No announcement yet.

Ascension (503)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I greatly enjoyed this episode, although Orlin was very...unassuming...for an ascended Ancient, I thought.

I loved Sam's house, and I agree, I want her kitchen.

The scene were Jack and Teal'c visit Sam at her house is excellent. Teal'c's outfit is horrendous, but hilarious. And Jack seems really disturbed when he suspects Sam is on a date with another man. A highly shippy moment.

The 'I'm not tense' scene with Sam and Jack was highly entertaining as well.

I have to say though, my favourite parts of the ep where when Orlin did cool, highly advanced things, like make a perfect, giant emerald (what was especially weird is when he told Carter he had a gift for her, I exlaimed to my husband, 'I bet it's a giant crystal!' and lo and behold, it was.). I can't believe he actually made a one time stargate from online materials...I want my own stargate in my basement!

Comment

The Star Wars comments were very funny! But remember in '1969' Jack says 'my name is Luke Skywalker' or something? And yet here he says he hasn't seen them. Obviously it was all in jest and doesn't mean anything. I was just pointing it out.
      "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

boring episode for my taste.

i laugh so hard in the Star Wars scene, when Carter closed the door, Jack tried to peek who's inside the house... lol

Comment

Luke Skywalker is part of popular culture, you don't need to have seen the movies to know who he is.

That Star Wars scene made me laugh, you could see O'Neill trying to comprehend Carter having a date, he must think it's mutually exclusive or something.

Comment

Liked this one. But I thought we might have seen Oma.

Comment

This episode could have gone the creepy stalker route but was very well done I thought. Orlin was a good character although his *You're an hour late* to carter seemed a bit weird. I liked his style- I built this emerald but you'll need a new microwave- I wonder if she's still got it (the emerald not the microwave). .
              And poor jack I think he was hoping to get a *Big honking space gun * out of it.

Comment

He always is, but he never does.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

After the hiatus of the first two episodes of this season this was a comftable epsidoe to get us back ito Stargate, it also introduced a good character which we havent seen since! Orlin!

Comment

I loved this episode and i liked how he built his own stargate........and i wish Sean Patrick Flannery could have appeared in season nine!

Comment

I love sean, his character reminds me a little of an older-sexier 'powder' .

anyway when he was non-corporeal, where did he get those clothes? and how come they were the same clothes when he became human?

when i first seen them i assumed they were sam's, she does have a very unisex wardrobe.

also why did sam tuck in her top AND cardigan, i thought it looked baad.

thats all
                      "What is an Oprah?" - Teal'c

omg thats so much funnier in my head...

Comment

Originally posted by tribob
                        I love sean, his character reminds me a little of an older-sexier 'powder' .

anyway when he was non-corporeal, where did he get those clothes? and how come they were the same clothes when he became human?

when i first seen them i assumed they were sam's, she does have a very unisex wardrobe.

also why did sam tuck in her top AND cardigan, i thought it looked baad.

thats all
                        Dunno about the cardigan, but Orlin was an ascended being. He could appear wearing whatever clothes he wanted. And he certainly had the 'descension' thing down way smoother than Daniel had; betcha he just made sure he had clothes that fit in locally when he descended. Remember, he'd been ascended for a _looooong_ time. He'd certainly know what his capabilities were more than Daniel did.
                        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I loved the mini stargate! Do you think they're reverse engineering it at Area 51? I'd be tempted to keep it in my basement, maybe Sam works on it when she's home.
                          "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Ya I wonder what happened to it?

We would probably fail at trying to figure out how to make a new one.
                            sigpic

Comment

I truly loved this episode, one of the best of all stargate in terms of emotion. We have also important revelations on the ascended beings...
                              But Orlin dies, leaving Sam again alone, though he had given up his ascension for Sam... too sad poor Sam...

Ya I wonder what happened to it
                              I guess it was destroyed...
                              Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

I doubt the minigate was destroyed. We certainly wouldn't throw it out. The gate was probably stored and studied in Area 51, although little progress will be made in recreating such an advanced device.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X