Pretense (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
    Well said Lunaeclipse. I don't think he was that whiney at all. In fact he was trying to fight to stay alive and have complete control of his body, and that to me was worth the effort to whine (of sorts).

LOL @ the Lya comment. haha.
    I think that people also forget that in the movie Skaara was also suppose to be young. In the movie and early in the series he gets called one of the kids. In Children Of The Gods it's only supposed to be about a year or so later, so how old is Skaara supposed to be in Pretense?

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Actually I haven't seen the movies AT ALL so I can't comment. Basically I'm basing my opinion on what I saw in this episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
        Actually I haven't seen the movies AT ALL so I can't comment. Basically I'm basing my opinion on what I saw in this episode.
        The movie is awesome.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Must go and find a copy of it then. haha
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
            I think that people also forget that in the movie Skaara was also suppose to be young. In the movie and early in the series he gets called one of the kids. In Children Of The Gods it's only supposed to be about a year or so later, so how old is Skaara supposed to be in Pretense?
            Sorry to quote myself. Rewatched it again. It says that Skaara was on Abydos with Ra three years before when Pretense is set.

'Zippy' : "Until three years ago, the humans on Abydos lived under Goa'uld law..."

So I would guess he's still supposed to be young...ish...

Comment

Not amazing but certainly and interesting episode. It's great to see Skaara again, but I wish he had been utilised a lot more throughout the show. Being back with the Tollan is great, nice introduction of the absolutely ridiculous (but fun) Zipacna, and we get lovely Lya back. Score.

It's just a shame that, outside of the courtroom scenes, it's a pretty dull episode. The little adventure to get the gun emplacements working again is hardly exciting. The point where the episode ends also feels a bit unresolved, I want to know a little more about what Skaara has to say (isn't he curious about his sister), what his plans are now, the SGC's new relationship with the Tollan, etc.

- I like the location used for the Tollan homeworld. It looks like a university campus (is that what it really is?).

- Clever Tollan to build their own Stargate.

- I don't have any understanding of Tollan tech, but it surprised me that Narim was able to come through the Stargate and pass through the iris. The iris apparantly doesn't even allow matter to reintegrate, so that's a little confusing.

- Teal'c is on form in this one.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post

- I like the location used for the Tollan homeworld. It looks like a university campus (is that what it really is?).
                Yeah, that's what it is, the Simon Fraser University.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Nice website, thanks.
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

This was an interesting episode that brought together all these different races with their own views of what constitutes intelligent advanced life!

The poor humans of the SGC get the short straw to start with, what with the Goa'uld seeing them as no more than a less intelligent species to be used for whatever purpose they saw fit. Seen as less advanced and 'young' by the Tollan and Nox. Good old human persistence in the face of prejudice from the Tollan and their feeling of smug superiority, and mistrust of the Goa'uld and their singular mindedness in destroying any race more advanced than them and taking their technolgy won out in the end. It saved the Tollan's home world and it was interesting to see the thin line Lya walked when she helped.

It was good to see Skarra freed from his torment as a host. I wonder if the Tok'ra actually took Klo'rel to the agreed planet or did they kill him? It was not in their interest to see the Goa'uld take another host and go back to its evil ways.

I always thought the location had a great futuristic look on screen.

The Tollan's have a web cam too

http://www.vancouver.com/webcam-disp...vocation-mall/

The view from there is lovely too as SFU sits on top of Burnaby Mountain. When the sun catches the windows and the light colour of the concrete its built of in the early morning sun it looks like a futuristic city sitting high on top of the mountain when viewed driving towards it. It's these sorts of things that livened up the drudgery of the commute when I worked in Burnaby.

Comment

Not an episode I feel the need to rewatch. I did my best, but ended up fast forwarding through quite a bit.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

More than any other ep, Teal'c shows what a leader he is. He knows what is going to happen if he does not act, but persists to think through the problem to find the solution with the best chance of gaining support of a useful ally.

Always wished there were more Tollan eps, on or off "campus" (thanks for the links). Their arrogance was bound to be their downfall; similar to the Asgard and, we must assume potentially the Furlings.

The banners that hung in respective quarters reminded me of Hogwarts more than anything else. Cool sets and design. And honorable mention acting credit must go to Schrödinger. He came through the 'gate on wobbly legs and promptly lay down to nap. Smart feline.

Comment

Good to see Skaara in this ep. So glad they take Klorel out of him. Wish we saw way more of Skaara as he was one of my favourite characters.

The Tollan are still as arrogant as ever. The Goa'uld attack should have been a big wake up call. Although it's not every day they have Jaffa troops on the planet.

The lasers targeting all the Tollan cannons was cool. The only time we ever see that I believe.

Great to see the Nox as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                            Good to see Skaara in this ep. So glad they take Klorel out of him. Wish we saw way more of Skaara as he was one of my favourite characters.

The Tollan are still as arrogant as ever. The Goa'uld attack should have been a big wake up call. Although it's not every day they have Jaffa troops on the planet.

The lasers targeting all the Tollan cannons was cool. The only time we ever see that I believe.

Great to see the Nox as well.
                            It was just a little disappointing that after the symbiote was removed that he didn't get to help with the fight...

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                              Finally, Skaara is free again!
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                Yeah, that's what it is, the Simon Fraser University.
                                At games, the student population gets great delight in shouting "SFU, SFU..."

Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
                                X