Beneath the Surface (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    I found it to be quite boring really, and my thoughts on it remained the same after re-watching it.
    This will be the 2nd or 3rd episode I've skipped during the re-watch. It just doesn't do anything for me.

IIRC, the supervisor/forewoman in this episode looks a lot like the second-in-command in the episode "New Ground". I wonder if she's the same actress.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
      IIRC, the supervisor/forewoman in this episode looks a lot like the second-in-command in the episode "New Ground". I wonder if she's the same actress.
      Nope. The second in New Ground was PDL's girlfriend (now wife). Who also appears in the season 9 or 10 episode about Mitchell's class reunion as his high school crush.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

The main character becoming amnesic is a sci-fi cliche. A lot of shows do it so when it comes to this cliche I look for something new. Sadly SG1 just does not deliver in this case. They do not do anything interesting with the concept. It just shows SG1 as worker slaves as they slow question their status and regain their memories. Nothing groundbreaking about this and it develops in predictible pattern. I was more interested in the non-SG1 stuff like how the female adminstrator had a change of heart after she sees how her superior will keep slave workers regardless on the Ice Age enviroment. Its interesting how corruption starts with a noble intent. The climax of exposing the facade as Daniel called it was too easily solved and escaped. It seemed unrealastic
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Eye Candy and lots of it! Shanks and RDA are HOT! But Shanks, especially does a wonderful job putting a whole new spin on his character. Seeing Carlin with an affect so different from Daniel's, makes me wonder if that might have been closer to Daniel's personality had he not experienced the tragedies in his life. At the end, his voice is again Daniel's. Jack is still the annoying jokester you can't help but love.

I too loved how they naturally gravitate toward each other, but I remember the first time watching this wondering whether they were actually on an undercover mission.

I do have one question. What do they flavor food with when actors must eat so much of it? I can't imagine them remaining fit on Big Bang Theory if they actually had to eat that much Chinese food, but that oatmeal glob, well, yuck!

And every time I hear, "What kind of name is that for a team?" I want to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1ALMgIFWM Great fan vid! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr
            Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            Nope. The second in New Ground was PDL's girlfriend (now wife). Who also appears in the season 9 or 10 episode about Mitchell's class reunion as his high school crush.

Seaboe
            PDL's wife wasn't in "New Ground". PDL's wife (Anne Marie DeLuise) is the woman that was Alar's associate in "The Other Side", and Cam Mitchell's high school love interest in "Bounty".

Anne Marie DeLuise (or Anne Marie Loder before marrying PDL) played Farrell in "The Other Side" and Amy Vanderberg in "Bounty" (S10).
            Jennifer Copping played Nyan's assistant.
            Desiree Zurowski played the Second in "New Ground".
            Allison Matthews played Brenna in "Beneath the Surface".
            Last edited by hedwig; 28 November 2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I really enjoy this episode. You can see how it's inspired by Metropolis.

I would have been nice to have seen more of the city, but I suppose that was limited by budget constraints.

Some nice character stuff, especially between Sam and Jack.
              sigpic
              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                Some nice character stuff, especially between Sam and Jack.
                Actually, I think the Sam and Jack stuff is rather predictable and doesn't tell us anything new. I was more impressed by how Teal'c and Daniel's personalities shone through, despite what was done to them.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Alright episode..
                  Not bad, but not to good either.

Comment

It was sad to see only 10 slave workers- There must have been thousands....

Oh but they were probably busy working ...

Not the best ep so far. Not the worst either. The idea was pretty good.

Comment

it was ok, so far so Metropolis

Interesting, however, coming hot on the heels of Scorched Earth and similar value judgements was the decision to tell the workers the true situation. Because given how the dome-dwellers had become it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that they would use spurious grounds to find new workers.
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

SG1 got memory stamped and believes they are workers in a plant, fighting an ice age. Err... okay...

Scruffy Daniel.
                        Homer.

Arrogant fool who's about to get what's coming to him.

Yeah, not exactly a favorite.

Though, I do like the visual of the domed city.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think this episode really lacks a story. It has a premise of SG1 not remembering who they are but it never really goes anywhere
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

It's kinda like jumping into the middle and missing the beginning... there's nothing keeping it together... something... I dunno. *shrug*
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think the only problem I had with this episode was how jarring Jack's attitude was. Everyone played their parts with the same attitude they had before the mind wipe;

Comment

I liked the premise of this episode with the whole memory thing, but i agree with a poster above, it fails to really go anywhere.
                                Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                                Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Working...
                                X