No announcement yet.

Fragile Balance (703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also had a bit of a problem with the Pilots scene.

Its possible that there were more people in the room who were a Major but one of them was a Captain. i doubt there would have been anyone in the room who was higher. But even if some were Major, she has had far more experience than most currently alive at the SGC. She was more than likely the senior officer in the room. When the Pilots found out the Kid was really Jack they all sat up straight and looked ready to listen, they really should have been like that in the first place.

Since they obviously know who Sam is it's hard to believe that they would behave like that to a person who has saved the world so many times (and consequently them).

I think all this scene was supposed to show is Jack's command presence. Im glad they showed him the respect he deserved but i feel it was at sam's expense. They obviously respect jack alot, if they respect him that much to listen to him even if he was 15, they would probably respect sam alot aswell.

That was the only part i didn't like in the episode. As a whole, i thought it was great.

Comment

I agree about the pilots. Seemed disrespectful of them, and does anyone do anything about it? But they will be more respectful to a teenager? I would have been really annoyed. Anyway, apart from that, I thought it was a really funny episode, and the ending was very nicely done, IMO.
      AKA Rhin Ariel...or something along those lines.

This sig is extremely dangerous and highly volatile. It may explode at any moment. The only way to keep it under control is to click the following links. Thank you.

My LJ
      My Fanfic LJ
      My stories on FF.net

Comment

So I just finished watching this episode and I agree that the kid did a fantastic job as Jack and that it was nice and entertaining and all, but what’s with the going back to high school bit. I understand that one would want to go back and learn the things one didn’t learn, but when little Jack was leaving the truck, he glanced over at the girls and I couldn’t help but think “you freking pedophile!” Jack’s supposed to be old, like 50, but he’s looking at those high school girls like they were produce. Just because he was in the body of a kid doesn’t justify him trolling for some young, high school action. I mean, what kind of message does that ending send to viewers? I think the writers and directors were trying to say that it would be great to go back and do things all over again, but what I got was, it’d be great to go back so we could prey on fresh young girls again. But then again, I can’t blame the writers for thinking that; I imagine that many of those who are of Jack’s age and those, including myself, who will eventually become Jack’s age, will have the same ideas pass through their minds at one time or another. But that’s not the point; the point is that the producers blatantly allowed such magnificently foul ideas seep onto the TV screen. It was kind of funny, but it was a little disturbing. I can’t help but to think that this episode gave viewers a little peek into the darker, nastier side of the minds of the writers. Albeit, very subtly.

Comment

I see your point. I think it's one of those times that you just have to disenegage your brain for a few moments if you're to enjoy the show. Jack's ogling schoolgirls? Sam's injured on the floor and the guys have their hands in their pockets? Jack's snogged Sam and she doesn't know it and he's looking smug about it?

I just think there are times when the writers, directors and so forth are so fixed on getting scene 12 right or getting the lighting just how they want it and a thousand other things that they don't have time to fully think through the implications of certain things. I reckon the fact that the actor was fifteen distracted them from the obvious truth that a 56-year-old oughtn't to be eying up fifteen year olds.

Since stuff like that is pretty rare it's easy for me to just file it under Silly Mistake and move on .

Madeleine

Comment

But don't we all have something in our life we'd love to go back and redo?

Young Jack wanted go back to high school and re live his adolescent years. Jack was able to save him from death. Hmmm . . . high school or death? Let me think.

Young Jack said the air force "set him up." Does that mean he's living with a foster family? Living off the base? Won't he have to change his name? I'm sure there are a few Jack O'Neill's running around the USA, but really. Talk about your identity theft. Perhaps he'll go by John or Johnathan.

Just a few things to ponder. I like to nit pick.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

You forgot to mention a new social security number.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                But don't we all have something in our life we'd love to go back and redo?

Young Jack wanted go back to high school and re live his adolescent years. Jack was able to save him from death. Hmmm . . . high school or death? Let me think.

Young Jack said the air force "set him up." Does that mean he's living with a foster family? Living off the base? Won't he have to change his name? I'm sure there are a few Jack O'Neill's running around the USA, but really. Talk about your identity theft. Perhaps he'll go by John or Johnathan.
                Right now I don't have anything I want to go back and redo.

Get back on subject. I like what young Jack said about school. He knew they were similiar but the difference was that he wants to go back and redo high school.

