No announcement yet.

Ascension (503)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That little home made stargate was pretty cool. I wonder how many people tried to make it.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called
    sigpic

Comment

Teal'c is a Star Wars fan, good man!

Comment

Originally posted by balo View Post
        This was another good episode , and some funny moments.

The knock at the door was priceless, when O'Neill said that he wasn't interested in Sci-Fi.

Nice to see Sam outside of SGC for a change.
        And the tiny stargate , well every home should have it .

Rating : 7 / 10
        i agree she is at work to much and this let as see her home and her life outside of work i liked that another alien likes sam.

and i would love to have a stargate in my home but it uses to much electricity
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
          and i would love to have a stargate in my home but it uses to much electricity
          If you have a Stargate in your house, you might as well use a naquadah generator to power it!
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

true it beats the power bill u would have could u imagine the bill the sgc has for theres and i wander if sams power bill went up that day
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal View Post
              Simpsons reference?

Anybody notice that when Orlin tells Carter he loves her, she edges out of the shot and then we hear her footsteps as she runs off and slams the door. They use the off camera running/door slamming/car starting bit all the time on the Simpsons.
              OMG, what a good catch! i had to go back and check this out -- played it over and over and laughed every time.

spoiler re "descending" with/without clothes:

Spoiler:
              i think oma said that daniel chose to come back naked.

Originally posted by tribob View Post
              also why did sam tuck in her top AND cardigan, i thought it looked baad.
              sam's civvie clothes are often disturbing (to me) but i thought they looked good in this ep, except for the tucked-in cardigan/ill-fitting jeans.

just rewatched this ep. momentous for the introduction of the hotdog guy (my nick for simmons). sg has so many bad guys i love to hate. i'm already on to "the fifth man" so i'm having trouble recalling the specific good stuff from "ascension," but i really liked it, though it *was* sad at the end.

Comment

Not one of my favorite episodes. I did like Teal'c in the cowboy hat and Star Wars, and the home made gate.
                sigpic

Comment

The homemade gate was cool. I liked seeing the softer side of Sam.
                  sigpic

Comment

5/10

Apparently ancients talk monotonically and slow as molasses. Sam may be smart and pretty, but she really doesn't offer much else. She is by far the most boring character on the show and probably in the franchise as a whole.

The way the episode played out didn't make sense. It was written purely to provide Sam with a love interest who makes a tragic sacrifice. What likely would have happened was that SGC would believe her, she would have brought the ascended one to SGC and they would have halted using the weapon. Then SGC would finally have access to some serious technology, not weapons, from the ancient.

I expect more from my sci fi shows, and this episode was a stand alone piece of dung.
                    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

"I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello."

Teal'c never ceases to amaze me with his subtle humor.
                      Last edited by stupidoctopus; 17 May 2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I wish an ancient would build me a giant gem (saphires, dimonds I'm not picky), I'd totally sacraice my microwave for that!

Build a Stargate using a toaster, is also kind of neat. I don't even want to know what that credit card bill will be like.

Teal'c seen Star Wars 9 times, Jack has never watched it? How can you get through life without seeing Starwars. I wonder if Teal'c ever did battle in the ring of jello.

Overall it was an amusing episode. Makes you wonder what other technologies the planet had that the SGC could have used. But I do find the "rule" book of the ancients to be confusing, every time we see them, it changes. They claim to have their laws, but its interpreted different each time they appear.
                        Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Why are all the good ones taken, gay, or in Sam Carter's case, from outer space? First Narim, then Martouf, and now Orlan. He's every woman's dream -- disembodied alien's eye for the straight guy. Who wouldn't want a man who can create fine jewelry from common household items, gives his life for others as a hobby, and is a totally selfless lover? The toaster and the microwave not so impressed. Or maybe Sam is the space travelling version of the girl who only falls for romantic foreign men.

Comment

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1...

1. Sam getting knocked out...Janet's assumption was reasonable but...

2. Forgot exactly how freaky Orlin seemed.

3. Also forgot this was the first appearance of Colonel Simmons. First impressions..."not another one...".

4. Bullet dodged in insane fashion.

Slightly better rewatching than it seemed first time round.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Note to Alien guys who fall in love with Sam: It will not end well.
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Great episode, Joel's Ascension piece for the episode was amazing.

And Sam has now lost another boyfriend love interest.

The commentary:
                                • Sam's house (which took a while to find) was suppose to Fraiser's house (from Rite of Passage)
                                • Amanda thought Carter's house should've been an apartment, but justified it by say it was Jacob's house, Sam took it when he left to join the Tok'ra.
                                • The stuff from Carter's house is either Amanda's stuff or things Amanda has gotten from the fandom over the years.
                                • RDA doesn't was Science Fiction, but (as we all know already) he does watch a lot of The Simpsons.
                                • de Lancie didn't want to wear a military outfit
                                • Martin or James (maybe both) said they thought the kawoosh came out too far in the mini gate.
                                • Only this shot on was shot on the floor of the basement where the mini gate was.
                                  Spoiler:

Tomorrow, some guy thinks he's a member of SG-1.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X