No announcement yet.

The Fifth Race (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, device was built by altered Jack, and fixed by TWO (2) Sams. Only couple of times a decade you get a chance of two Carters working together
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      Actually, the two Carters were able to repair this energy generator
      The notion that the device was broken was never very convincing. It was designed for one-time use, Carter said. Okay, I see that. It consumed a staff weapon's energy capsule. Use it, and the energy's gone. Why not replace the capsule with a fresh one? The device itself doesn't blow up, fall apart, alter itself into a new configuration. It sits there, waiting to be re-fueled.

Comment

I have to say that I liked this episode A LOT!
        Asgard aliens are so cool!!

Comment

Totally cool and this was one my favorite episodes in the whole series. If you like the Asgard you won't be disappointed .
          At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

I'm glad to hear that!

Comment

Am I the only one who wanted to see an Asgard stargate when O'Neill arrives? It would be so nice to see a purple chevroned gate with Asgard runes as glyphs in that small scene when he arrives and falls down on the stairs. 3-4 seconds of CGI couldn't be so expensive. I always hoped they will change it in the future DVD releases.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I could have sworn we did see an asgard gate in that ep.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  I could have sworn we did see an asgard gate in that ep.
                  Looks the same as the SGC one to me...
                  "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This is a good point. I don't think they said the device that Jack built actually burned out or anything like that. It's too bad they couldn't re-use it later to dial farther out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Builder View Post
                      This is a good point. I don't think they said the device that Jack built actually burned out or anything like that. It's too bad they couldn't re-use it later to dial farther out.
                      They did use it again, in an alternate universe (after taking it from ours). Maybe they left it there.
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Yes, I remember, but I just don't get why they didn't take it with them? Maybe the Carter and Kawalski didn't from the alt. reality didn't want to give it up, which would make sense. But then why couldn't "our" Carter fix the one back in her own reality? I guess the darn thing just fell through the cracks. Oh well.
                        sigpic

Comment

If I remember it was depleted, but they have rebuilt it in 3x06.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Okay just watched this episode (my first time). I am just going through SG-1 now. So far this has been my favorite episode. Watching O'Neill existing as a duality was interesting, seeing him using his human mind as little more than an observer while the knowledge inbued in him actually programmed him in a way to go to Asgard was genius. I look forward to seeing more of this.

Comment

I don't think O'Neill was just an "observer" during this, nor was he a duality. The knowledge was just knowledge, not another entity. The knowledge inserted into his brain by the Ancient device overwrote some of his own knowledge, at least temporarily, but O'Neill's own consciousness was still the only one in his mind, and he struggled to interpret the knowledge even subconsciously, eventually locating the Asgard as his hope of help.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

This episodes is one of my favorites because it was the second episode to give the audience information about the ancients it was an episode which formed the whole series about the ancients other then "Torment Of Tantalus" one of my favorites aswell
                                sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

Working...
                                X