No announcement yet.

Beneath the Surface (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shipper in me would like to think that this is another episode showing that Sam and Jack belong together, they just can't do that.
    sigpic
    Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Hey! Any1 wanna tell me what song was played on this episode starting on 1:43?

Comment

I think this episode is good for the scenes in the SGC more than the scenes on the planet. Hammond's frustration and powerlessness, and the determination of Frasier and Major what's his name.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Neuntoter View Post
          Hey! Any1 wanna tell me what song was played on this episode starting on 1:43?
          It was probably created by Joel Goldsmith, who did most of the show's music pieces.

Comment

Not my ep - sorry.

Didn't like the scenes under the surface.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

I actually didn't mind the scenes under the ice surface..

Comment

O'NEILL/JONAH
                Would it mean anything if I told you I remember something else?

CARTER/THERA
                What?

O'NEILL/JONAH
                Feelings.

CARTER/THERA
                Feelings?

O'NEILL/JONAH
                I remember feeling feelings.

CARTER/THERA
                For me?

O'NEILL/JONAH
                (sarcastically)
                No, for Tor.

[Carter/Thera laughs at him.]

O'NEILL/JONAH
                I don’t remember much. But I do remember that.

CARTER/THERA
                So…

O'NEILL/JONAH
                So…I’m just saying.

CARTER/THERA
                Well then I feel better.

Feel better about? Did they indeed sleep together and his revelation makes her feel better because she now feels as though their actions were "justified" by a past relationship?

Comment

Feelings can mean just about anything... O'Neill cares for his team, those are feelings too.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                    Feel better about? Did they indeed sleep together and his revelation makes her feel better because she now feels as though their actions were "justified" by a past relationship?
                    Given how difficult it was made to be alone (in the context of the show), when would they have had sex? Also, before Teal'c's outburst, so far as they knew they had been doing this their entire working lives; why would she need to "justify" her feelings and actions?

(note, IMO, no, they did not have sex, but they were in the beginning stages of falling in love).

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

^that's the way I read it too.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        Not a favorite of mine. It reminded me a bit too much of the plot of the Star Trek Voyager episode Workforce.
                        Haha, indeed. This was actually made before Workforce. It's also a little similar to the SG1 season 2 episode "Prisoners", which in turn is kind of similar to "The Chute" from Voyager

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I think this episode really lacks a story. It has a premise of SG1 not remembering who they are but it never really goes anywhere
                        Indeed. At least with "Prisoners" it had a more complete and satisfying story.

Not too bad a episode though.

Comment

With his training, you would think Jack would become suspicious and start remembering things earlier. But aside from Teal'c for obvious symbiote reasons, it's Daniel and Sam who start dreaming and questioning first.

Ok episode, would have liked to know more about the fate of the workers and the scumbag administrator.

Comment

Yeah, I wonder what happened to the administrator... And I wonder if the workers were relocated to Earth, as O'Neill strongly hinted.

Not one of my favorite episodes, but this one's far better executed than the very similar plotline in Voyager, the two-parter Workforce.
                            sigpic

Comment

I didn't think O'Neill was hinting they'd be relocated to Earth, but to another, temperate planet. Of course, although it sounded good, it also sounded as if there wasn't much of an infrastructure, which would leave the workers pretty helpless. I mean, do any of them know how to cook? Farm? Hunt? Weave? Spin? etc.

Seaboe

Comment

That's why I figured they'd be settled on a fairly well-populated planet where somebody could teach them the skills needed in daily life. Just because a planet has miles of sandy beach doesn't mean it's deserted.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X