No announcement yet.

Meridian (521)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was good the way he was removed from the show, but people knew about the future in a matter of weeks!
    __

__

Comment

At least he died in an act of bravery.

Comment

I guess you're right, but a little too soon!
        __

__

Comment

Shanks' portrayal of Daniel is different now. More cocky, perhaps?
          Note my small and unobtrusive signature.
          You can bet I'm not compensating for anything.

Comment

Maybe hes more comfortable with playing Daniel now, but i guess your right, he has changed a little bit.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

He has been playing the character for 8-9 years. You kinda would expect it.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

The first time I watched Meridian I was surprised at how emotional my reaction to it was. I cried, and I really didn´t expect to, even though Daniel is my favourite and I knew I would miss him with all my heart, but even so I was kind of floored by how heavily I reacted to it. The thing that made me lose it, is when he shoots at the window and then throws himself through it. That just broke my heart. Which is, I guess, kind of strange, because of all the things in the episode that were sad, that one is not the most conventional sad scene. But it was just such a quintessential trait of the character. Never mind what the consequences would be to himself, that´s just the kind of person he is - risking his own life to save others. So, then I sobbed for a while and managed to stop until the last scene with Jack saying goodbye and then I lost it again.

In conclusion: loved the episode, even though it turned me into a pathetic wreck. But that´s what good tv is all about, I guess.
                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I have two thoughts about this episode.

1. I thought that it was great to see Jack share his emotions to daniel. I thought that RDA pulled this scene off so well. Sam however I think acted out of character. For some reason I didnt buy her reaction.

2. The good aside I actually find the whole idea (on the show) of ascention offending. Its clearly a rip from a very popular religion in the US and I think its done very poorly. While I didnt see maliace towards the concept, its still I believe disrespectfull.

I know its a TV show and this is what they do, but for me this show was just about perfect until this and other ascension episodes. It was great drama and comedy, but now its something less. From here on I think I will avoid all further episodes that concern ascension. I just hope they dont revisit the topic.

Does this episode offend me due to my religion. Yes
                  Does it make me question it or feel like what I believe is wrong. NO

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonis
                    1. I thought that it was great to see Jack share his emotions to daniel. I thought that RDA pulled this scene off so well. Sam however I think acted out of character. For some reason I didnt buy her reaction.

I think you're right. Jack certainly showed his emotions with Daniel, which I am glad he did, since they're meant to be best pals.
                    __

__

Comment

OK, coming in to comment on this episode now since it was reaired by SciFi last week....First I think this episode was done very well in all aspects, the 'look', the story, the character development, and espically the acting....
                      I will admit that this was the first time I was able to see the episode, but new very well was the end would be....and Daniel being my favorite character I wasn't sure how I would react to this episode....I will admit that I did become emotion, which is a little embarrassing as it is only a TV show, but I gues that just goes to show you how much these charactered grow on you and the way the show has developed to the point where at least this viewer truly cares for the characters.

I thought the scene between Jack and Daniel (RDA/MS) showed just who close those two characters have become, they are best friend, they are family. Daniels choice to go to Jack was I think because of there relationship and the fact that he knew that of everyone on the team Jack would be the one that would need to understand the loss better (Daniel understanding how Charlies death effected Jack) Daniel was able to reassure Jack that he would be OK and he could trust that Jack would see to it that his wishes were followed. The emotion acted out by both men in all of there scenes was just plain excellent acting.

Now....I do have one question here that maybe someone can address...(please keep in mind that I have many holes in my viewing....so this could have been address in an episode I have yet to see...) but at one point when Jack is talking to Gen. Hammond about possible ways to help Daniel he say that have a line on the location of a sarcophagus but Gen Hammond says it to guarded or something...what I'm wondering is shouldn't the SGC have one in their possision? What happened to Hathor's sarcophagus that was sent to the SGC just prior to her showing up? Wouldn't they have kept it to study it, or do something happen to it in another episode or it this just one of those thing that it was 5 years ago and the writers forgot they had one?

Comment

Hathor's got destroyed at the end of Hathor. I think Teal'c shot it or something. I expect that sarcs are the usual sleeping place of the goa'uld who owns them, and as such would be guarded pretty heavilly.

Madeleine

Comment

Teal'c didn't shoot it, remember, Hathor used her ribbon device to repulse O'Neill as he was waking up, and it hit the sarcophagus causing it spark and all and then blow up.
                          "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                          http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarden
                            Teal'c didn't shoot it, remember, Hathor used her ribbon device to repulse O'Neill as he was waking up, and it hit the sarcophagus causing it spark and all and then blow up.

Quite right, it was O'Neill and Carter that teamed up against them!
                            __

__

Comment

I'll have to rewatch the end of Hathor, I have no memory of it being hit....

Comment

So why did Michael Shanks leave the show/get fired/whatever? I'm a little out of it.

Great episode though.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X