No announcement yet.

Lifeboat (706)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am in the minority. I just got through watching this one for the first time... except it took me 3 sittings to get through it without falling asleep lol

Comment

"find the small woman"

Michael Shanks was awesome in this episode! And so was Janet.

other than that it was ehhhhh.
      sigpic

Comment

Janet was awesome in this ep and yes Michael Shanks did an awesome job at playing the different personalities. Loved the part where Janet tells Martise that she doesn't give a damn who he is.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
          Janet was awesome in this ep and yes Michael Shanks did an awesome job at playing the different personalities. Loved the part where Janet tells Martise that she doesn't give a damn who he is.
          I know right!!! I was cheering her own, especially because Martise was such a butthole. Grr.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiKnight13 View Post
            I know right!!! I was cheering her own, especially because Martise was such a butthole. Grr.
            lol Agreed.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

MS was amazing in this one. I think he's a seriously underutilized actor for most of the time in the show. The plot was also an interesting take on an old story that's been around since at least Star Trek TOS: Space Seed.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                MS was amazing in this one. I think he's a seriously underutilized actor for most of the time in the show. The plot was also an interesting take on an old story that's been around since at least Star Trek TOS: Space Seed.
                Yeah. I agree that he did a good job on this ep and in the series. He has used, whether intentional or not, some of Daniel's gestures from the movie too, which helps link the character. It made it as easier jump from the movie Daniel to the series Daniel, unlike the Sha're/Sha'uri transistion... but I should take this to Ms thunk thread.

Ms played an excellent rollercoaster of emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                  but I should take this to Ms thunk thread.

Ms played an excellent rollercoaster of emotion.
                  lol.
                  But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

Agreed with the above, Michael Shanks does phenomenal and so does Teryl Rothery, very good from both of them.

The story could have been a little better. I think I would have liked to have found out what happened to the people.
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I still don't understand what exactly happened technically to cause Pharen and Daniel to be occupied by all those people, and understand even less how it was reversed and everyone living happily ever after. The explanations in the story were not clear and Sam's explanations were too short and fast.

Where did SGC find the planet where the Stromos was crashed? How long was the ship there, and where was Thalus in relation to other human planets equipped with stargates? If they were all frozen and intended to travel for hundreds of years, was it hundreds of years earlier that they had left their planet?
                      Last edited by Dave2; 22 December 2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Simply one of the finest episodes this show ever produced. I was completely drawn in by Michael Shank's performance and found tears welling in my eyes when he became the little boy. Stunning work. And in the end they find a happy resolution after all!

RATING: 9.5 out of 10
                        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Tuesday night...another ep of SG1...

1. This ep was branded as a "Michael Shanks tour de force" going in.

2. What we got was certainly an interesting performance from MS switching between various personas.

3. We also got an interesting dilemma...ultimately a case of "bigger picture vs life of individual" and we all knew where our guys would stand.

4. Martice...yeah, not much different to a Goa'uld.

Solid ep, improvement of the last one.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Good episode.

Loved Shanks' performance, did a good job with each of those personalities.

Tomorrow, Unas civil war.
                            sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I echo everyone's thoughts about how awesome Michael Shanks and Teryl Rothery are. One of my faves in general too.
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I think I'm in the minority here in that this episode is not one of my favourite ones.

In amongst all the characters only the moment the child comes through and is played perfectly by Michael is the the one that worked for me. He captures the innocent fear and confusion of the little boy perfectly. When you see the little boy in the flashback you could see how well Michael captured his mannerisms and even facial expressions.

His portrayal of Martice to me was almost identical to his portrayal of Ma'chello when he got all high and mighty about people owing him for all he did in his fight against the Goa'uld. That same use of intonation and expression seemed to come through.

Comment

Working...
                                X