New Order, Part 1 (801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Never mind........I've a good imagination,and for your list I'd just like to add : Teal'c,Teal'c Teal'c !
    I actually prefer him without hair. But... mmmmmmmmm
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

i liked it when he had the goatee!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
        i liked it when he had the goatee!
        I hated that little blond caterpillar he had for a while. I don't know why, but it really bugged me. That was the season that Carter seemed to dry her hair by plugging directly into the mains.
        I know it was done to show that time passed while the SGC got the 2nd gate set up, but it looked like they had been off-world for months, not years.

Anyway, at least Teal'c is being allowed to grow his hair on camera. It would have been way too much of a shock, had he just appeared with a full head of hair.
        Now, the question is, what style should he go for? Dreadlocks? Affro? The "Hendricks" style, as per "1969"? Or just crew-cut, as per regs?
        sigpic

Comment

i just like goatees i wanna grow one lol.

id like for him to have dreads, as long as they get round to explaining whats up with him growing hair!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

An OK episode, seemed two much like it was slapped together from way to many previous SG episodes such as:
            A Matter of Time (the balck hole. 'nuff said)
            Fair Game (Goa'uld coming to earth; even had Yu. The Big big bluffing)
            Small Victories (hyperdrive suicide tactics, Asgard beaming at precisely the right moment)
            Exodus (blowing up a sun)
            Unatural Selection (reps using the Time dilator to kick ass)
            The Lost City Pt.1 (A ship will be here tomorro cliffhanger)

Well, it was done well but all the different elements were cut together badly. This epsiode in itself could have been explanded to fill a two parter.

There was way to much dialogue crammed in and the new Weir/Daniel dynamic didn't work very well and we have squat explanation for the hair!!!
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
              ... the new Weir/Daniel dynamic didn't work very well and we have squat explanation for the hair!!!
              How well the dymanic works is a matter of perception I think (just look at the battles between Shippers and Anti-Shippers, everything is how the viewer percieves it).

I know there are already a few Weir/Daniel fics out there, based on New Order and bits of Rising Part 1. So obviously some people see chemistry there...

I'm not sure I buy all your similarities either (though I'll grant some of them). The Asgard are going to try tactics that they tried previously, and they have a fondness for timing with the beaming, so really in that way all Asgard episodes are going to be similar. Revelations is another beaming just in time thing... and since it's a followup to the human form replicator story, sure they're going to address how that one ended.

I'm also really not sure I buy that any episode with a black hole in it is going to be just like A Matter of Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                How well the dymanic works is a matter of perception I think (just look at the battles between Shippers and Anti-Shippers, everything is how the viewer percieves it).

I know there are already a few Weir/Daniel fics out there, based on New Order and bits of Rising Part 1. So obviously some people see chemistry there...
                Well I'm glad some out there saw sometihng in it. All the dialogue in this episode seemed off... Like a said it suffers from to much being crammed into the one episode. If they'd done a full season they could have made New Order a three parter...

And ithough of another rip-off: "Abyss" (Sam being tortured repetively)
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

And ithough of another rip-off: "Abyss" (Sam being tortured repetively)
                  Bad guys hurt people. I'm still not sure I buy it as a rip off.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    Bad guys hurt people. I'm still not sure I buy it as a rip off.
                    That may be but I dislike the portend of Fifth just holding Sam near the end. If Fifth's nice humanty comes back and saves the day in PtII I think i sha;l call this the most cliche ridden peice of Trash ever to be called an SG1 episode....

and ifthat does happen don't spoil me.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

That may be but I dislike the portend of Fifth just holding Sam near the end. If Fifth's nice humanty comes back and saves the day in PtII I think i sha;l call this the most cliche ridden peice of Trash ever to be called an SG1 episode....

and ifthat does happen don't spoil me.
                      Part 2
                      Spoiler:
                      Don't worry. That does not happen.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        Part 2
                        Spoiler:
                        Don't worry. That does not happen.
                        Thank you! (yes, I know I'm weak. I couldn't resist...)
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Whohoo I get to see this episode Thursday, 21 October, 2004 Channel7 my part of the world.

Sorry this is a useless post, I'm just excited and had to tell someone.
                          I am supprised Channel7 is starting season8 when we just finished season7 only 5 nights ago, bring it on.

I will be back to read this thread Friday.
                          Genetic Memory Rocks

Comment

Yea, ditto, fantastic.

Fav visual effect bit was when the replicator ship emerged from hyper space and was blown to smithereens.
                            I thought Asgard weapons had no effect on them, pity, it was a cool ship. Too bad Sam was on board, but we all know it is not her time yet. I will find it interesting how she gets out of the proverbial this time in part two. Also from many uncensored spoilers in this thread it looks like Jacks future is looking warmer in the next episode as well. (I'm assuming Australia got the same version of "New Order, Part 1 (801)" ?)

I am sorry if someone else has written a post along the same lines as this one. I gave up reading the tread half way though. "New Order, Part 2 (802)" has 390 post and "Affinity (807)" thread has 402 posts, which is even worse.
                            Voicing my opinion of the episode seems hardly worth while.
                            Genetic Memory Rocks

Comment

The walls of the Asgard ship looked like the inside of my bag of Goldfish crackers.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeHead
                                Voicing my opinion of the episode seems hardly worth while.
                                How come? I always find a way to add a few wise-cracks about the ep in if nothing else!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X