam thats was brill.

cant wait to see what happens with the sam replicator!
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by CultTVGirl
                    I totally believe in Thor. When I watch him, I'm so convinced that he's a real little alien. It's amazing! Loved the bit on board the ship where Thor popped his head up and blinked after ducking behind the control panel. He cracks me up when he blinks - it's so adorable!
                    Heh, yeah that exact same thing cracks me up, too. He did that in another episode as well (the title eludes me right now) and it was just so funny.
                    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

the colours different between the pupet and the cg.

the cg thor reminds me of the greys from taken alot, ye ye i know thors meant to be a grey but still....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                        who wouldnt love hats?
                        arriving late at the convo, but now I'Ve seen this I can read the thread.

Hats!! what's not to like about them? especially when you're stuck in, say, an ice cave!!

er... where wasI?

Oh yes. Nice ep. Quite exciting, nice to see Fifth back, didn't like Sam's hair extensions, nice to see Thor anytime, good Jack/Daniel banter, "what's with the hair"... all that.

But... oh man. I have such a massive problem with Lt Col Carter that I'm not even going to start. I'm just going to ignore it totally.
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

oh and jacks little duke nukem scene.

Whos your daddy? Whos your daddy?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                            Hats!! what's not to like about them? especially when you're stuck in, say, an ice cave!!
                            See, Major Clanger misses the entire thread about headgear and berets... yet posts here about it

Comment

oooohhhhhh point me at it (sorry, short of time!!)
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Beret, Beret on the head, who is the most arrogant of all...
                                Originally posted by Major Clanger
                                oooohhhhhh point me at it (sorry, short of time!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X