Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    Only Janet/Teal'c knew from the SGC and they are Sam/Jack's closest friends, I doubt they would tell Hammond, knowing what the consequences would be. It was most likely covered up and therefore they stayed as SG1.
    Do you really think that the CMO of Stargate Command would conceal a prejudice in the chain of command that presents a real threat to the lives of men and women in active service? I've said this before and I'll say it again: fraternization regs are not there for fun and if Jack, Sam and Janet are the military professionals we've been led to believe, they would not have ignored them just so that Jack and Sam could sneak in a few meaningful glances while they wait for their pensions to mature.

If it doesn't have to leave the room, it can't be serious. Either that, or they aren't responsible professionals, but are acting like school kids with a crush.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
      Do you really think that the CMO of Stargate Command would conceal a prejudice in the chain of command that presents a real threat to the lives of men and women in active service? I've said this before and I'll say it again: fraternization regs are not there for fun and if Jack, Sam and Janet are the military professionals we've been led to believe, they would not have ignored them just so that Jack and Sam could sneak in a few meaningful glances while they wait for their pensions to mature.

If it doesn't have to leave the room, it can't be serious. Either that, or they aren't responsible professionals, but are acting like school kids with a crush.
      But that's the thing, there is no prejudice to conceal. Jack's actions have never endangered the life of any other soldier and he did exactly what he would do, had it been Daniel/Teal'c stuck behind that forcefield but just not for the same reasons. His actions only endangered his own life and he would have done the same for others therefore there was/is no prejudice to conceal just the reason behind Jack's actions, which doesn't matter as it has never adveresly effected his actions/decisions, so there would be nothing to report.

And no, off course not. I believe that when Sam said 'this doesn't have to leave this room' and Jack agreed, they both meant it. They both believed, as did Janet that what they had would end, they'd never be put in the same situation again...but you can't help how you feel.

And if it doesn't leave the room, it can be serious but they just don't want it to be and at the time believed they could move on from it, but as the show progressed we were shown that they couldn't.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I was one of those who originally thought this episode resolved the S/J issue. Silly me.

Comment

Falling for a fellow member of military personnel is something that's always going to happen from time to time, in situations like Sam and Jack's. I think it's obvious from various scenes/episodes that Sam and Jack care for each other deeply, but they also care for their respective careers. They've never properly acted on their feelings for one another because of this, thus not making them unprofessional in anyway, IMO. I don't think there's a lot in the scene where Jack and Sam agree that it should never leave the room. Any sort of relationship between them would not only get them sacked most likely, but would also leave them open to jeapordising themselves or others on their team if they managed to conceal a relationship.

I've kind of forgotten what I was wanting to say, but basically, I think in any other sort of situation, Sam and Jack would of gotten together. This episode showed that at the time, it just wasn't really an option. Damn regulations!
          "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShipper View Post
            i LOVE this episode!! (Shipper all the way!). Except Anise... I just don't like her. She has a wierd mouth, and her head kinda jolts when she talks, it really bugs me. Anyway..

There's a look that S&J share that I totally, totally love that noboadys mentioned.. Just as Jacks being led away to have the "procedure", when Sams about to be drugged, she looks down the corridoor at him and he turns back to look at her, and it kinda goes a bit slow-mo.. That look is just AMAZING, it turns me to jelly!!!
            Anise has clearly had a badly botched lip injection procedure. Near the end, she even mangles the word "vulnerable" when describing her own lack of exposure to Go'aulds. It really annoys me. I don't know why they didn't shoot that particular scene again.

I also wonder if Frasier made Carter take a week off after this. Seems to me she'd need it.

Comment

they shouldnt have killed off martouf
              he was killed off way to early
              i think it would have been cool if they had developed his relationship with sam a little more
              sigpic

Comment

Poor Martouf!!!

Comment

Originally posted by haPpy-gO-LuX View Post
                  they shouldnt have killed off martouf
                  he was killed off way to early
                  i think it would have been cool if they had developed his relationship with sam a little more
                  I think that's why he was killed to make room for sam&jack ship

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    I agree, that was probably part of why they got rid of Martouf but I think the main reason was because they wanted to drop the whole Sam-Joliner arc, which was a shame. I would've loved to have seen Sam experiment with various Tok'ra/Goa'uld devices with the help of Joliner's memories. I mean in S6 and S9/10 they could've had Sam/Jack and Sam/Vala bond over their respective experiences as hosts as well but it's like TPTB didnt want to touch on that storyline again with ten foot barge pole. I hate it when they make something a season storyline when it could easily have been a running storyline.

Saying that I'm still pleased that we saw the end of Martouf in D&C, he really creeped me out.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                      But if you're going to kill someone off then the audience have to care.
                      Or you could try and be a better writer and not kill of people all the time - its such a cheap stunt.

Comment

I wouldn't have considered Martouf's death to be a cheap stunt, tbh. It was shocking in that it was Martouf rather than anyone else - it would have been a far cheaper shot had it been one of the Tok'ra entourage. Instead it was the closest Tok'ra ally of all, the one considered to be absolutely unimpeachable. So much so that it never occurred to anyone to put him in front of the za'tarc detector, anyway...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                          I wouldn't have considered Martouf's death to be a cheap stunt, tbh. It was shocking in that it was Martouf rather than anyone else - it would have been a far cheaper shot had it been one of the Tok'ra entourage. Instead it was the closest Tok'ra ally of all, the one considered to be absolutely unimpeachable. So much so that it never occurred to anyone to put him in front of the za'tarc detector, anyway...
                          I agree it could not be called a cheap stunt when they killed off poor Marty,
                          However I don't agree with your opinion that he was the closest Tok'ra,
                          what about Jacob?

Comment

True - but I guess I'm looking at it from the point of view of Martouf being the most receptive Tok'ra to the concept of an alliance with us at the outset, despite having no previous encounters with the Tauri. Obviously there was some ulterior motive in this, being that Sam was Jolinar's final host, but he was the one who looked deeper and saw further than his fellows at a time of real and understandable distrust.

Jacob, on the other hand - not to discount his importance, because he is important - came into the equation as someone who was already Tauri. Selmak has picked up on that and the two of them occupy a kind of 'grey area' in that they are both Tauri and Tok'ra. I tend not to see him as an ally in the strictest sense because, being Tauri, his support of our interests comes from the fact that, essentially, he is still a Tauri to some degree and there is a level of moral obligation upon him and Selmak to fight our corner. He's a bit higher up the scale in that regard as he has a foot in both camps that kind of transcends the concept of alliance.

Splitting hairs, I know! But I was looking at it in the sense that - to some extent Martouf has a stronger degree of separation from us which makes the term 'ally' more applicable to him than Jacob. I could, of course, be talking total cobblers, too. That's a habit of mine.

I guess I also tend to think these things through a bit more deeply than I should...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                              True, so they can delude the fans for another 6 years....
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                                True, so they can delude the fans for another 6 years....
                                It's what TPTB do!

Comment

Working...
                                X