No announcement yet.

Ascension (503)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this episode. I'm glad Orlin didn't turn out to be evil in the end. (I was waiting for that.) He was a fun character. I loved the way he spoke. And how he would casually drop things about her microwave being broken or needing a new toaster. And I LOVED the short exchange where Orlin tells Sam that she likes him. How adorable are they?!?!?
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
      Ya I wonder what happened to it?

We would probably fail at trying to figure out how to make a new one.
      Good question. One could argue that it belonged to Sam - she paid for the components, after all - but I'd say that it ended up at Area 51... if they could fit it through her basement door.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I loved this episode. It was great seeing some of Sam's life outside the SGC - what a plush dwelling she has! Must of cost her a nice amount of dosh.

There was lots of touching moments with Orlin, and I enjoyed the storyline, but I have to say my favourite bit was when Jack and Teal'c show up at Sam's house. Teal'c's a Star Wars fan! How cute!
        "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

I have to agree. The whole "You've never seen Star Wars?!" line out of Sam cracked me up. That and the line that Teal'c says after that about: "I have read about a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello."
          "Call Daniel."

It's just filled with quirky lines....
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
            "I have read about a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello."
            That cracked me up too.
            "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

I read on line that this show was geared for women. Call me weird but I liked this one.

Comment

Looking back on ascension after knowing so much about it by watching all of Atlantis and the later seasons of SG-1 is kind of funny. It's easy to forget how we figured out what it was and when it first appeared. I wonder why they treated Carter like such an outsider in this episode. I mean they have scene a ton of different kinds of aliens including some that could make themselves invisible to the naked eye. You would think that the SGC would have supported Sam and tried to figure out what was going on.
                sigpic

Comment

The mini-Stargate was incredible.
                  And Teal'c has seen "Star Wars" nine times! Episode IV, I presume.
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Sam sucks at dating.

Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ascension.html
                    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I wish we could see more of Sam in normal clothes

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                        Looking back on ascension after knowing so much about it by watching all of Atlantis and the later seasons of SG-1 is kind of funny. It's easy to forget how we figured out what it was and when it first appeared. I wonder why they treated Carter like such an outsider in this episode. I mean they have scene a ton of different kinds of aliens including some that could make themselves invisible to the naked eye. You would think that the SGC would have supported Sam and tried to figure out what was going on.
                        Without going into all my reasons why I agree with you, I would just like to say I agree with you about how Sam was treated like an outsider and nobody believed her. It's one of my big "issues", but I won't subject everybody to all the reasons. Just wanted to say I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
                          I loved this episode. It was great seeing some of Sam's life outside the SGC - what a plush dwelling she has! Must of cost her a nice amount of dosh.

There was lots of touching moments with Orlin, and I enjoyed the storyline, but I have to say my favourite bit was when Jack and Teal'c show up at Sam's house. Teal'c's a Star Wars fan! How cute!
                          There are some who think that Sam's house is actually her Dad's house, and she moved into it after he became a Tok'ra. I think Amanda even makes a comment about this on one of the DVD commentaries. However, in "The Tok'ra, part 1", I believe Sam or Hammond says something to the effect that Jacob has taken an apartment in Colorado Springs in order to be closer to his daughter while he goes through chemotherapy, so I don't know how accurate the house theory is. But, she also likely receives a nice Air Force wage, plus all the combat pay she must receive, and since she really doesn't have much of a life outside the SGC, she likely has quite a healthy savings and maybe even some good investments, so she could afford to have a house like that.

Comment

This episode was great.. From Teal'c's Star Wars Addiction to the building of the "Homemade Gate".. However one thing that stands out to me is the Car Sam drives.. "anyone know what it is?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chronus View Post
                              This episode was great.. From Teal'c's Star Wars Addiction to the building of the "Homemade Gate"
                              i agree completely, it looked so weird the gate being so tiny. i think it's secretly meant to transport little pets through

Comment

This was another good episode , and some funny moments.

The knock at the door was priceless, when O'Neill said that he wasn't interested in Sci-Fi.

Nice to see Sam outside of SGC for a change.
                                And the tiny stargate , well every home should have it .

Rating : 7 / 10

Comment

Working...
                                X