No announcement yet.

Redemption, Part 2 (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it wasn't a weapon and that's just a secondary purpose. It's main function would have had to be something biiiig though; it might have been designed for some sort of planetary engineering a la the Aschen's trick of turning gas giants into suns.

Madeleine

Comment

This was a very good close to the season opener two parter. A lot of action and story. So now the SGC has the Giza Starate again!

Comment

Yeah. Now if only they didn't have to rent it...
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

This is one of the better episodes of this season. I really like Jonas and McKay in this episode and the 'B' story about Teal'c & son is great.
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

In a season of some terrible episodes, one or two average ones and some great episodes...this is one of the better ones. We get to learn that little bit more of the ancients, learn of our new resident bad guy anubis, and we get some pretty good team interaction. IMHO a highlight of S6.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
              The first part of the episode is hilarious! I kinda feel sorry for all the new people that have been rejected by O'Niell. I think it's funny to see how Carter acts so angry at Jonas in the beginning, especially when she keeps reminding him the the General ordered her to help him out.
              On the DVD there's either a commentary or a documentary on that episode someone mentions that the reason Carter blows hot and cold on Jonas in this ep was because they weren't sure whether they wanted her to like him or resent him for Daniel's death at this point, so they filmed most of the scenes with the two of them both ways. Unfortunately when it was cut together, they ended up using some of the "liking" scenes and some of the "resenting" scenes instead of choosing one or the other.
              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Ahh really i didnt know that thankss ... green for you!!!

Anyway A great end to the two parter start of Season 6 looking good for another year!!

Comment

Nice two parter that has a couple of different story threads. From sam and rodders trying to stop gate exploding to teal'c and his son doing the same thing from the other end.
                  I liked anubis's melodramatic gloating it almost makes jacks day to here it! And the way jonas gives out suggestions in an understated way is great I think his character is quite good and gets better through the season,its nice to see daniel again but jonas is slowly written in to the season and has his own special position on SG1.
                  As for the ancients weapon, that is HUGE and fairly pointless for it's size, I'm presuming the ancients had another use for it!
                  And lastly teal'c and his son had a good connection on screen it was nice to see teal'c being something other than stoney faced. Ry'ac was played well and was a good character!

Comment

loved this episode just as much as the first part....seeing as how I view it as one long episode

Comment

Just watched this again since I have just brought S6 on DVD. I love this episode, it's a fantastic introduction to Jonas and it's a shame he was just snobbed off.

Loved the story and the fact that it couldnt just be fixed.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Godd season opener and a very cool two-parter. I wonder if Anubis would try to attack Earth with ships now since his Stargate weapon was destroyed and Agard is not a threat for his new shielded ships anymore. I like the way they jettisoned the gate to space and Ra'yak's death glider attack on Stargate weapon.

By the way if there is anyone here who watches Battlestar Galactica ; you shall recognize chief of Galactica flight deck ( Aaron Douglas ) as Jaffa leader who captured and interrogated Teal'c

Comment

Really liked this two-parter as well. McKay was as annoying in this as he was in the first episode he appeared in. (In the earlier episode - when he tells Carter he has always been attracted to dumb blondes. My jaw dropped. "Oh no he di'int!") His apology to Carter sorta softened me up. But Carter's line to him at the end about being more attracted to him when she hated him - I don't buy that. It was funny and I liked the reaction it produced, but I think Carter has better taste!!!

Question - I know that the Russian Colonel (?) talked about renting the gate to the Americans, but for some reason the way I heard General Hammond at the end, I thought the deal that was worked out meant one large payment of money. And they had to turn over the plans for the X302 and argree to having a Russian join the SGC on missions. I guess I should go back and watch it. Maybe my ears are playing tricks on me. Basically because I don't think the USA should be renting the gate indefinitely!!!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                            Question - I know that the Russian Colonel (?) talked about renting the gate to the Americans, but for some reason the way I heard General Hammond at the end, I thought the deal that was worked out meant one large payment of money. And they had to turn over the plans for the X302 and argree to having a Russian join the SGC on missions. I guess I should go back and watch it. Maybe my ears are playing tricks on me. Basically because I don't think the USA should be renting the gate indefinitely!!!
                            Carter asked Hammond what they had to do to get the gate. Hammond said something like "Good 'ole American dollars, Major". Not sure if he means they pay it as a rent or if they have actually bought the gate from the Russians.

Comment

Carter asked Hammond what they had to do to get the gate. Hammond said something like "Good 'ole American dollars, Major". Not sure if he means they pay it as a rent or if they have actually bought the gate from the Russians.
                              You are right. It isn't absolutely clear in this episode, but they make it clear in a later episode. I guess most people heard this line and figured the US was renting the gate (since that was a suggestion made by the Russian liaison) while I took it to mean it was bought outright.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I liked this episode, and part one before it. A good start to season six methinks.

I really like Jonas now so far, and I hope that Carter and O'Neill warm up to him more during the season. All the scenes with Jack flying the X-302 (I think that's what it was anyway?) were great, and the Sam/Rodney scenes were fun. I fail to believe though that she ever found Rodney attractive. He's so annoying!

One thing that bothered me, was when the Stargate was destroyed in space, and the events leading up to it, nobody mentioned the fact that Teal'c was off-world, not to mention the other SG teams that were off-world. They got a brief mention from Hammond when it seemed the Stargate programme was done forever, but I thought more scenes before this would of showed the team at SG Command being a bit more concerned for Teal'c, but oh well. Maybe they got cut out.
                                "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Working...
                                X