No announcement yet.

Homecoming (702)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Jonas bowed out with a good storyline! Saving Daniel and taking the staff blast in his place was a great moment, a fitting end to an interesting chapter of tragedy and atonement. The scenes of Jonas and Daniel working together were well written and acted, a joy to watch.

Whilst it would have been good to see Jonas more often, I think his send off here was so well done I didn't feel that Jonas was being 'shoved off stage'!!!!

Getting more insight into the politics of Jonas' home world was good too, given that we didn't see that much of it I always felt we knew quite a lot about them for some reason. It will be revisited again on two occasions in Stargate episodes, so this groundwork in the 3 episodes we have seen so far seems to have given Jonas' home world a few more problems because of that pesky Naquadria!!!

Comment

This episode asks the question that has been bugging me for years. Do they get paid for this job?

This episode brings mixed feelings for me. It is a nice arc developing story and the action had me interested enough. On the other hand I am sad to see Jonas go. I liked him a lot more then Daniel and I was angry that his advanced genetic code was not explored more. That said it was an interesting episode in action of SG1 trying to thrawt Anubis on Kelowna althought the Kelowan double crossing and defecting Anubis was predictible to me. Besides that nothing stands out greatly as it was the standard battling Jaffa episode. One thing I like is the full circle from Merdian where Jonas saves Daniel's life.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

And there goes Jonas

I'm surprised by how much more I liked him this watch.

And there goes Anubis in his flying saucer. That certainly isn't the end of him though.
        sigpic

Comment

anybody know what O'Neill meant when he told Jonas "you earned it?" was he talking about his spot on SG-1?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            This episode asks the question that has been bugging me for years. Do they get paid for this job?
            Of course they get paid. Personnel salaries contribute to why it costs so much to run the program. Whether they have time to spend any of the money is a different question.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Bye Jonas. As many have said, they could have made a great 5-member team. They almost got Anubis this time

Comment

Welcome home, Jonas!

And apparently the Kolonans are still idiots. Especially that military leader, but Herak showed him the true nature of the Goa'uld and their loyal Jaffa. For once, I cheered for Herak, first prime of Anubis. He's gotten enough flack from Jack...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was just grateful that Jonas didn't end up replacing Daniel. I actually cried when Daniel died and ascended. SG1 is awesome.
                  sigpic

Comment

He was replacing Daniel before. And they could have easily made it a 5-man team.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      He was replacing Daniel before. And they could have easily made it a 5-man team.
                      I don't really see how Jonas could still be of any special use to SG-1 if Daniel came back since they both served the same purpose, but he could have been assigned to a different team (or stay on base and head up the archaeological/linguistic department or whatever) or something. Or Daniel could have just stayed away because it wasn't much of an improvement, especially in the later seasons...

*wonders what seasons 9 and 10 would have looked like with Jonas instead of Daniel...*
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

True.... so he really was just a place holder... sadly. Yet, a really good one. One that I loved very much, and missed dearly afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          For once, I cheered for Herak, first prime of Anubis. He's gotten enough flack from Jack...
                          Of the first primes, he did seem to be the more effective.

Comment

it's funny, you know i thought they were just going to shoehorn Jonas in but as i was re-watching Season six, Jack was right, Jonas did earn his place on sg-1, he may have started as a replacement for Daniel but he became his own person and he earned his place on SG-1. Much so than Mitchell and Vala. i think if Jonas stayed on through season eight, SG-1 would've still been a four-man team after Jack got promoted. Season 9 and Season 10 would probably have stayed the same but i think Jonas would've Probably left when the ori gated to langara.

Comment

I never cared for Jonas that much, and I didn't miss him when he left. But I missed Daniel A LOT. Nearly as much as Jack..
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post
                                I never cared for Jonas that much, and I didn't miss him when he left. But I missed Daniel A LOT. Nearly as much as Jack..
                                as our favorite colonel / general once said "To each his own...or her own."

Comment

Working...
                                X