Comment

Originally posted by luusyphre
                  So I just finished watching this episode and I agree that the kid did a fantastic job as Jack and that it was nice and entertaining and all, but what’s with the going back to high school bit. I understand that one would want to go back and learn the things one didn’t learn, but when little Jack was leaving the truck, he glanced over at the girls and I couldn’t help but think “you freking pedophile!” Jack’s supposed to be old, like 50, but he’s looking at those high school girls like they were produce. Just because he was in the body of a kid doesn’t justify him trolling for some young, high school action. I mean, what kind of message does that ending send to viewers? I think the writers and directors were trying to say that it would be great to go back and do things all over again, but what I got was, it’d be great to go back so we could prey on fresh young girls again. But then again, I can’t blame the writers for thinking that; I imagine that many of those who are of Jack’s age and those, including myself, who will eventually become Jack’s age, will have the same ideas pass through their minds at one time or another. But that’s not the point; the point is that the producers blatantly allowed such magnificently foul ideas seep onto theTV screen. It was kind of funny, but it was a little disturbing. I can’t help but to think that this episode gave viewers a little peek into the darker, nastier side of the minds of the writers. Albeit, very subtly.
                  You are SO overeacting! Come on! Does Jack really seem the type to go fooling around with a bunch of teenagers? Most probably he's gonna pick one and make her damn happy!
                  Come on! The guy is devoted! Most probably he's gonna crush for the teacher. Besides, he's a teenager now, so he has the memories of a 50 year old, Jack was always a bit childish (in a good way) and I know teenagers way more mature than him so, it's not really a question of mental age.
                  May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

This is their second best episode from this season. My family loves watching "mini me" trying to convince everyone that he is in fact Jack. Favorite line is probably

Jack: Daniel, tell them who I am.

Daniel: Ok. Love to. Who are you?

Lol! Pure gold!
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

First of, great acting by Michael. It's hard to act in a credible way, but to clone RDA's style of acting here is another thing.

One thing I would do different as mini-Jack there. I'd get the USAF to move me to another country, like Belgium where I live, where 16 is a legal age to drink beer ... I also want an occasional beer, that's why I ain't moving to the US 'til I'm at least 21.
                      Ok, different language, but Jack without beer for 5 more years, that's a suicide waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by luusyphre
                        So I just finished watching this episode and I agree that the kid did a fantastic job as Jack and that it was nice and entertaining and all, but what’s with the going back to high school bit. I understand that one would want to go back and learn the things one didn’t learn, but when little Jack was leaving the truck, he glanced over at the girls and I couldn’t help but think “you freking pedophile!” Jack’s supposed to be old, like 50, but he’s looking at those high school girls like they were produce. Just because he was in the body of a kid doesn’t justify him trolling for some young, high school action. I
                        So I guess my take on this was, yeah, it's Jack and yeah, he has all of Jack's experience, but he's still in a teenage body. Hello, hormones anyone? No matter how old he feels inside, he's still going to be treated like a fifteen year old. So what's he supposed to do, date middle-aged women? Just MHO...
                        Holy Frozen Bad Guys! O'Neill - Waterworld

Comment

Here's how I would have ended "Fragile Balance."

Alternate Ending

"Fragile Balance" occurs just as it does until we reach the scene where Thor states that he is not sure he can cure Young Jack. Here is where the fic diverges from canon...Instead of being able to cure Young Jack directly, Thor needs to create another clone to monitor it's growth so he can determine exactly what he need to do to cure Young Jack.

Thor: In order to stablize the adolescent O'Neill's genetic structure, I will need to use Loki's equipment to create another clone so that I can monitor it's development and isolate what gene sequences need to be repaired, and how to repair them.

O'Neill: Whoa! Hold on! You mean there's going to be two little me's running around!

Thor: If the procedure is successful, then yes, both of your clones will survive and live the average human life-span.

O'Neill: C'mon Thor, isn't there something else you could do, anything else...magnets?

Thor: Without a frame of reference it would be statistically impossible for me to know how to repair the flaw.

Young Jack: We're talking about my life here...

Sam: [interrupting] Thor, does the clone have to be of Colonel O'Neill?

Thor: What are you suggesting?

Sam: Clone me.

Both Jacks look up in surprise.

Sam: If you implant me with the same safeguard that you placed in Colonel O'Neill's genetic structure, and then cloned me, you should be able to use that information to save Colonel O'Neill's clone.

Thor: It is possible, though the individual is different, human genetic structure similar enough on a basic level that I should be able derive the necessary information from your clone, Major Carter.

