No announcement yet.

Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi i watched sg1 episode "grace" there was a song in it from 23:26 to 23:32 can you guys tell me which song is it plz it was only for 6 seconds.

Comment

The whole episode was so sad. Sam is so used to being scientist and soldier that she's let (whether by choice or by fear) the personal side of her fall to the wayside. The people her mind conjured when she had her concussion represented the softer side of Sam, or what she wants herself to be but hasn't been able to because of scientist/soldier Sam. She wants Jack to call her 'Sam'. She does want what her father is talking about but doesn't know how to go about getting it since the man she really wants is unattainable. I love the episode but its so sad.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

It's great to think that the best person in Sam's mind is a yhoung girl (GRACE).

Comment

I think Grace was her concussed mind's representation of the simplicity Sam longs for in her life because she's been so focused on Soldier and Scientist Sam. What does everyone else think?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger View Post
            Light spoilers.....

For me 'Grace' really didn't have any point. They never explained who those aliens were. Furlings? Romulans? And why they didn't get Carter as well.
            We got to see some stuff from her point of view, but that was about it.
            I really dout that they would be the furlings because they were part of the 4 races they wouldn't attack randomly without any communication, thats not their way.

Comment

I'd like to see the Furlings but not as some wannabe Ewok clones. There's been a lot of speculation about what that ship was and I'd love to know. Maybe in one of the next SG-1 movies . . .
              sigpic

Comment

Personally, my view about Grace is that she's the child Carter never was, a normal kid, a kid that maybe she sometimes, subconsciously wish she was. Grace is like a product of Sam's imagination of a childhood she never had.

This cross my mind at that part when sam explain about the surface tension and Grace said it was boring and instead insist on just blowing the bubbles.

And later on, Grace asked her to explain what she's doing with the ship, to me, its like, its implying that Grace could be both a smart person and also have a childhood at the same time

Comment

A childhood or - a normal, fulfilling life outside of work, which is what her conversation with Jack was all about . . .
                  sigpic

Comment

this is not one of the best episodes i have seen in this series i kind of liked the concept but i just found this episode a bit boring. maybe i need to see it again to appreciate it fully
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                      Personally, my view about Grace is that she's the child Carter never was, a normal kid, a kid that maybe she sometimes, subconsciously wish she was. Grace is like a product of Sam's imagination of a childhood she never had.

This cross my mind at that part when sam explain about the surface tension and Grace said it was boring and instead insist on just blowing the bubbles.

And later on, Grace asked her to explain what she's doing with the ship, to me, its like, its implying that Grace could be both a smart person and also have a childhood at the same time
                      Well said. That's how I see Grace too, the part of Carter that wanted to blow bubbles just because it's fun and not over-thinking it. I see her as representing the care-free childhood she may have had before her mother's death, or maybe before she became so focused and serious about becoming an astronaut.

And I really liked that beat when Grace asked Sam to explain what she was doing, and then Sam's double-take when she says 'neat'. To me it was like Sam was focused on the fact her idea could save herself, then Grace chimes in to remind her that the idea itself is pretty cool too.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                        this is not one of the best episodes i have seen in this series i kind of liked the concept but i just found this episode a bit boring. maybe i need to see it again to appreciate it fully
                        It's more of a character reflection piece for Sam, than an overall team action episode so I can see how some people wouldn't have liked it.

We learned a little bit more about what she really does long for in life ( a normal, stable life outside of work) and why she doesn't have it. The repercussions from this episode last until 'Threads' at the end of season 8.
                        sigpic

Comment

i agree i found out alot about sam and her life before we knew her and that she does have something other then work witch is a great thing to know and aloud me to connect with her as a person but it was still kind of boring
                          sigpic

Comment

i thought grace was an excellent ep and AT deserved the leo award for best lead performance by a female in a dramatic series...

i really enjoyed the way her mind brought everyone in... it was fun how daniel and tealc were giving her a hard time... it was a touching moment when jacob told sam she deserved to be happy... and as a shipper who wouldnt love the conversation she had with jack and that kiss, eeekkkk...

and short of going back through every single post in this thread to date, is there anyone else out there who thinks grace represents what sam and jacks daughter would look like???
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I don't think Grace represents their daughter, I think she represents Sam as a child without a care or concern in the world - so very unlike the Sam we know.
                              sigpic

Comment

I still can't quite decide if I like this episode or not. Strange how the SGC asked the Tok'ra to conduct a search but no mention of contacting the Asgard? What happened to the rest of the crew? Were they interrogated, tortured, invited to a 4-day alien orgy, what? And whoever the hell those aliens were, how did they get so advanced without being wiped out by the Goa'uld (unless they were Space Pirates from another dimension or something, preying on primitive vessels, er, for fun) how else to explain their identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X