No announcement yet.

Redemption, Part 2 (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its funny to see Hammond speaking about the X-303 plans when they only show us Prometheus several episodes later.

Comment

I just watched this again, and I have two questions:

What changed from their closing up the Stargate program, to, it seemed, getting the new stargate the next day (weren't the terms the same the day before??).

How did Ryack get hold of a death glider? ...and did he just ring Teal'c and Bratac up to his ship and then to the cargo ship???

I'm sorry, I hope these questions aren't stupid and confusing.

Comment

Well, it's not like this all shown in chronological order. Sometimes we can jump a few days into the future when skipping to a new scene.

To answer your questions:
        Ryac took one from a nearby Jaffa camp- it didn't just materialize out of thin air. Now when you see Ryac ringing them aboard (I think this is how it happens, need to watch the ep again to be sure), I'm dead sure the pilot of the ship picked him up after the crash, then when picking up Teal'c and Bratac, Ryac operated the rings so the pilot didn't have to.

Comment

Thanks for your answer... I get it about the cargo ship.

I guess the new stargate could have been incorporated in a smoother way...

Comment

The Russians offered to make their stargate available - to be used from Russia - but it was decided that since, as far as the everyone knew, Anubis could try again with his weapon they couldn't take the risk of using it. Once they found out that the weapon had been destroyed they opened up for business, and managed to get the Russians to agree to loan the stargate by offering good old-fashion dollars.

Comment

Well, I'm new and have only recently started watching. Just got up to this brilliant two parter (the best so far imo). Anubis looks like he's gonna be a HUGE threat!

Also, I saw another thread asking if there were any other BSG actors in Stargate after Season 5s Proving Ground. Well yes, this episode! Aaron Douglass (The Chief in BSG) plays the head Jaffa on the world Teal'c and Bre'tac are on (the guy who interogates them).

So far I have been highly impressed by the series, and it only keeps on getting better. Shmae about Daniel though, I'll bet he'll be back.

Comment

just saw it again...
                loved that episode. sadly mccay was not in many more episodes in sg1....
                i just love him.
                sigpic

Comment

I love how smart Jonas is and yet at the same time he isn't cocky about it at all. I did think it was kind of weird that none of the people in that room had thought about taking it out of the mountain. Though I suppose the element of time comes into play, they did have to wait until it was slightly more desperate circumstances (The 3 2 1 paradox I suppose). Great episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by desert fox View Post
                    Godd season opener and a very cool two-parter. I wonder if Anubis would try to attack Earth with ships now since his Stargate weapon was destroyed and Agard is not a threat for his new shielded ships anymore. I like the way they jettisoned the gate to space and Ra'yak's death glider attack on Stargate weapon.

By the way if there is anyone here who watches Battlestar Galactica ; you shall recognize chief of Galactica flight deck ( Aaron Douglas ) as Jaffa leader who captured and interrogated Teal'c
                    Aaron Douglas has been in SG-1 prior to redemption part 2
                    He played another jaffa called Moac (bra'tac made it sound like his name was mark which i thought was odd for a jaffa) in maternal instinct he was injured when apophis attacked chulak he died
                    shortly afterwards in the SGC infirmary

Maternal Instinct

Redemption part 2

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                      I love how smart Jonas is and yet at the same time he isn't cocky about it at all. I did think it was kind of weird that none of the people in that room had thought about taking it out of the mountain. Though I suppose the element of time comes into play, they did have to wait until it was slightly more desperate circumstances (The 3 2 1 paradox I suppose). Great episode.
                      I agree about Jonas. I didn't think about taking the gate out too until Jonas pointed it out. This is another great season opener. How many gates have they destroyed so far?

Jack may be limping, but he still kicks ass. And I love that the idea came from him about jumping to hyperspace while the x-302 was carrying the gate. I love it whenever Jack drops the dumb act. And seems to only do it in life and death situations.

Comment

I just watched this episode and I thought it was pretty good. I thought Ray' ak (sp?) was going to die...
                        Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by omnian View Post
                          I wonder where Colonel Chekov (?) went after Season 6....I miss him

If he HAS shown up then my memory is worse than I thought
                          No worries, he comes back, as the commander of the ill fated Korolev. No worries, I liked Chekov too.

Comment

Go jonas!

Comment

Jonas did good in this ep. But Teal'c, Ryac and Bratac stole the show.
                              Some say that he has only one ear.
                              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                              All we know is he's called
                              sigpic

Comment

Great 2-parter to start S6, shame Anubis wasn't in part 2 though. Love the banter between Carter and McKay,and though Jonas was only in this Season I didn't really mind the character.

Comment

Working...
                                X