No announcement yet.

Deadman Switch (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode, and I'm sorry to hear that we'll never see Aris Boch again. Great character!
    sigpic

Comment

Rewatched it again . After he explains what he can get for them in a trade, there is a bit that reminds me of Beetlejuice lol.

Jack is random in this episode. The part where he keeps saying 'of course' is funny, but not as funny as Aris zatting himself and then Jack zatting him to make sure. One of my favourite episodes.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

THe escape pods have a chevron symbol incorporated into them
        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
        ---
        sigpic

Comment

8.5/10

I personally liked the character of Aris and the humor in this episode. It's too bad that the writers once again prevented SG-1 from acquiring useful technology. I guess it was their way of milking the series by keeping earth limited in regards to technology.
          Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

When Aris says: "I hate Goa'uld, you hate 'em. Everybody hates Goa'ulds."
            It reminds me of Beetlejuice when he says "You want to somebody out of your house. I want to get somebody out of your house." and then when Jack actually says Beetlejuice as a guess for a password I can't help but wonder...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

FLASH! AH-AAH! SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE! Oh, Sam J. Jones is awesome here.

One of my favourite SG-1 episodes, so much fun to watch. Of all the characters that the show introduced over the years, Aris has to be amongst the top 5 best and certainly one of the ones who really deserved to have further episodes. This is a classic which highlights SG-1 really working as a team when they are forced to sort out a situation on their own.

The only thing which doesn't quite fit is the ending, which appears very rushed. Aris changes his mind awfully fast upon seeing the Tok'ra trying to commit suicide. Other than that, this is a near flawless episode and very funny throughout.

- First appearance of a Goa'uld cargo ship

- First appearacce of a cloaking device. It's strange, whenever the team encounter new Goa'uld technology Teal'c says that he has never seen it before. It would appear that every important Goa'uld invention was put into circulation the day after Teal'c switched sides.

- First appearance of crystals in Goa'uld tech (although not the first mention, Carter talked about them in 'Torment of Tantalus').

- At the end when Aris blows up his ship, he says it's because he removed the crystal. I might be confused, but this appears to be opposite of what he said earlier in the episode, when he mentions that the self-destruct is only activated when all 3 crystals are IN place. Weird.

RATING: 9 out of 10
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

This ep is favored for its high humor and Daniel's eye blinking. sigh.

The comedy starts right away when Daniel first walks into the energy field. "Found it!" Such timing he has!
                Jack has many great lines as well, "Put your hand up!" but he and Daniel are really fun to watch. Accessing the cargo ship, discussing the ship's bomb, Daniel's reaction to Aris Bock being tickled by the zat.

The sad fate of Aris Boch's people, being slaves to the Rashna just like the Jaffa are bound to their symbiotes might be the only serious moment in the entire episode. Speaking of Teal'c, what courage to trade his own freedom for the Tok'ra. But then, being buffeted around when the cargo ship begins to take off...well, I'm reminded of his puppet in 200!

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                "tacs"
                "zat'nik'tels?"
                "tacluchnatagamuntoron"
                "....."
                "tacs"
                Made the later ep's discussion of In'tars that much more funny!

Comment

I could never decide if I liked or disliked this episode. The comedy took over, but it seemed misplaced to me with the constant game of SG-1 and Aris Boch trying to outdo each other and with such smug attitudes. It became irritating fast for me and all the interesting more serious moments seemed lost in it.

After this rewatch it ended up in my dislike column. I was still impressed by the effect of the cargo ship on the ground and taking off, that was pretty well done and stood the test of time quite well I thought.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                    Very funny episode.
                    You know what else is funny? A few in this thread have mentioned that the guy who played Aris Boch was the same guy who starred in the 80's version of Flash Gordon, and just as I was finishing my writeup for this ep, I heard the Queen song 'Flash' from that film on Planet Rock.
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. So SG1 run into a shield...and then run into 'this' dodgy geezer!

2. "Barkna" "Well if it was Barkna the door would open now wouldn't it?"

3. Rewatching this I was trying to remember how Teal'c escaped.

4. I can only assume that Sam Jones turned out to be too expensive to make a recurring character.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

So, let's see. I thought it was a slightly better than average episode.

So this guy wants SG-1 to capture a Goa'uld, who turns out to be a Tok'ra.

And this build up to the introduction of Sokar is pretty exciting.

Tomorrow, the Unas(?) are back.
                        sigpic

Comment

Another one of those forgotten storylines which is unfortunate as I really liked it. Aris Booch was such an interesting foil for SG1 I am disappointed that we never saw him. Despite the cunning of Sg1 Aris always seems able to out smart them. I found him quite complex in his motives and reasons why he does and the almost friendly attiude he had for SG1 despite being their enemy. I also found him tracking Goa'uld weapons to be quite interesting.

If thier is one compliant its how easy he switches sides and frees SG1 and the Tokra. His reservations about the Goa'uld was hardly unexpected but the letting everyone go was quite fast
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Theres a lot of technology in this episode other than an Al'kesh that we don't see later on. I really liked the character Aris Boch and it sucks we don't see him again. In all I really enjoyed watching this episode.
                            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starscape91 View Post
                              Theres a lot of technology in this episode other than an Al'kesh that we don't see later on. I really liked the character Aris Boch and it sucks we don't see him again. In all I really enjoyed watching this episode.
                              That wasn't an Al'kesh. The first Al'kesh doesn't appear until the Season 4 finale. This was the first episode to show a cargo ship
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                That wasn't an Al'kesh. The first Al'kesh doesn't appear until the Season 4 finale. This was the first episode to show a cargo ship
                                http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Aris_Boch%27s_Tel%27tak

Comment

Working...
                                X