Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
    True, so they can delude the fans for another 6 years....

…or to tick off the anti-sam/jack fans for another seven years.

Personally, I have never felt deluded for liking the SJ ship. I’m sure some shippers have and I’m sorry they feel that way. I feel even more sorry for all the anti-ship people who still get angry or annoyed about it. It would be nice if TPTB could make all the various fan groups happy, but they can’t.

I personally still rank D+C as one of my favorite episodes. Martin Wood did an excellent job directing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
      …or to tick off the anti-sam/jack fans for another seven years.

Personally, I have never felt deluded for liking the SJ ship. I’m sure some shippers have and I’m sorry they feel that way. I feel even more sorry for all the anti-ship people who still get angry or annoyed about it. It would be nice if TPTB could make all the various fan groups happy, but they can’t.

I personally still rank D+C as one of my favorite episodes. Martin Wood did an excellent job directing it.
      Oh come on TPTB have been doing the 'carrot and stick' routine to us SJ shippers for years...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
        I think that's why he was killed to make room for sam&jack ship
        That might very well have been part of it. I also suspect they were getting rid of him to make room for Anise. I think the studio wanted her to become the main Tok'ra contact for the SGC along with Jacob. They also wanted a Sam/Jack/Anise love triangle in Season 5. With Martouf still around it might have made it too confusing - a love quadrangle instead of a triangle.

Anise was originally supposed to be in more than three episodes and she was supposed to become a regular character in Season 5. The actress got pregnant and couldn't commit to the series. Unfortunately, they had already killed off Martouf by that point.

Comment

Anise was originally supposed to be in more than three episodes and she was supposed to become a regular character in Season 5. The actress got pregnant and couldn't commit to the series. Unfortunately, they had already killed off Martouf by that point.
          Can we thanks her husband?
          sigpic
          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
            Oh come on TPTB have been doing the 'carrot and stick' routine to us SJ shippers for years...

Yes they have.

I'm not arguing that. I just have a different philosophy on this than you. I don't feel deceived or deluded. I enjoy what TPTB have written over the years between Sam and Jack - especially in the episode in question. If they never give the shippers any resolution, I will be content in the fact that I have enjoyed a storyline that lasted for over ten years. I will go back and watch the episodes, like D+C, from Seasons 1-8 and enjoy all of things I fell in love with about the show (including the ship).

But I prefer to be grateful for what I have than to get upset or angry over what I don't and may never have. I used to get all bent out of shape about the lack of ship resolution and how much I disliked the show after Season 8. But I realized that it was only making me hate something that I once loved. So now I try to enjoy what I love about the show and to not let the other parts that I don't care for get to me. There are things I still don't like, but I choose to focus on the things I do like. Why should I give TPTB or other fans the power to make me angry and tarnish the joy I have for something I love?

I'm sorry that some fans get upset and I do wish TPTB could give them what they want. But they can't please everyone and I accept that.

Comment

One of my faves because of the confession. I'm serious, me and my mom like jumped up and were like " YES!!!!"
              Sphere…planet. Label…name.
              Following…still…you…not!

Comment

The one thing i did not understand with this episode is, why check with the memory scanner, when all they had to do was check if they had the goauld weapon on them?

Comment

This was a good episode, definitely the best Tok'ra episode of the first half of this season. Ever since Divide and Conquer, we only get temporary individuals to represent the Tok'ra. It begins with Anise leaving after this episode, but in future seasons you can see what I mean. I wonder why they didn't stick with Martouf, does anybody know why TPTB might have decided to kill him off?

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                  The one thing i did not understand with this episode is, why check with the memory scanner, when all they had to do was check if they had the goauld weapon on them?
                  Well I think it's rather obvious that such a device could be hidden extremely well. I have no doubt that the Tok'ra and the SGC searched for the device, but came up empty handed. Did you see how it folded out? Perhaps that was only one stage of the expansion, maybe it could be reduced to the size of a small ring or something like that.
                  sigpic

Comment

forgive my shallowness but i don't like carter's hair. too messy for me. also, anise's outfits. is this really how tokra females dress? i don't think so. there's no need to dress anise so sluttily. the character was interesting enough.

ship? i am neither for or against it. i just don't like it to be obvious. or what others said, forced on me.

i'm not too fond of the tokra, but i kinda like martouf. why'd he have to die?

jack's reaction to freya's advances is very amusing. and the scene when he told daniel about it is even more so.
                    Last edited by L E E; 11 July 2008, 06:56 AM.

