No announcement yet.

Redemption, Part 2 (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got tired of waiting for FH. Also im skipping part 1. I find a hard time separating the two parts. The whole episode fliws like a TV movie. It's also better than Stargate Continuum. I really like the episode balances out so everyone gets something to help save the planet. Even Tewlc. I guess the random insertion of Anubis is stange and I thought their should have been more Jonas. Im calling it an excellent
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I totally agree with you!

Comment

This is one of my favorites (not skipping part 1, but treating 1 & 2 as a single episode) because for once they let Jack be funny and competent.

I will also post (for the third time) a picture of the real thing: 747 with a Phantom Ray. Just because I think it looks so cool, and because the FX folks in Stargate came so close to getting it right.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I got tired of waiting for FH.
          Because yours truly was on vacation -- the Scottish highlands and coast, and infamous Loch Ness, though no sight of Nessie anywhere. And cool weather, no melting. And Pictish forts and stones, and medieval Jacobite castles, and battlefields, and York (you know, one half of the War of the Roses -- the white one in this case -- Lancaster is the red one, which we passed on our way up to Scotland).

Also im skipping part 1. I find a hard time separating the two parts. The whole episode fliws like a TV movie.
          I watched both one after the other -- does make it hard to review them as two separate episodes. I apologize in advance if they mingle in the quiz.
          Also, according to Robert Cooper in the Companion, Redemption was never intended as a two-part episode but the script was too long and then Brad discovered a genormous plothole in the middle so they rewrote it into a two-parter instead.

The spinning intro is still there --- this does not bode well for the rest of the season. I initially thought this was going to be the season where I would get an intro with all the characters but alas... not yet... or possibly wrong season. Although I do remember there was a different intro on the downloads (yes, I pirated SG-1 when it aired in the US).

Anyway... part 2 continues with the troubles of part 1: Anubis is using our gate as a weapon, Teal'c and Bra'tac and Rya'c are trying to save the Tau'ri from Anubis' end of the wormhole, and Jonas is still being ignored while Carter has to find a way to work together with McKay and not be creeped out by his behavior. -- hashtagmetoo

It's quite action packed and the tension to counter Anubis' assault is rising. It puts everyone on edge but I so love it when Jonas is standing on the ramp and he's wondering how they got the gate inside, and Carter tells him and her eyes lit up and all he does is smile. Good boy, Jonas!

Why oh why didn't we think of this sooner... oh wait, we'd only have had one episode and no action-packed two-parter. I mean, Rya'c killing it in that glider. Don't underestimate the boy, Teal'c.

And Jonas gets to joing SG-1 (so that there isn't room for a Russian officer but meh... details)

How would you rate SG-1's "Redemption, Part 2?"

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Im on vacation to. I opted to just stay home and do nothing. Well as much as the dogs let me
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Im on vacation to. I opted to just stay home and do nothing. Well as much as the dogs let me
              I'm home now... until next week wednesday. Thursday is back to work day -- unfortunately.

Comment

Ive only got two more days left. Maybe I should be sick on Sunday
                Jelgate is right

Comment

3-episode quiz: Redemption I, Redemption II & Descent

Jigsaw puzzle: Redemption, part II

Comment

I would love to go to Scotland one day! It sounds like you had a great time, FH!

7:26
                    Last edited by BethHG; 09 August 2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                        I would love to go to Scotland one day! It sounds like you had a great time, FH!
                        We had a blast.

Comment

I'll note for the record that York is not in Scotland.

I've been to York a lot as a relative by marriage lives there. I love walking the walls.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                            I'll note for the record that York is not in Scotland.
                            Well no, it was our stop on the way down back to London. Lancaster being the stop on the way up to Scotland.

We did a brief walk on the wall, on our way back to our B&B and the car still parked there.

Comment

If Who Knows beats me, I'm leaving

*later*

4 minutes 48 seconds
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Who knows had a time of 8:53

Comment

Working...
                                X