Carter looks up at Jack with a soft, knowing smile, waiting for him to respond. Jack suppresses a similar but almost envious look on his face. Young Jack make little effort to hide the fact that he is pleased. Jack nods in approval.

Sam: Okay, let's get started.

Cut to van scene outside of the high school...this takes place much as it does in canon, but with Jack and Sam in the front seat, and Young Jack and Young Sam in the back.

Use your imagination for the farewell dialogue.

As Sam and Jack drive away, Young Sam and Young Jack look at each other and smile. To the same soft fade-out music they played at the end of "Lost City," we see Young Jack and Sam walk away.

Jack's hand slowly moves toward Sam's. Their fingertips find each other and then we fade to the credits.

Awwww...
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                            Here's how I would have ended "Fragile Balance."

Alternate Ending

"Fragile Balance" occurs just as it does until we reach the scene where Thor states that he is not sure he can cure Young Jack. Here is where the fic diverges from canon...Instead of being able to cure Young Jack directly, Thor needs to create another clone to monitor it's growth so he can determine exactly what he need to do to cure Young Jack.

Thor: In order to stablize the adolescent O'Neill's genetic structure, I will need to use Loki's equipment to create another clone so that I can monitor it's development and isolate what gene sequences need to be repaired, and how to repair them.

O'Neill: Whoa! Hold on! You mean there's going to be two little me's running around!

Thor: If the procedure is successful, then yes, both of your clones will survive and live the average human life-span.

O'Neill: C'mon Thor, isn't there something else you could do, anything else...magnets?

Thor: Without a frame of reference it would be statistically impossible for me to know how to repair the flaw.

Young Jack: We're talking about my life here...

Sam: [interrupting] Thor, does the clone have to be of Colonel O'Neill?

Thor: What are you suggesting?

Sam: Clone me.

Both Jacks look up in surprise.

Sam: If you implant me with the same safeguard that you placed in Colonel O'Neill's genetic structure, and then cloned me, you should be able to use that information to save Colonel O'Neill's clone.

Thor: It is possible, though the individual is different, human genetic structure similar enough on a basic level that I should be able derive the necessary information from your clone, Major Carter.

Carter looks up at Jack with a soft, knowing smile, waiting for him to respond. Jack suppresses a similar but almost envious look on his face. Young Jack make little effort to hide the fact that he is pleased. Jack nods in approval.

Sam: Okay, let's get started.

Cut to van scene outside of the high school...this takes place much as it does in canon, but with Jack and Sam in the front seat, and Young Jack and Young Sam in the back.

Use your imagination for the farewell dialogue.

As Sam and Jack drive away, Young Sam and Young Jack look at each other and smile. To the same soft fade-out music they played at the end of "Lost City," we see Young Jack and Sam walk away.

Jack's hand slowly moves toward Sam's. Their fingertips find each other and then we fade to the credits.

Awwww...

Master Power shall hate it, however, I LOVE it! But young Jack and Sam would still go through torture. They're not of legal age to marry! They shouldn't even be dating, there's only a week or two old!
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

O'Neill: You sure you want to do this? I mean...High School?

MiniJack: Yeah. From now on, you and me...we're two completely different people.

*Looks at MiniSam and smiles, he seems to hesitate to take her hand and decides not to. Yet*

MiniSam: And don't worry, I was an A student from the day I set foot in kindergarden.

O'Neill: You know what? I don't doubt it.

*Carter looks back at her clone and grins. You see in their eyes a kind of understanding.*

Carter: Take care of Johnny, don't let him get in trouble. *winks at MiniJack who's pensively staring at MiniSam. Jack looks in the rear view mirror and looks a bit jealous.*

MiniJack: Did you forget who gives the orders, Carter? I might not be a Colonel anymore, but I'm still the Alpha male.

Both Sams: Oh please! *roll eyes*

*Both clones get off*

*Sam and Jack look at each other, grinning as MiniJack puts his arm around MiniSam's shoulder. Then their looks turn melancholy as they think that there is only one Jack and Sam couple in this reality with a sure chance.*

Awwww...
                              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

HAHAHA, AWWWW, i Love BOTH versions! I've read fics involving a MiniSam who gets with MiniJack before. there's this one that was actually quite brilliant, and involved real Sam and Jack being matchmade by them... and Cassie...

Then there's the MILLIONS of mini Sg-1 fics from before FB. Aaaah, they should just make a bunch of little ones to run around! Try combining Sam and Jack's DNA to make the "advanced human" thing that Jack supossedly is. After all, each generation after him can only get better and better rite?
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X