No announcement yet.

The Fifth Race (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone watched this episode on iTunes? They changed one of the Asgard's voice from the broadcast episode, from being a deep, masculine sounding voice to a higher, feminine sounding voice. Go figure.

Comment

Really good episode. Was a little sad seeing Jack slowly fade away and do things that made no sense, even to him. Had to laugh at Carter's second command mission going about as well as her first though.
      http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

I liked Daniel's quote: It means The Place of our Legacy... or the piece of our leg.

This is my second favourite episode behind The Lost City Two-Parter.

Comment

I do wonder.. What would have happened if someone else had gotten their head 'sucked'..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I do wonder.. What would have happened if someone else had gotten their head 'sucked'..
            Like Sam?
            Oh boy, we would be all using flying cars and personal teleportation devices
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
              Like Sam?
              Oh boy, we would be all using flying cars and personal teleportation devices
              No. Sam's pervious intelligence is irrelvent to the Ancient donwload into her mind
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                No. Sam's pervious intelligence is irrelvent to the Ancient donwload into her mind
                are you sure? I am certain that Sam's brain activity and intelligence would have been very useful in absorbing and using ancient knowledge. jack is just a normal guy, not a brainiac. Look what Rodney was able to do when he accidentally done something to himself during Tao of Rodney. Jack was just trying to figure out what a hell is happening to him and tried to hang on while there was some major redesigns happening in his brain.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes. As Fasier said its too much knowledge for the human brain to handle. Sam may be smart but her brain is still human
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

jelgate, human brains from every individual are different. Also every person is different in their attitude to things surrounding them. Jack is a simple man, who isn't interested in science what so ever. yet Sam is feeding on science and gadgets and stuff. She would be right in place with all that knowledge.
                    sigpic

Comment

While to a certain degree that is true regardless of a person's intelligence and use of the brain, the human brain has limits. It was pretty well established that the Ancient head sucker was beyond the capablity of the human brain
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Although it always bugged me they never used the device Jack built in the later seasons as an alternate for ZPMs.
                        Me too. They could cannibalize a staff weapon any time they need the power for an inter-galactic connection.

Edit: Yes, an all-time favorite episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                          Me too. They could cannibalize a staff weapon any time they need the power for an inter-galactic connection.

Edit: Yes, an all-time favorite episode.
                          That's a good question. They state later that they couldn't get it to work again, but in Point of View they are able to duplicate it for the Alt-Carter to contact the Asgard. So it's not like they couldn't have recreated the device.

Comment

Actually, the two Carters were able to repair this energy generator (Point of View) Jack had built (for one-time use) using the knowledge from the Ancient Repository (The Fifth Race) by using what Sam (or both Sams?) had learned from studying the (plans of the) naquadah generator the Orbanians had lend them during a cultural exchange (Learning Curve), so AlternateCarter and -Kawalsky could go to Othala in their own reality to ask those Asgard for help (Point of View). It all worked out in the episode, but they left the energy generator behind in the alternate reality and since the Carters had only fixed the machine and were unable to recreate it, they could never use it again in future episodes.

Don't you just love continuity?
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Its kind of stupid on SG-1's part to leave it behind.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah, okay. Apparently I remembered that incorrectly. But that does explain why it wasn't used again.

Comment

Working...
                                X