Comment

The scenes with Lieutenant Astor always get me.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...d-conquer.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Danny-boy View Post
                        I know, I thought this episode was so cool!!!!

Because Jack and Sam finally have to admit that their relationship is a little deeper.
                        It was sooo sad when Martouf died though.
                        yes it is very cool.In specialy when carter is sedated and she dreams whit jack and the real truth,and then when she gors and tell him about this

Comment

I did like the episode. Being new to SG-1 though, and watching this episode for the first time - I'm not so sure I liked where it's going.

I do get that they love each other, and it was a very good scene where O'Neill admitted to caring about Carter more than he was supposed to. Very moving and well acted. But I'm still not sure whether I think it's a good idea. I guess I'm a little anxious about what will happen next.

I'm not looking to be spoiled here, and even though I haven't seen any future episodes, I obviously know that they'll both stay on SG-1 for years to come. But I really hope this won't be a major plot or storyline throughout the next seasons. I love the whole team, and I can't see how the team will work if the dynamics change drastically. So yes, I do feel a little apprehensive about all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Verdande View Post
                            I did like the episode. Being new to SG-1 though, and watching this episode for the first time - I'm not so sure I liked where it's going.

I do get that they love each other, and it was a very good scene where O'Neill admitted to caring about Carter more than he was supposed to. Very moving and well acted. But I'm still not sure whether I think it's a good idea. I guess I'm a little anxious about what will happen next.

I'm not looking to be spoiled here, and even though I haven't seen any future episodes, I obviously know that they'll both stay on SG-1 for years to come. But I really hope this won't be a major plot or storyline throughout the next seasons. I love the whole team, and I can't see how the team will work if the dynamics change drastically. So yes, I do feel a little apprehensive about all this.
                            IMO, the relationship between Jack and Sam never overshadows the team or any of the other characters in any of the seasons. I'm a shipper though. Anti-shippers have a completely different perspective on this issue. It all depends on how sensitive about the ship you are. If you hate it with a passion, you are probably going to feel there is way too much focus on it all the way to the end of Season 8. If you don't like it but can tolerate it, you can probably ignore most of the references to it and still really enjoy the show. If you like it but also really like team episodes, you will probably be happy with how the writers handled it.

In Season 4, there are probably the most episodes that deal with their relationship and their feelings. When watching some of the episodes later in the season, you might even feel that the ship is a bit too blatant. Just be patient. The writers pretty much move on from it in Seasons 5, 6, and most of Season 7. There are just a few little remarks and hints here and there in those seasons, but nothing too over the top.

In the latter part of Season 7 and in Season 8, there are more references and stories based around the relationship. Again, I personally think that it never interfered with the stories or the focus on the other characters and team. But if you are sensitive about the ship, you might not like these two seasons as much. There are still plenty of Daniel, Teal'c, and team eps in these seasons.

There are only a couple of references to the ship in Seasons 9 and 10, but then there is another ship that was introduced between Daniel and Vala.

I think you will still enjoy the show and where it is going. Unless you absolutely hate the relationship for some reason, you will either enjoy most of the hints and references or you can ignore them for the most part.

Comment

If you like it but also really like team episodes, you will probably be happy with how the writers handled it.
                              Melora, thank you for a great and unspoilery review of the status of the ship throughout the series, you actually managed to reassure me a little as to where this is heading.

It's not so much that I'm an anti-shipper, but I'm not really sure that I'm a shipper either. I’m a little surprised that I enjoy the series as much as I find myself doing, and I think a lot of my enjoyment comes from the characters and the increasingly textured relationships between them. The technology, mythology, explosions, and science never quite grip me the same way.

And I really don’t know what I would see as a good solution for Carter and O'Neill as things are right now, I really do like the characters and I sympathize with the hopelessness of their situation. I guess that as long as the fundamental friendship, loyalty and trust between all the team members, isn’t overshadowed by O’Neill and Carter’s romantic feelings for each other, I can enjoy that part of their relationship too.

Comment

i like this episode the feelings between O'Neil and Samantha most entertaining i also love the fact that because they both didn't want others to know of there feelings for each other subconsciously they were thought to be the enemy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X