No announcement yet.

Beneath the Surface (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode had me convinced that SG-1 wasn't getting out of this one. I thought it might even be a two parter. Agree with PP's that the Sam/Jack thing was brough out a bit more much to my pleasure!!

Comment

I liked this episode and I especially liked Hammond being upset and angry with the smarmy and creepy Administrator Caulder. And having Major Griff planning a rescue mission, I also liked that Dr. Fraiser volunteered to join the rescue.

As for Thera and Jonah's relationship. I wondered whether Carter and O'Neill will remember their time as Thera and Jonah? Or would the memories created while they were memory stamped disappear when the stamping disappeared?

It was nice to see everybody remember who they were, but with Carter and O'Neill there was a little heartbreak along with the happiness. And if they now have to live with actual memories of being in a relationship with each other too, knowing what they miss out on - that's harsh. Poor guys!

Comment

yeah, Jack and Sam do remember everything they did as Jonah and Thera. The looks on their faces at the very end are pretty sad. They had the freedom to be together as Jonah and Thera that they won't have as Sam and Jack until/unless they leave on another's chain of command. They were supposed to kiss in this episode according to the commentary but it was written out of the final draft of the script whenTPTB felt they'd done too much of that this season.

I really liked the episode a LOT.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          yeah, Jack and Sam do remember everything they did as Jonah and Thera. The looks on their faces at the very end are pretty sad. They had the freedom to be together as Jonah and Thera that they won't have as Sam and Jack until/unless they leave on another's chain of command.
          I thought Jonah and Thera worked great as a couple. It really emphasized that the O'Neill/Carter dynamics could work in a different sort of relationship too. I loved that when Thera got upset and angry when Brenna wouldn't listen to her suggestions on how to increase production, Jonah calmed her down and came up with suggestions on how she could handle it. He just *get* her, you know? He knows how Carter works.

Comment

Would have been nice to see some sort of aftermath of their emotionally freeing time as Jonah and Thera.
            sigpic

Comment

I still cant believe they cut the KISS scene out i would so love to have seen it soooooooooooooooooo much even know it's still bug's me i sooooooooooooooo want to see it
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                I still cant believe they cut the KISS scene out i would so love to have seen it soooooooooooooooooo much even know it's still bug's me i sooooooooooooooo want to see it
                I wonder if its still in the original draft of the script? I'd love to see how it was scripted. Anyone have a source for Stargate scripts?
                sigpic

Comment

i love this episode i like the fact that the whole episode was underground
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    yeah, Jack and Sam do remember everything they did as Jonah and Thera. The looks on their faces at the very end are pretty sad. They had the freedom to be together as Jonah and Thera that they won't have as Sam and Jack until/unless they leave on another's chain of command. They were supposed to kiss in this episode according to the commentary but it was written out of the final draft of the script whenTPTB felt they'd done too much of that this season.

I really liked the episode a LOT.
                    You may well be correct about the reason for deleting the kiss, but I thought that AT and RDA kind of decided that between themselves that there would be no kiss, because not kissing made it more dramatic somehow. Maybe AT, RDA and TPTB together all decided to leave out the kiss?

Comment

This episode is really really good. It's one of my favorites out of season four. The whole thing is written well, except at the end. While I loved what was between Jack and Sam in this episode, I thought it cut a little too short what was going on between Daniel and Kegan. I didn't necessarily like her, but given her strong opinions and reactions, I just wanted more about what she thought about finding out she was a slave and that Daniel DID belong with Jack and Sam, and all that stuff. Obviously they had a limited amount of time to tell the story and I'd rather see Jack/Sam stuff than about a one-shot character, but I wish there'd been time for both.

One of my favorite scenes in this episode is when Griff is telling Hammond that SG-1's not out in the snow. Just when he says, "I don't see what reason Major Carter or Dr. Jackson would have had for wanting to go out there but even if they did, no way in hell would Colonel O'Neill let them. They're not out there, sir." That scene just gives me the chills a little bit because, even though we know where SG-1 is, no one at SGC does and it drives home the whole MIA thing and them trying to figure out what the hell happened to them. Love it, love it.
                      sigpic
                      Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                      I'm a 60%er!
                      ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

i think it would of been amazing if hammond took an sg team through the gate and owned, personally great episode.

Comment

This is probably the most angsty episode I have ever seen. It really shows how Gen. Hammond greatly cares for SG-1. He still believes that they are out there, even if almost all of the evidence points to them dying.

I think that this episode was very important especially in the Sam/Jack perspective because they can't remember that they are Air Force officers, but they can still remember "feelings" How cuuuuuuute.

Comment

The end is the most angsty after they've admitted to having those feelings and then they have to go back to their previous regulation separating ranks. Sam calling him 'sir' at the end and him repeating it was so sad. You could see the hurt in his face and eyes, and even in how he repeated the word back to her.
                            sigpic

Comment

i agree it was sad this episode is one of those episodes were i felt sad for jack and sam because there rank and job they can't be together even though they have very strong feelings for eachother
                              sigpic

Comment

It was an ok episode , but I didnt like the end.

Nice to see some feelings between Jack and Sam.
                                Jack thinking about general Hammond as Homer was funny

Rating 6 / 10

Comment

Working...
                                X