Unnatural Selection (612)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
    I always felt Jack made the right decision, and never really questioned it, Fifth was a machine, who made himself look like a human - not a human, who was part of a group focused on destroying them all. He may have had a more moral side to him than the others, but he's still the enemy and he could turn any minute much like Reece did.

At this time, SG1 didn't know how the replicators worked or were "programmed" they couldn't risk compromising Earth. I'm surprised Sam allowed herself to be as emotionally involved as she did. It's who she is, and what makes her a good character on the show. For all we know Fifth could have been playing her, using her emotional side to get in. He and the the others did probe their brains, it could have been a tactical advantage. I'm also surprised, that by working for Jack as long as she has, she can still be shocked by his decisions he makes. In my opinion, leaving Fifth behind was a far better fate than what would have happened if they brought him back to earth.

All in all a good episode.
    So because Fifth is not human and is a form of life that is different from us he doesn't have rights? And you can't blame Fifth alone for the actions of the other Replicators. Thats like how in the 40s we blamed all the Japanese for the actions of Pearl Harbor
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      So because Fifth is not human and is a form of life that is different from us he doesn't have rights? And you can't blame Fifth alone for the actions of the other Replicators. Thats like how in the 40s we blamed all the Japanese for the actions of Pearl Harbor
      Pearl Harbour dealt with humans not machines, Fifth was a machine. He wasn't a life form. He was a program - like a robot. There is no comparison there.
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

So just because they are different then us that means that means they don't have rights?
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Again they are machines. Like a computer or a coffee maker. I'm not going to compare the rights I'd give a human, to a machine.
          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

A computer or a coffee maker is not sentient and is unable to think for themselves
            Jelgate is right

Comment

A computer certainly can think for itself, within its programming. So can modern washing machines and televisions. Should they have rights? What about the autopilot on the aeroplanes you travel on?
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

The key is the program. The program of a computer does what we tell it do not make its own decision of think for itself of what is right or wrong like Fifth
                Jelgate is right

Comment

They can't procreate, only create/build and replicate.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh great the human form replicators! I hate them! I like the original form better. Much more menacing.

I think Jack made the right decision in leaving 5th behind.

I do understand where jelgate is coming from though.

EDIT: Oh and Teal'cs reaction to Jack trying to eat his ice cream was hilarious
                    Last edited by Lieutenant Sparrow; 06 February 2012, 04:34 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.
                      RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

I enjoyed this one,

"Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise"
                        "Why not?"

Priceless. And also you gotta love the ice-cream scene

The actor playing the first was awesome. Where have I seen him before? WAIT: "Twin Peaks" OFC

The ending was also above average even though Sam had to lie to the fifth. I bet he will seek out revenge (in a few hundred years perhaps) ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                          I enjoyed this one,

"Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise"
                          "Why not?"

Priceless. And also you gotta love the ice-cream scene

The actor playing the first was awesome. Where have I seen him before? WAIT: "Twin Peaks" OFC

The ending was also above average even though Sam had to lie to the fifth. I bet he will seek out revenge (in a few hundred years perhaps) ...
                          You won't have to wait that long...
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            You won't have to wait that long...
                            Cool - looking forward. Thanks

Comment

I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I love the human-form replicators
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
                                I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I love the human-form replicators
                                Yes me too

Comment

Working...
                                X