Deadman Switch (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
    Was there anything between Sam and Aris Boch? I've read a few different fanfic that feature the two of them getting steamy, usually after the conversation about "You have nothing valuable to trade", implying that Sam used sex as a way of bartering with him. Did something happen in the ep that I hadn't picked up on before?

Would gaining an upper hand against the goauld be important enough to Sam that she would consider doing something like that?
    What do you want Carter to be? A cheap you-know-what? Stargate doesn't belong to a category where sex buys everything and can solve any problem. I hope I'm not alone here.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
      What do you want Carter to be? A cheap you-know-what? Stargate doesn't belong to a category where sex buys everything and can solve any problem. I hope I'm not alone here.
      You're not. I honestly don't see where the above poster thinks sex for every piece of dialogue that isn't iron tight.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Lurid fanon /fanfics are not proof of intentional or accidental sleaze in-show: nor does reading and the taking seriously of fanfics equate to "proof" of any character being promiscuous.

Also,GW has never been the place to bring in smut or bash characters.Read our rules,Claire!
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

What Bagpuss says, and standing with Anja and Jelgate.

I may not like Carter as much as I do other characters but damn it, have some respect for her. Jezus, she's not a cheap whatever. She's a smart, beautiful woman, who made it first to Captain, then to Major and eventually Lieutenant-Colonel because she's worth it. Not because of good looks or foolin' around with the right people. That's not Carter. That Carter simply doesn't exist.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

THIS...

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            You're not. I honestly don't see where the above poster thinks sex for every piece of dialogue that isn't iron tight.
            THIS..

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Lurid fanon /fanfics are not proof of intentional or accidental sleaze in-show: nor does reading and the taking seriously of fanfics equate to "proof" of any character being promiscuous.

Also,GW has never been the place to bring in smut or bash characters.Read our rules,Claire!
            THIS...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            What Bagpuss says, and standing with Anja and Jelgate.

I may not like Carter as much as I do other characters but damn it, have some respect for her. Jezus, she's not a cheap whatever. She's a smart, beautiful woman, who made it first to Captain, then to Major and eventually Lieutenant-Colonel because she's worth it. Not because of good looks or foolin' around with the right people. That's not Carter. That Carter simply doesn't exist.
            THIS...

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Claire

If all you want to do is speculate about Sam (or any other character's sex lives) then you need to find another place to play.

And this is not me speaking as a poster, this is me speaking as the manager of this forum and with the support and agreement of the other mods and members.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You're not alone. And she's already been sort of reprimanded by Sky for this continual obsession with Sam and sex, yet she's continuing to try to hook Sam up with just about every man walking. This is really disrespectful to the character.

Comment

It will always be Sam/the computer to me. She is too obsessed with her work to really go with her work
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It will always be Sam/the computer to me. She is too obsessed with her work to really go with her work
                    And her bike... even though I think we only see that once which is a damn shame cause it's a mean machine.

Comment

Let's move on from Claire and back to the episode huh?

Me personally? I always wanted Flash Gordon to come back. He was such a fun rogueish character.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, she does have human traits of character!!!
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          Let's move on from Claire and back to the episode huh?

Me personally? I always wanted Flash Gordon to come back. He was such a fun rogueish character.
                          I met Sam Jones at London Film and Comic Con a few years ago...and got him to sign my big Stargate book, where I've been collecting signatures for over 8 years...I think he was a little surprised that I talked purely Stargate with no mention of FG at all.. ...he looked pretty much the same too, just a little older....nice man (teased the heck out of Brian Blessed who was also there for FG stuff & sitting down the row a bit from him )

I really like this episode....there are some great little set pieces with the whole team and the bit about Daniel Jackson being worth "the price of a sandwich" and then the "backhanded compliment" about being worth a lot more at the end...

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I really wonder what Daniel was really worth - probably a fortune, and he probably wouldn't have to be alive either (they could always revive him).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              I really wonder what Daniel was really worth - probably a fortune, and he probably wouldn't have to be alive either (they could always revive him).
                              The question would have to be asked by who and at what time. Daniel is more valuable at the end of the series mainly because he knows more about cultures and languages. The biggest one is his knowledge of the Ancients.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

His price doubled ten times over by the end. Aris wouldn't have to work a day in his life after that payday.

Comment

Working...
                                X