No announcement yet.

Into the Fire (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack & Sam look great in the white suits. Lots of shipper moments between them, especially the hug after Hathor was killed.

Favourite Jack's lines:
    "it has her eyes"
    "the grey doesn't bother you?"
    sigpic
    Sign by me

Comment

"ya heard me, i said kree" lmao i am glad that
      Spoiler:
      hathor got killed in this episode

Comment

I really wasn't impressed with this episode. After watching the first two seasons and then this all in the span of about of two weeks, it's obvious to me everyone was a little bit out of character - especially Christopher Judge. His voice was completely different than what I'm used to hearing from Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbreaker View Post
          I really wasn't impressed with this episode. After watching the first two seasons and then this all in the span of about of two weeks, it's obvious to me everyone was a little bit out of character - especially Christopher Judge. His voice was completely different than what I'm used to hearing from Teal'c.
          Watch "The Fifth Man" from Season 5. I guess CJ had a cold or something.
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

The only thing i liked about this episode was seeing hammond out of the office.
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode! It had some really really good lines:
              "It has her eyes"
              "I said KREE!"
              and best of all"YEEEHAAAAA!!!"
              But I do have one question:

Spoiler:
              When Jack get the snake put in his head and it dies due to the carbon freezing, why doesn;t he have naquada left in his system like Sam?
              "The heart does things for reasons that reason doesn't understand"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jack's petunia View Post
                I loved this episode! It had some really really good lines:
                "It has her eyes"
                "I said KREE!"
                and best of all"YEEEHAAAAA!!!"
                But I do have one question:

Spoiler:
                When Jack get the snake put in his head and it dies due to the carbon freezing, why doesn;t he have naquada left in his system like Sam?
                Because the Goa'uld never blended with Jack.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Because the Goa'uld never blended with Jack.
                  Ah. Thank you! Makes sense now.
                  "The heart does things for reasons that reason doesn't understand"
                  sigpic

Comment

YeeHaw Seeing Hammond off world was the best part.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                      There's no guarantee, alas, that freezing would work once the Goa'uld is fully settled. The symbiote that Hathor implanted in Jack hadn't taken control of him, and therefore its death would not have taken him with it. That's always a bit of a risk - killing the symbiote without taking the host, too.

There's no reason why they didn't raise a glass to her in a pub somewhere - just that they did it 'off camera'. That means we can imagine it and be satisfied that they did!
                      eewww. Does that mean Jack still has a dead symbote in there?

One question about Jack and Zat's

Um second shot kills right? Does that mean from the same zat gun? In Within the serpents grasp/lair I'm sure they use two different ones for the zat demo. So when Klorel shot him and the tokra shoots him in this one ... shouldn't Jack be...um...dead? (Not that I'd be happy if he was. I'm just saying.)
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 April 2010, 06:46 AM. Reason: You don't need to spoiler tag early ep discussion points.:)

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

the shot wears off after a while
                        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                          the shot wears off after a while
                          Awesome.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I expect a dead symbiote would get absorbed by Jack, just like Jolinar was absorbed by Carter. I liked this better than the 2nd season finale, it was so wonderful to see Hammond out of the office.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dang that girl is icky...Hate the part where she puts the Goa'uld in Jack. hooray for Makepeace...just in the nick of time. Thank goodness for the Tok'ra gal. whew.
                              Love the action. That's the most amount of firepower we've seen in awhile, isn't it? Go Marines! the gate looked fantastic lit up like that.
                              uh...how long does it take to figure out you can't shoot through the pretty blue energy barrier? hmmm...
                              It was cool to see a mixture of Serpent and Horus guards together.
                              It was cool when Teal'c was a dressed up again in his suit of armor. I always like that. It's interesting to see the beginnings of the Jaffa rebellion starting to grow. Teal'c took the first step in S1, he and Bra'tac took a bigger leap in the S1/S2 two parter...and here comes the 1st public exposure and development.
                              oooh Surprise...General Hammond!!! I love how Bra'tac always waves his hand over his head when greeting "Hammond of Texas."
                              whew...buhbye Hathor. and a lovely happy hug...a long one too. : )
                              This was a much more involved and action oriented episode than I had remembered (and much better than the first of this 2 parter).
                              Jack's speech as he's walking to the stargate was priceless! He'd make a super cocky Goa'uld if he ever was totally taken over. ; )
                              That was a cool space ship Bra'tac found in the woods. too bad we couldn't get more of those! : )
                              I love episodes where multiple factions work together (Jaffa/Tok'ra/Tau'ri). too cool. I love the end, Jack puts his arm around Daniel. Love their friendship. nice touch.
                              Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                                This season opener has moments of absolute brilliance to me (Jack's "Kree!"), but it also has parts that I notice I always fast forward. Mostly all the stuff with Teal'c and the Jaffa. I never like Teal'c as the inspirational speaker. The lines are always overdramatic and cliche. I feel like he is always saying the same thing. So the parts with Jack, Sam, Daniel, and the other SG teams, I would rate an 8, but the rest?...I don't even bother to watch.
                                I have to agree, I didn't like Teal'cs motivational speech. I actually found it cringe worthy.

Hathor's death was a bit anticlimactic, and boy does her security stink.

I'd rate this episode an 8/10 which is pretty weak for a season premier and conclusion to a two parter.
                                Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Working...
                                X