Absolute Power (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To our point of view, it was a dream.

That still doesn't mean that the Daniel in the dream wasn't an artificial construct and not the Daniel we know. Perhaps Harlan was involved.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'm sticking to the most simple of explanations, which is usually the most plausible one... it's a dream.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It is funny how it is all or nothing. The kid can't just give him a small amount of info like the location of enemy home worlds or a cure to cancer. You know just enough info so we don't kill ourselves yet enough info to still be useful.

Comment

I'm not sure Shifu had that amount of control?

Comment

Except the tok'ra seem to disprove that idea

Comment

But the tokra were not Harcesis.

Comment

Originally posted by LionHamster View Post
                  Except the tok'ra seem to disprove that idea
                  I don't see how. (I wrote a longer reply but deleted it. I'm not certain what you mean.)

Comment

Good ep. Really liked that kid playing Shifu. Especially his voice struck me as very special. I do not agree with the casting issue at all. We are talking about a kind of "miracle child". So it is quite short-sighted to expect him to look african-american, just because his biological parents looked that way. As we see, that child can appear as any form of physical existence - well, and even non-physical.

It made perfect sense, that he had a more Asian look. Also his cloths took the story back to Kheb and the monk in "Maternal Instinct". Great spiritual wisdom is always associated with Asian Buddha-like cultures. So the casting chosed a kid that would fit in there. Do not see any inconsistency here.
                    Last edited by enibas5; 23 July 2015, 01:13 AM. Reason: correction of spelling

Comment

Originally posted by enibas5 View Post
                      Good ep. Really liked that kid playing Shifu. Especially his voice struck me as very special. I do not agree with the casting issue at all. We are talking about a kind of "miracle child". So it is quite short-sighted to expect him to look african-american, just because his biological parents looked that way. As we see, that child can appear as any form of physical existence - well, and even non-physical.
                      It made perfect sense, that he had a more Asian look. Also his cloths took the story back to Kheb and the monk in "Maternal Instinct". Great spiritual wisdom is always associated with Asian Buddha-like cultures. So the casting chosed a kid that would fit in there. Do not see any inconsistency here.
                      Same here - and I liked the Mr Hyde side of Jackson - very convincing.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Really wish we saw some aftermath from this.. even if it was Daniel going into a depression knowing what could have happened and he could have been the cause of it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Really wish we saw some aftermath from this.. even if it was Daniel going into a depression knowing what could have happened and he could have been the cause of it.
                          Do you mean, if Daniel had persuaded Shifu to look into his buried goa'uld knowledge for information that would aid humans vs goa'uld? I don't think there was much chance of Daniel persuading Shifu to do that. As for the rest, Daniel possessed goa'uld knowledge only while in the "dream." No real harm possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                            Do you mean, if Daniel had persuaded Shifu to look into his buried goa'uld knowledge for information that would aid humans vs goa'uld? I don't think there was much chance of Daniel persuading Shifu to do that. As for the rest, Daniel possessed goa'uld knowledge only while in the "dream." No real harm possible.
                            While it might have just been a dream, i still feel it would have had some sort of impact on him emotionally for a few weeks at the least.

Comment

Fantastic episode, more great 'crazy' acting from Michael Shanks.

Some of Daniel's actions seemed a bit extreme or over-the-top, but I think that's the result of a 1-episode time constraint and showing the extreme effects of Goa'uld genetics. This could have made a great two-parter to show his slower descent into evil.

Between this and Need, it's hard watching Daniel treat his teammates like that...

"You never were that bright." Ouch!

Even if Daniel does carry some resentment towards them (I'm sure he does, as do all of them) the real Daniel would never go this far. I love seeing ascended Daniel coming to his friends' aid in Season 6 because that's the person/being he really is.

I really liked the scenes between Shifu and Daniel. I'd like to think they crossed paths at some point in Daniel's ascension time.

Comment

I would like to hve seen that mentioned by one f the ascended folk during their discussions with daniel..

Comment

Working...
                                X