• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He rescued Jonas, and pretty successfully too

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

I think you're right. Overall, the mission was a good success despite how the Gou'ald reacted in part one. And Baal comes along to save the day.
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        so the ends justistify the means? Daniel wouldn't have had to rescue anybody at all if. He'd just shot that Jaffa thrice and allowed Jonas to get in the tube with him.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

I think there was a sufficient amount of Jaffa to overwhelm two individuals in an enclosed space.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
            I think there was a sufficient amount of Jaffa to overwhelm two individuals in an enclosed space.

Probably Anubis didn't want them gaining information on their top secret information so he sent a entire wave of them to do the job. Or it was just there was loads of jeffa in the area.
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
              Probably Anubis didn't want them gaining information on their top secret information so he sent a entire wave of them to do the job. Or it was just there was loads of jeffa in the area.
              Exactly, that's what I will do when I'm an evil galactic warlord.... I mean if I were....

It was funnier in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
                Exactly, that's what I will do when I'm an evil galactic warlord.... I mean if I were....

It was funnier in my head.

Yeah, well don' let it GET to your head!
                __

__

Comment

I will be pleased to see this episode finally on a normal TV screen, come Thursday at 10, when Space starts airing S7. The only downside will be waiting the week for Homecoming....

Comment

i personally think stargate is just kinda a subtle parody of all the other sci-fi shows, which keeps it real...i mean...sometimes they just cant take themselves seriously ya know? and yeah, that whole scene was star wars like...but i think it was meant to be...even if lame...though i dunno...they did a very cheap rip off of that scene...but it was just too funny...

but if anubis is darth vader, who's the emperor?

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Is it just me or was everyone a bit snarky in this episode? I mean for the Big Reunion I was expecting more hugs and happy togetherness, or else some good quality angsting, not just snottiness. OK, sure, they have to save the galaxy, and that's a lot of pressure, but they've done that before and still managed to work in some nice team moments. Where were they?

I gotta give Rick and Amanda props for at least one scene, though. Especially Rick. The looks on their faces when they see Daniel again for the first time nearly made me cry. Notice the little break in Jack's voice when he says Daniel's name and the hurt look on Sam's face when Daniel pushes her hand away. If only the rest of the episode had maintained the same degree of emotional resonance. *sigh*

Plus, my TV signal got bad towards the end and ruined all the cool space battle scenes with static.
                      Sam & Jack 'Ship...

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                        i personally think stargate is just kinda a subtle parody of all the other sci-fi shows, which keeps it real...i mean...sometimes they just cant take themselves seriously ya know? and yeah, that whole scene was star wars like...but i think it was meant to be...even if lame...though i dunno...they did a very cheap rip off of that scene...but it was just too funny...

but if anubis is darth vader, who's the emperor?
                        Apophisis! He's still alive and secretly pulling the strings!
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterelle
                          I was incredibly disappointed with how they dealt with Daniel coming back and descending. I mean, did they show an entire 5 minutes of him dealing with all the stuff or was it less? His amnesia should've lasted longer, IMHO, and the consequences should be dealt with more in depth.
                          Ditto. I did like it over all.

Comment

I liked this episode, but I didn't like the fact that the villagers called the Stargate the Chappa'i. That is what the people on (former) Goa'uld occupied worlds call it, but this was taken from the Ancient gate address list, so these people could not have been brought there by the Goa'uld. And they couldn't have come from a former Goa'uld occupied world, becuase in order to do so, they would have needed the gate address.
                            Rocky

Comment

Ummm, Daniel got his memory back very quickly, didn't he? IMO, they should've dealt with his amnesia and the emotional reprecussions of it. After he learns that Sha're is dead, he reflects on it for, what, one whole minute, before he says I loved her very much and puts the picture face down on the table. I wanted to slap him. He just learned that his wife was dead and that's all the emotion we get. WTF? MS is capable of much more than that.

He came back to the SGC and almost immediately went back to work. How is he ready for missions when he barely knows who he is?

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Got my season 7 DVDs and watched this episode again. Agree that the Daniel memory thing was glossed over.... The battle (AKA Star Wars pastiche) felt more cheesy than exciting to me, although some of the effects were cool.

Is it just me or did RDA seem like he wasn't into the Star Wars references? He was really deadpan on those particular lines.
                                Fitness Buddies

Comment

Working...
                                X