No announcement yet.

Meridian (521)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got to admit i'm not one for crying when i waych a program or film, but this whole ep had me on the brink of tears. i thought all the actors where fantastic.
    sigpic

Comment

Sad episode for the Stargate series =\, But atleast they have the Nequadria, now they can experiment with hyper space tech.

Spoiler:
      Daniel comes back at the beginning of S.7

Comment

Sad episode for the Stargate series =\, But atleast they have the Nequadria, now they can experiment with hyper space tech.
        Er,
        Spoiler:
        not so much... Keep watching.
        There's more to be seen

Re: Meridian: Imagine how awful and sad this was when we thought it was forever. The acting was really great; I still cry like a baby when I watch it.

Comment

the best episode of season 5, jonas' hair cut in this episode is hillarious though it makes me laugh.

Comment

A sad episode, especially when seeing Daniel lying on the bed with bandages wrapped all around and helplessly waiting for his death. I was touched by the words that Jack told Daniel about his admiration to him. I think it's not easy for men to express his feeling to his co-worker and subordinate, Jack really did a great job!
            sigpic
            Sign by me

Comment

great episode! so sad, expecially the scenes when jack sam and teal'c say goodbye to daniel and they recognize how he has been so important for them and for the whole stargate program.
              I also liked how peacefully daniel talks about his imminent death, without regrets and trying to calm the others
              sigpic
              Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Originally posted by PrioroftheOri View Post
                Great ep! carter should really practice with that healing device so she doesnt always have to call daddy to use the fancy goa'uld tech. i am looking forward to s6 so i can make fun of jonas*giggles*
                The thing I didn't get about her failing with the healing device is that she successfully used it to heal Chronus when he was attacked and near death.

Comment

I watched this episode for the first time today , and I was really upset in the beginning when I understood Daniel was going to die.

But I know he will return later so thats good to know.

Great acting by everyone , one of the best I've seen so far.
                  The scene between Jack and Daniel was very emotional, and when Jack told Jacob to stop the healing.

Looking forward to watch season 6 now, it will be very different without Daniel.

Rating : 9 / 10

Comment

Daniel dying take 1. Nice to see Jack has a bit of a sensitive side.
                    Some say that he has only one ear.
                    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                    All we know is he's called
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                      Daniel dying take 1. Nice to see Jack has a bit of a sensitive side.
                      More like Take 6.

1. "Stargate" the Movie (actually dead; revived by Sarcophagus)
                      2. "Children of the Gods" (assumed dead)
                      3. "The Nox" (actually dead; revived by the Nox)
                      4. "Fire and Water" (assumed dead)
                      5. "The Serpent's Lair" (assumed dead)

That's not even mentioning Daniel dying in "2010", and robot Daniel dying in "Double Jeopardy".
                      Plus AU Daniel dying off-screen in "There but for the Grace of God" and "Point of View".
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

A very well made episode with some quite sad moments. Excellent acting from the main cast helped the emotional impact, without that the episode would not have had the intended effect.

Comment

this episode always makes me cry i did like that we got to see jacks soft side and see how much jacks friendship with danial means to him that he is willing to let danial go. this is my fave episode and i watch it alot

10/10
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm a fairly recent StarGate devotee. The show was recommended to me by a friend, and through the past few months I've become thoroughly hooked on the show. I've seen tons of fantastic episodes, but I've never been so moved as to come and comment on one directly until now. I've always been a little bit of a wuss when it comes to well-written emotional content, but I'm not the least bit ashamed to say that this episode had me in tears almost the whole way through. When Jack told Jacob to stop, I had to close my eyes, and I missed the rest of that scene. I just couldn't watch anymore. This is a true testament to the power of art, and to just how amazing this show, originally little more than a showtime timeslot based on a mediocre movie with some tits thrown in for good measure, had become.

Rest in Peace, Daniel. Door's open when you're ready to come home.
                            "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
                            "Who doesn't?"

Comment

i love this episode even tho it makes me extremely sad every time i watch it.
                              sigpic

Comment

When I've seen Meridian for the first time I had no idea that Daniel Jackson will come back in season 7 so I was like "No..it can't be..he can't die" .
                                and then I was angry on Jonas for the whole season 6 (probably sharing O'Neill fellings from the beginning of season 6). Until I finally got to season 7 and I was thrilled to see Daniel again.

I do think Meridian is a great episode which has a powerfull emotional implication. And I think it's wonderful seeing the team coming to Daniel's bed and saying all the things they didn't had the courage to say until then, all the things left unspoken. And there's Carter with that line:
                                "God, I don't know why we wait to tell people how we really feel..:|:|:|..I guess I thought you always knew"
                                And of course, not to mention, that in this episode the friendship between Jack and Daniel reaches it's highest stage

So for these and many other reasons I love Meridian

Comment

Working...
                                X