No announcement yet.

Meridian (521)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode shows jacks dedication to his team so well. Jack realy shines in this episode. Even though it is daniel doing all the shining.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
      This episode needed a Kleenex warning.

Lisa Michelle

Just finished watching it...I can't believe the next season (for me) would be Danieless

www.claudiablacknews.com

Comment

Originally posted by FooledAgain

Just finished watching it...I can't believe the next season (for me) would be Danieless
        I just watched it today as well.....*sniff, sniff*. Great episode.

Comment

Ya its to bad he died but it was a good death.
          sigpic

Comment

Are you quoting the good death line from the movie "the last sumarai"??

Comment

no
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonis
                I have two thoughts about this episode.

1. I thought that it was great to see Jack share his emotions to daniel. I thought that RDA pulled this scene off so well. Sam however I think acted out of character. For some reason I didnt buy her reaction.

2. The good aside I actually find the whole idea (on the show) of ascention offending. Its clearly a rip from a very popular religion in the US and I think its done very poorly. While I didnt see maliace towards the concept, its still I believe disrespectfull.

I know its a TV show and this is what they do, but for me this show was just about perfect until this and other ascension episodes. It was great drama and comedy, but now its something less. From here on I think I will avoid all further episodes that concern ascension. I just hope they dont revisit the topic.

Does this episode offend me due to my religion. Yes
                Does it make me question it or feel like what I believe is wrong. NO
                You're a lunatic.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                  How would you expect him to be surprised, when he's waiting for his best friend to die? They all knew Daniel didn't have much time.

I believe due to his grief, Jack didn't care, which is why he didn't look suprised.

Now, would be suprised, if you were in Jack's shoe's in that epsoide?
                  They're talking about the part where Daniel pulls him into his vision w/ Oma. He's just like: "Oh, hey Daniel, you want something?"
                  Theoretically spoilerish:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan
                    You're a lunatic.
                    He is more then that!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved the episode it's still one of my many favorite episodes of the show...... I cried alot everytime I see this episode.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                      Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                      http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel View Post
                        Omala is so cool and insightful in this episode. It was kinda a good thing that Daniel died, it opened the team up to so much more. Also, it showed a very sensative side to Jack, which we don't see to often.
                        True dat. My only gripe with how jack was, is it seemed to me, he 'gave in' to daniels request too easy. He also did not show any 'feeling' on his face that i could tell when he did so, unlike the others, especially sam and frasier..
                        And i loved sams "why do we wait to tell the people" line when it was 'her turn; to console daniel.

Originally posted by Liv View Post
                        The first time I watched Meridian I was surprised at how emotional my reaction to it was. I cried, and I really didn´t expect to, even though Daniel is my favourite and I knew I would miss him with all my heart, but even so I was kind of floored by how heavily I reacted to it. The thing that made me lose it, is when he shoots at the window and then throws himself through it. That just broke my heart. Which is, I guess, kind of strange, because of all the things in the episode that were sad, that one is not the most conventional sad scene. But it was just such a quintessential trait of the character. Never mind what the consequences would be to himself, that´s just the kind of person he is - risking his own life to save others. So, then I sobbed for a while and managed to stop until the last scene with Jack saying goodbye and then I lost it again.

In conclusion: loved the episode, even though it turned me into a pathetic wreck. But that´s what good tv is all about, I guess.
                        There are few times, i actually get so ;emotional i cry' with tv shows (that one episode of quantum leap where sam is in the insane asylum and continually 'jumps between his prior leeps personalities',is one of the other times i get that bad); but this one, the first time i saw it, i was so balling my eyes out, with sadness.... then when he ascended, i was overjoyed so much, i cried even more.

and the scene where Teal'c says goodbye just had me in tears! Chris was amazing and I would say Micheal too but i sorta couldn't see his face because of the whole-
                        Agred. I especially loved it how it almost looked like teal'c was going to break down in tears, when he was saying
                        "i believe the fight against the Gou'ald has lost one of its greatest warriors, and i one of my greatest friends..'

Originally Posted by DigiFluid
                        For me, the single most poignant moment of the whole episode was Jack's line right near the end, in the medlab...

"Jacob... stop"

It was just so well delivered, and so heartwrenchingly honest somehow.
                        Heck that entire part, where jacob asks jack if he is sure, and you are barely able to hear the response of
                        "its what he wants", and the looks exchanged between jacob and the doc.. priceless'

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                        Are you quoting the good death line from the movie "the last sumarai"??
                        No, but it was also 'fitting'..

Comment

This episode is traumatizing!!! Poor, poor sweet Daniel (my favorite character).
                          Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Comment

Originally posted by newbiegater View Post
                            This episode is traumatizing!!! Poor, poor sweet Daniel (my favorite character).
                            And it just gets better and better with each viewing.

Comment

I recently watched this episode for the 3rd time[I am writing trivia questions for a stargate group on msn - assistant manager]. Tears welled up in my eyes once again a few times. 1. When Sam speaks with Daniel. 2. When Daniel has tears in his eyes at the end. 3. When Teal'c is speaking with Daniel. Plus 1 or 2 more scenes.

This episode is one I would recommend all peole to watch... over and over again. Such an emotional gripping episode.

Don't Worry About The World Ending. It Is Already Tomorrow In Australia.

Comment

Fantastic episode. Stargate team the way it should be done.
                                Its amazing how I can know whats going to happen and I can know whats going to happen in the future with the character and yet still "feel" his impending death. The way Daniel describes whats going to happen to him the way all the team react. Even the subtle reactions from Hammond and Frasier. Its just something special.

Jonas started a little stiff....but I think it may have been the clothes .... and the fact he hasnt gotten to eat any earth food yet . He did the right thing in the end.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X