No announcement yet.

Last Stand (516)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed with what people are saying that it just left the episode ending hanging! What happen to Elliott? Did he in fact release the Gas? Did he get taken prisoner? What happened to SG-1 and Jacob? When/How long did they have to wait to get back home? SOOOOO many ways the end of the episode could have been ended!

The assumption in that Elliott was captured, taken back to the gate, Released the Symboite Poison. Once it dissipated is then when SG-1 and Jacob, went back to Earth/where the Tok'ra was.
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

i thought it was a good way to end, it was different and not what i was expecting and that's why it's good imo.

Comment

I had a thought watching this epi today, when they show the gate during the ground incursion and jack makes the witty comment something like "they seem to amassing a few troops", there are several alkesh and troop transports landed and jaffa are unloading. well it is a good assumption that they kept these ships on the ground, now when Lt. Elliot/lantash sacrifices themselves and unleashes the symbiote poison near the gate so the other guys can get through. if that killed all the jaffa in the area, why the hell didnt each memeber take a ship for themselves. there were 4 of them and like 5 or 6 ships landed and it is assumed it killed all the jaffa on the ground so why didnt they take all those dormant ships. could have been useful.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
          I had a thought watching this epi today, when they show the gate during the ground incursion and jack makes the witty comment something like "they seem to amassing a few troops", there are several alkesh and troop transports landed and jaffa are unloading. well it is a good assumption that they kept these ships on the ground, now when Lt. Elliot/lantash sacrifices themselves and unleashes the symbiote poison near the gate so the other guys can get through. if that killed all the jaffa in the area, why the hell didnt each memeber take a ship for themselves. there were 4 of them and like 5 or 6 ships landed and it is assumed it killed all the jaffa on the ground so why didnt they take all those dormant ships. could have been useful.
          I dont think Zipacna and the jaffa ON the ships were killed.

Which is a shame... because Zipacna sucked. X_X

Comment

i know that zipacna wasnt killed, he was in his hatak in orbit, but you think that if our people had enough time to get to the gate and escape, they would have had enough time to get at least two ships.

Comment

Now this was a great two-parter !!! Watching it for the first time.

This is what I like about Stargate SG , a good storyline to keep it going and a lot of action.

The system lords really scared of Anubis so it will be interesting to see what will happen in the next episodes.

Symbiots served as snack was a bit surprising.

Rating: 8 / 10

Comment

An excellent end to the two parter. I still can't get over the look on the faces of the other goauld when they learn Anubis isn't dead.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

The System Lords have a little get-together, and what's on the snack menu? Raw symbiote, lovely. Probably tastes like chicken

Comment

Poor Martouf/Lantash/Lt. Elliott
                    sigpic

Comment

symbiotes in general kind of got a bad rap in this ep
                      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

i still cant believe they brought back lantash just to kill him off again

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                          I totally agree!
                          I liked the episode, at least most parts, but although I see that this ending makes sense I think it's too bad that the couldn't save them
                          Lantash and Martouf, I liked them even though I'm nut a big fan of them .. and Elliot.. it was his first mission, for cryin' out loud ()! They even said he shouldn't die on his first mission!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                            Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                            I totally agree!
                            I liked the episode, at least most parts, but although I see that this ending makes sense I think it's too bad that the couldn't save them
                            Lantash and Martouf, I liked them even though I'm nut a big fan of them .. and Elliot.. it was his first mission, for cryin' out loud ()! They even said he shouldn't die on his first mission!
                            I thought Elliot and Grogan were pretty cool. I was hoping for some kind of follow-up with the younger SG-1 recruits from Proving Ground but I didn't think that Elliot should've been killed off so quickly. I'm also not happy that Grogan and the others weren't followed-up in later seasons.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              I thought Elliot and Grogan were pretty cool. I was hoping for some kind of follow-up with the younger SG-1 recruits from Proving Ground but I didn't think that Elliot should've been killed off so quickly. I'm also not happy that Grogan and the others weren't followed-up in later seasons.
                              Yeah, that was sad.. It'd have been interesting to Grogan and Elliot (ok, he's dead ) more offworld or how Haily is doing in an SG-team (and at the academy after Prodigy) but at least we see all of them twice, don't we? Exept for that girl with the crush on Daniel.. what was her name? we never saw more of her but maybe we should take this discussion to the Proving Ground tread
                              sigpic

Comment

I thought this ending was disappointing. They spent all their money on the cargo ship crashing, which was cool, and then just ended with an implication that Elliot released the poison and he, with all the Jaffa, died. I would liked to have seen them find another way out. In essence the whole mission failed. Not really a great resolution to your big mid-season two-parter in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X