No announcement yet.

Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was a great episode. its such a nice exploration into the character of Sam Carter, it really allows you to see her in a different way

I can see why this is a contraversial episode, but imo its great. acting was brilliant, the direction was crazily eery which is perfect for this episode. and Im glad that some people can see SG for what, imo, it really is, and thats a deep, clever scifi which does not just rely on visual effects to draw in an audience
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Yep, great ep for Sam/Amanda.

I noticed that every hallucination represented a part of her:

Teal'c: the warrior
      Daniel: the scientist
      Jacob: the little girl
      Jack: the woman

Don't know if someone said something like this before 'cos I didn't take time to read every single post

Comment

Originally posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi
        The Final, and most dramatic part, would be Sam's conversation with Jack (lets remember here, this is SAMS IMAGE OF JACK, so how she sees him) This is incredibly meaningful, espically for all the shippers out there! What I got out of this was that Sam loves jack, but she doesnt know if he loves her back. Sam wants to be loved, and she knows even if Jack loved her they couldnt because of regs, and they both know it. Sam has been setting her sights on Jack, something she knows she cant get, to keep her from falling for someone else and being hurt. Jacks "I'm a safe bet" and "jacobs right you deserve more" are VERY IMPORTANT!! Sam thinks (IMO quite correctly) that Jack wants sam to be happy, he knows they cant be togeather under the current circumstances and he doesnt want her to be unhappy because of him. Jack is okay with Sam getting a boyfriend (pete) (maybe not okay, but understanding and accepting) because he wants her to be happy more than he wants her for himself, shows how much he loves her eh? alot. And by "im a safe bet" he means that even if sam gets another boyfriend, he will still always be there for her when she needs him. He wont hold a grudge or hold it against her. If things dont work out with other guys, he will still be there for her.
        Thank you for confirming my own views and providing a beacon of hope for all those Jack/Sam shippers out there. Keep the faith!
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

This is a great episode for there realationship, it takes it to a totaly different level.
          sigpic

Comment

very good episode.

that kiss was fantastic!!!

and I hadn't really thought about it, but now you mention it, yeah they all do represent a part of her.

daniel: the scientist
            teal'c: the warrior
            jack: the woman

and I think grace is her inner child. carefree and happy and wanting to have fun. sam's idea of fun of working in her lab. grace is there to remind her that sometimes it's best not to think about your work, to not think at all and just let yourself relax
            Thank you Jenova Synthesis

Thank you to homever I borrowed this from

Comment

Probably true.......... Haha
              sigpic

Comment

Sam kissed herself?

Mattathias

Comment

HAHAHAHA never thought of it that way.
                  sigpic

Comment

thought i'd jump in with my thoughts. i loved this episode. one reason is because i am jack/sam shipper and that kiss was great but also because im a sam fan and i think it was a great episode for her

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Ya

WHO WERE THOSE ALIENS???

haha will it ever be answered I wonder?
                      sigpic

Comment

Of course, like on other forums there are people who don't like it because they are bored, etc...

what a pity, it is an excellent "psychological episode", without doing it too much... sg is not only space battles and p90 shots, sometimes, different episodes are well too
                        Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

I think it's a very interesting chapter, because I think that Amanda Tapping had made an excellent acting.

The story it's very good, it lets me to think what could happen, or think when a person is alone in a ship. I like the chapters like this, because it lets me to reflect situations.

Grace's character it's good, I fall catched in her mysterious apparitons.

Generally it's a very good chapter.
                          Nile

Comment

This is also one of my favourite episodes... I loved it that it was all about Sam!, you could really see the talent that is Amanda! And she really looked amazingly beautiful in this episode. *screaming* I LOVE YOU SAM!
                            : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                            Geeky : Oh brother...
                            : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Well, the first time I saw this one, I could barely sit through it. I think I was ironing or something while watching and I guess I wasn't really paying attention

But, I've got to admit, on second watching I really kind of like it. It's not an episode I'd watch over and over, but it was really well done (both writing and acting). It seemed a bit more like a Star Trek kind of episode than a Stargate episode, but that's OK every once in a while.

Season 7 seems to have more of these episodes based on individual characters rather than the team acting as a whole (I suppose because of RDA's reduced availability). While I wouldn't want the whole series to be like that, it is kind of nice to get these episodes that give the different actors their chance to shine. This one for AT, "Lifeboat" for MS, and "Birthright" for CJ.

Comment

I've always wondered that because of the dialogue between Sam and Jack, it actually was putting into action what they were talking about. She's scared of getting hurt. In trying to get over her feelings for Jack, is she in actual fact setting up her defence mechanism to avoid getting hurt by him? Does she really believe that the feelings she's been hiding for years are simply to avoid getting hurt by someone else? Seems unlikely- people's feelings don't work that way. You can't will yourself to develop feelings for someone else to save you from taking the leap in a proper relationship. After all, when all said and done, she is talking to herself.
                                The way the kiss happeed seems kind of important as well. She only thinks about it and this is after they've had the whole 'I'm a safe bet'- get over it conversation. So after thinking about what she actually feels, she's still thinking abot kissing him?
                                I really like hoe's Jack's in civilian clothing. It's like she feels safer having the conversation with him out of his uniform, so that there's not such a glaring 'you can't go there' banner above his head.

Clare
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X