No announcement yet.

Last Stand (516)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just sorry to see Elliot die. He had the potential to be a great character. Still, I don't mind the ending that much otherwise, I just wonder how many Tok'ra survived.
    sigpic

Comment

The attitudes of the Tok'ra to humans is abysmal. They held little regard for Martouf, so focused all their energy on saving Lantash, but then not allowing him freedom of will. Very sad that Elliot/Lantash died! It really sucked.

I agree about Zipacna sucking, I hated him. His teeth were what irked me in this ep. In his first appearance it was his ugly outfit and the overdose on makeup. Yukgh.

Comment

The ambiguous ending is both interesting and frustrating, but the episode overall is very good - especially Daniel's storyline. At the ending, I think we can assume that Lt. Elliot was taken back to the Stargate and unleashed the poison, the Jaffa eventually died (would have taken a little while, wouldn't it?) and everyone was able to get back through the gate, but as Jack said it makes sense that Elliot would have been searched first.

If that happened and he released the poison upon being found, surely Jacob and Teal'c were nowhere near far away enough to not be affected!

Anyway, there's a good mix of interesting and uninteresting system lords here. Ba'al naturally stands out, and it's no wonder that he was brought back as a big player. Yu is possibly the most fascinating of all of them, as he comes across as a bit more level-headed, and possibly even edging towards friendly at times! I do wonder what happens to Yu's real human slave, Jarren, as I assume Yu now believes he has betrayed him - poor unlucky Jarren

Before this rewatch, it had been quite a long while since I watched SG-1. I remembered that the system lords dine upon the Goa'uld symbiotes, but I can't remember why, so I'm looking forward to finding that out eventually.

Brillant special effects with the crystals forming halls, the cargo ship dogfight and then crashing through the trees. By today's standards though, the ship hitting the ground and the swimming Goa'uld look pretty poor!

I found myself getting a little choked up at the ending with Lantash/Martouf/Elliot saying goodbye to Sam. Nicely done.

RATING: 8 out of 10
        Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 04 December 2011, 03:04 AM.
        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

The feature-length ep continued...

1. Very nice work with the crystals.

2. Was Daniel all over the place here or what?

3. On that note, very nice try in terms of getting hold of Sarah/Osiris, pity it didn't work.

4. RIP Elliot - the guy really should have survived a bit longer.

Very good two parter.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

A pretty good conclusion to this 2-parter.

So now another SG team is wiped out (SG-17), the last member giving his life to save SG-1 and Jacob.

Anubis is now a System Lord again, he gonna do a lot of damage in the years to come.

Tomorrow, an asteroid (let's call it Apophis ) his headed towards Earth, can SG-1 save us?
            sigpic

Comment

I agree about Elliot, could have had a few more episodes at least...

My LiveJournal post
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Don't see why they had to kill off Elliot already. At least the character wasn't forgotten about haha.

Mmm Goa'uld snacks yum yum.
                sigpic

Comment

Poor Elliot, he was the star of this part for me. His noble sacrifice, guess that's what we saw in 'Proving Ground', it's what won him the spot on an SG team. He was willing to sacrifice his life to save Haley and he did it for real here to give everyone a fighting chance to escape. It was a poignant moment as those haunting Jaffa horns sounded around the dying scared young man.

I found it weird that throughout their wanderings in the Tok'ra tunnels it always seemed to be Sam lugging the injured Elliot around and neither Jack or Teal'c helped, Teal'c only when Elliot finally couldn't move anymore. There were times I thought they could have. I suppose they were ready to fight any Jaffa they came across, but Sam is as capable as they were with defending the team! Equal opportunities at work here I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    I found it weird that throughout their wanderings in the Tok'ra tunnels it always seemed to be Sam lugging the injured Elliot around and neither Jack or Teal'c helped,
                    It might've been a height thing. Sam is (was?) closer in height to Elliott. It can be painful and awkward for both parties when the helper is a significantly different height from the helped.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'm embarassed to say that the first time I saw this episode I was confused on what was causing the Goa'uld population decline and why Daniel said he knew. In fact it took multiple watches to figure it out.

This episode is actually a revertse of Summit in that I liked the Tok'ra storyline more than the Goa'uld System Lord meeting. That is not to say its bad. I loved learning of the new status of the Goa'uld empire and Goa'uld politics in general but it gets a little drawn out at times and it annoys me how Daniel gets to emotional. Yes I understand he cares about Osris host but come on think of the bigger picture. Thier are a lot more lives at stake then one person.

What I like a lot about the Tok'ra storyline is the struggle of Lantash especially his weakening state. This is most evident with Sam as he tries to hold on and admit his caring for Sam. However the ending of the episode seems rushed and vague of how they escaped. Yes Teal'c explained it but I just felt we didn't get a fully developed solution. Speaking of Teal'c he like those crystals a little too much
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Poor Elliot & Lantash. I was wondering how the hell they were going get out of this one! Good end to an exciting two parter.

Comment

I didn't really like this one much, or the previous.
                          There was no reason to get a new guy, Elliot was damn cool. But hey let's kill him, have Lantesh save him, and then kill both off in the end.

Oh, I liked that we got to see, how the tunnels were made. Great FX

I bet Shanks quit because he had to wear those really annoying armbands in two episodes
                          Last edited by Cluas; 27 January 2013, 12:36 PM. Reason: to add

Comment

The fall of Lantesh... ...I really liked him.

So, Tok'ra base has been destroyed. Anubis is back in town to cause havoc and to rule the galaxy. Earth's obviously high on his list of places to go and destroy. Osiris is wicked and mocking all at once. Daniel lets his emotions come into play again.

Okay, snacking on the symbiotes... really? Ugh...

Jacob crash landing... it was cloak or seatbelts, but not both at the same time. The previous owner obviously didn't think he would be needing seatbelts as much as the cloak.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                              I bet Shanks quit because he had to wear those really annoying armbands in two episodes

According to him, they originally wanted him to wear the nice little black leather strappy number one of the other slaves ended up wearing!..

So maybe the armbands were the better deal for him.....if not for us fangirls!..

Deeds xx
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Like the episode but didn't like Daniel not releasing the poison or the ending. First they completely throw out the leave no man behind line when a couple episode back they were hitting us over the head with it. Then I couldn't see why one of the SG1 team didn't volunteer to take Lantash.

Comment

Working...
                                X