No announcement yet.

Homecoming (702)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally got to see this ep last night and i enjoyed it.
    at the end when you said they did not send jonas off very well, it seemed okay to me. there was a look from o'neill that pretty much implied that jonas will be missed, considering that daniel finally got his memory back and he was glad to have daniel back. imo, they did that scene just fine the way it came out.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

Why did jonas leave!!!!

I just re watched this episode and it just doesn't make sense. Keep him on sg-1 or atleast on another team. I realize it was jonas's decision but why did he want to leave? He once said he thought he could do more good here on earth than he could on kelowna. What changed his mind?
      sigpic

Comment

Him being more welcome on Kelowna and that fact that he was the only Kelownan the other nations trusted.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

But still it seemed very quick and forced when he leaved not natural at all.
          sigpic

Comment

I loved the part during the fight scene where the Jaffa falls
            off the balcony after getting shot by O'Neill's P90!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
              Also every one complains that jonas' goodbyes dont show enough emotion but I think they're inline with their characters Daniel doesn't even know Jonas, Jack and Teal'c were doing ther stowic warrior stuff and sam was emotion 'n' all....
              I think they were all in line with their characters as well, although I do wish O'Neill would have given Jonas a bit more praise.

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
              Just wondering - does *anyone* like the Kellownans? Obviously Jonas had his fans, and I know Dean Stockwell did too. But are there any people who like The Kellownans in the same way that there are fans of Nox, Aschen etc? I found them horribly dull, I'm afraid. And I can't recall anyone ever posting anything good about them.
              I loved Jonas and thought he was an awesome replacement for Daniel, just cause he was instantly likeable (for me, anyway ). But the Kellownans, I have to admit, were never really that interesting to me and the only nice person that we met out of all of them seemed to be Jonas. The others were just fighting each other all the time.

Overall I thought the episode was pretty good, but I was very sad to see Jonas leave. Also, the last shot of Daniel standing in front of the Stargate was very nice.
              "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
              S/J all the way!
              Big Honkin' Resolution!
              sigpic
              John/Teyla Shipper!
              SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

I thought the Jonas character was interesting and worth keeping, it would have been perfect if he'd had stayed around and then became a member of Stargate Atlantis. Not that anyone on SGA sucks, but there's a few characters I could lose in place of Jonas.

Comment

I wish they could have kept Jonas on too. Everything was so rushed the way it was, and I think I would have liked it if Daniel's memory took longer to return. I think he had good chem with Jonas and they would have hit it off pretty well.

Plus it would have been interesting to see if Daniel gravitated toward him if his memories took a long time to return, because everyone else would have known how he was before and would be waiting for him to be back to normal. but Jonas didn't know him well and wouldn't have been expecting anything from him. It might have made Daniel more comfortable to not have to live up to others' expectations.

I didn't really see any problem with Jack's treatment of Jonas as he was leaving the SGC though. Seemed very Jack-like. Looking back though, the whole thing was so rushed it brought things down.

They should have expanded the Daniel-Jonas transition into an ongoing storyline and spent WAY less time on Sam's lovelife. It's like they suddenly decided they had to really dive into her relationships because she was a girl, yet there were so many other things they could have done, including working with this Daniel-Jonas dynamic.
                  sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

I liked the Sam-Jonas friendship dynamic that developed over the course of S6.

Comment

What ever happened to that cystral that contained the information on Naraqudria? You know the one on Jona's home planet.

Comment

I was very sad to see Jonas go. But at least they didn't kill him and he went out on a high note......showing himself to be the honourable man that he is. They could have kept his character on the show, at least as a recurring character like Jacob.

Comment

I too was sad to see Jonas leave after an entire season with series.

this may sounds silly, but I really wished Jonas had stayed with SGC, maybe let him go to Atlantis, I like his character

It would be cool to see him and Danial team up but hack thats probably out of the show's budget, lol.

It was really nice to see him and Danial work together.

The send off they gave him was as good as the character deserve.

But nevertheless, Season 7 opening is amazing

Comment

I just rewatched this episode today. It was good, but I really wish that Daniel coming back and then Jonas leaving had been done not in the same two episodes. Not sure what all constrictions they had, but it seems to me that the writers just fell into a bit of a mind trap: Daniel's back, so Jonas is leaving, and that is how we open the season. They may not have had the money to keep Jonas on a little longer, but I think that the character of Daniel deserved a stronger welcome back, and certainly Jonas (and Corin Nemec) deserved a more significant send off, as well.

I watched the commentary with Martin Wood and Michael Shanks, and Martin Wood was saying how he wished that they'd done two episodes to bring Daniel back and then two to send Jonas off. He didn't say why they didn't, but at least he acknowledges it was done too quickly.

For the constrictions they had and everything, it was well done. The acting is really great and as I watch it, I believe how everything happens. So at least they did well in the time they had.
                            sigpic
                            Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                            I'm a 60%er!
                            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                              I watched the commentary with Martin Wood and Michael Shanks, and Martin Wood was saying how he wished that they'd done two episodes to bring Daniel back and then two to send Jonas off. He didn't say why they didn't, but at least he acknowledges it was done too quickly.
                              I listened to the commentaries as well. Martin somewhat explained why they had to give up the lengthy welcome and goodbye. It is in order to keep the main story moving according to a schedule that they are following. The main story arc is about Anubis's latest attempt for power and the finding of the lost city.

Although, a good writer would have been able to incorporate these sub-plots into the main story arc throughout the entire season.

Martin was kinda making fun of Daniel's memory. Daniel's got problems remembering SG1 but he knows how to operate goauld computers and doors.

Comment

It was sad to see Jonas off so quickly, too. Just when he started to gain trust and confidence from Jack and the other team members he has to leave and go back to his chaotic home world. I really like him and I think there is much more to develop on Jonas' character.
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X