No announcement yet.

Lifeboat (706)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant acting by Michael Shanks in this ep. Good acting by Teryl as well.

Michael portrayed the other personalities so well.

Not much else to say really.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
      About the female role...gotta tell you I never though about that but now that you mentioned it made me reaaaaally curious about what would have happend if Michael would have played a female role that would be something I would definetly have to see
      Actually, Michael Shanks does play a female role in Season 10 (I think) when he "channels" Vala through that Ori communication device. It's funny, and disturbing to watch at the same time. Overall, very entertaining, Shanks is a greatly talented actor.
      sigpic

Comment

That was in S9 in Crusade
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

^ Oh yes, of course!
          Cam: "Jackson, have you got something to tell me...?"

I love that part
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Its interesting to see the different personalities and range of emotions Micheal Shanks can play. Besides that the episode falls kind of flat. The whole episode is written to showcase what Shanks can and it shows in the story of how so much of the story is written between Fraiser and Daniel's personalities. It seems like they kind of rushed the other half of the story of the ship that crash landed on the planet that SG1 crash landed on. The overall result is boredem. I like seeing the range Shanks can act but that gets old fast and leaves an overall feel of boredem.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

So beyond Shanks impressively playing multiple roles with relative ease, the only other thing I can think of watching this episode is the end of Universe. Which makes me sad.
              Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Comment

I think too it was really good acting. Good to see Fraiser and Daniel.
                I liked the idea with a ship on the run from a dying sun, and it crashed on an abandoned planet. It reminded me somehow of battlestar galactica.
                With that said, I felt like I missed something. A little to much talk for me I guess, and we didn't get to hear much of Talthus...

Comment

True.. Would have been nice to go back and visit them later on.. say during S9/10..

Comment

I liked the episode. I thought they would ask the Asgard for help since they download their minds to different bodies. Or ask the android guy to make some android bodies so they could download into. Everyone said everything else I was going to say about this episode.

Comment

SQUEE!!!

So much Daniel/Janet goodness... but I digress...

I love this episode. Brillaint performances by Teryl and Michael. Fierce and fiery, and just brilliant.

It's an interesting episode. How far would we really go in order to safe the people that we love and care for. Janet all the way. Gosh I love those scenes between her and the souvereign.

As a sidenote: I really like the image at the start, with the ship crashed against the rockface. It looks like early Halo games graphics, but it's believable enough to look not fake... much.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If they had a 11th season, it would have been nice for them to have revisited those people.. Find out how they are doing.

Comment

That would indeed have been nice.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

At least he won the Leo award for this episode " Dramatic Series: Best Lead Performance by a Male"

Comment

Watched this the other day, and I got chills. It really was the Michael Shanks/Teryl Rothery show, as TR put it, and they were superb.

This may not be what others would have wanted, but I definitely could have done with more of them in the episode, not to mention an ending scene with Daniel back to normal and actually interacting with everyone.

Otherwise, I loved it, and James Parks as Pharrin was brilliant. He really made the case for the other point of view when we (well, the team) were only focused on Daniel. As others have pointed out, it would have been nice to revisit the story to see if they actually made it out alive.
                              Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 20 July 2015, 09:52 AM.
                              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

There are many eps, like this one it would have done well to have revisited.
                                Such as the one from Season 2 (or 3) where we gated into a world near war cause of 2 opposing factions, where Narim helped us out. What happened when we left?

Comment

Working...
                                X