No announcement yet.

Threshold (502)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this ep!!! Great teal'c background. Awesome show!!

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph View Post

I felt bad for Janet during this episode, because she really was trying to do her job, and letting him suffer goes against everything a doctor stands for. Clearly, it needed to be done, but I don't know if I would have been able to resist from putting Teal'c out of his pain, had I been there.
      I too felt for her. I could see it tore her up to not do anything. She could not stand to see him suffer, yet she could not see that living that way would cause him more suffering. Bra'tac mentioned that he knew his ways were foreign to them, yet you could see the doubt in all of them, especially Janet. But this is why I love the show so much, you see the characters are not infallible. So many times they have seen technology or ways different than their own do things that are beyond their medical science and technology yet they have doubts, even expressing it is not possible, when it is happening in front of their eyes. This was one example. I could see Janet waiting to pounce, to try everything she knew medically possible, but I think she was not thinking so much in terms of saving his mind as in keeping him alive, whereas Bra'tac saw the bigger picture and I believe Hammond and they rest of Sg-1 reluctantly saw it too. they knew that returning the symbiote would only keep him alive but his mind would be lost. Sorry I ramble.

Comment

I thought this episode was really good cause I learnt more about Teal'cs past and how Bra'tacs so important to him. Isnt it funny when Teal'c calls Daniel a woman.....lol
        Awsome acting by Christopher Judge in this episode

Comment

The filming of Teal'c and Bra'tac fighting in the snow was completely and totally amazing. It was cool to see Teal'c with the regular black Apophis sect tattoo, he really did look younger in those sequences. Up until this point we never knew what happened leading up to the point where Teal'c helps SG-1 escape in TCOTG. It turns out that Bra'tac was there behind the scenes watching them when they were capture along with Teal'c. Seeing Va'lar and the way Teal'c fooled the one who would call himself Teal'c's god was fascinating. I wonder how many years it was before SG-1 came to Chulak that Teal'c found out that Apophis was a false god. For that matter I wonder for how long Bra'tac knew that the Goa'uld were false god's.
          sigpic

Comment

I loved Apophis's chicken suit! Best. Outfit. Ever.

Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...threshold.html
            My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
            http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I diddnt quite get why they couldent just shoot him with the Zat to clear the brainwashing like they did with his son.

Comment

Originally posted by RidgeTop View Post
                I diddnt quite get why they couldent just shoot him with the Zat to clear the brainwashing like they did with his son.
                maybe that only works on young jaffa? i don't know but that did cross my mind but i thought this was a more enjoyable way to get rid of brainwashing, because with the ZAT it was just like, I HATE YOU I HATE YOU *zat* I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU and it was too easy. i loved this episode because you see into teal'c's past and where is doubts about the gou'ld came from

Comment

This was a great episode where we learn about Teal'c and his past and how he became the first prime of Apophis .

Christopher Judge in one of his best episodes.

Rating: 8/ 10

Comment

A good episode in which we see more of Teal'cs past and a bit of Bratacs. Very nice.
                    Some say that he has only one ear.
                    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                    All we know is he's called
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I Great TealC epsiode imo. I really liked how he stood up for his father in front of his "god". so in his early years deep down he wasnt really that believer of Apophis. So he doubted it always but Bratac guided him in the right direction.,...
                      sigpic

Comment

Such a good episode for Teal'c!!! And there still managed to be funny lines with Jack and Daniel!
                        sigpic

Comment

Great episode for Teal'c. I guess they blew the FX budget on the season finale and starter eps, but I really loved this one. Poor Dr. Fraiser, it was obvious she was really uncomfortable with the whole situation.
                          sigpic

Comment

This episode is very close to my heart. It is my very favorite episode in the series. Teal'c had to relive so much pain to b released from Apophis's hold on him, but the Right worked, and he returned to the side of freedom. I never get tired of watching this episode. The way the rest of SG-1 kept talking to him, and encouraging Teal'c to remember what he believed in and stood for was no less than awesome. I found it very touching to see Teal'c's sadness at having to kill Va'lar. They seemed to be very close, and talked with each other a great deal.
                            It was great to see Drey'auc again as well.
                            "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                            "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Great episode. From a story point of view it was nice to see more backstory of Teal'c. The pilot gave us some indication that he wasn't happy serving under the Goa'uld by his expressions and actions, and then in eps with Bra'tak, but this lets us see it in a different light (so to speak)

Technically -

I loved the change in scene colour to show the difference between his memories and reality. For me, more than show the difference it also gave a cold feeling to all the Goa'uld scenes in this ep, which matches my thoughts on the Goa'uld disposition.

Also it showed us the physical humanity of Teal'c which we don't get to see so often. It reminds us that Teal'c is human. This was shown best by the scene when he had to be brought back to life by human medical science before Junior could help again.

I like how it showed Teal'c strength by the fact that had to strap him down, but at the same time it showed how much he needed the symbiote and how it could affect his mind (explained by Bra'tak) by making him weak once it was removed.

There were moral conflicts, but still the show kept it's sense of humour, taking the edge off.

The general vibe we get fromt he Jaffa is a serve my master kind of thing, but through Teal'c we get to see that they are tortured in a similar way that a host is.

I think Christopher Judge did a good job on this ep and loved the training with Bra'tak.

I'll leave this at that

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I love this episode for all the reasons mentioned above. What an awesome character study of both Teal'c and Bra'tac. Teal'c is such a powerful character that even though he seems to almost be the least focused on of the team, he is still a HUGE presence no matter what he does or what he says. But it was nice to get in his head, as it were, and really see more clearly what makes him tick. Love Bra'tac. That man can do no wrong! Really, upon 2nd watching....this episode has made it into my all time absolute favorites list!!!
                                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X