No announcement yet.

Bane (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated the bugs but overall loved the ep. Teal'c was great in this one, poor guy. Can't stand the look of Mayborne so I'm just as glad I can't smell him! I did like Allie though, and those super soakers at the end were funny. I think it's the first time we've seen any indication that Teal'c has a sense of humor.
    sigpic

Comment

Jack O'Neill: UGLY BUG... it's Dragonfly with Scopion. *slow gun at big bug*

*Scopion tail bite Teal'c's back*

*gun shot at bug*

* run away from big bug flying*

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Ok so really "big ugly huge honken" bugs isn't exactly breaking any new SciFi ground...but still this wasn't a horrible episode. I can see why some don't like it. This is only the 2nd time I've actually watched it...but I found it to be a solid eppy on rewatch. Not too original maybe, but filled with good moments.
        I really really like the beginning. In some ways, S1 and 2 almost seem like they had a bit more creativity on the locations...instead of the same old primitive/medevel village. The planet looked very interesting, would have loved to know more about that culture. Were the bugs some experiment gone astray and took over the population? hmmm...a good horror movie leading into a good SciFi scenario.

Ob boy, Junior isn't helping. you know that's not good. So Teal'c stood by Jack when the alien orb skewered him...now they get to switch positions, a real nice bit of balance.

Ooh.I forgot Mayborne was in this one. It's been awhile since I've seen the first seasons...by later seasons, I really like Mayborne, but here he is a slimeball again. I love how the animosity builds up between Jack and Harry through the seasons...the beginning of a beautiful "friendship."

"permission to beat the crap out of this man." love it! Mayborne even looked scared. ; ) "I'm not gonna hit you, I'm gonna shoot ya."

Poor poor Teal'c. I love all the conversation between the girl and teal'c.

ooohh...mark it down, Jack said "Daniel was right." amazing. I really love going back to the early episodes and seeing their friendship when it wasn't so complicated.

I cracked up when Sam was spraying the bug and Jack had to repeat himself to get her to stop! Go Sam...don't let that thing live! : )

Of course...love the end... "How else?" : )
        Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

4/10

Not much to say, the end was cute. And at least this could act, unlike the boy playing Teal'cs son.
          Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

The best part of this episode is the ending. I love it. Teal'c is learning to play, and let his inner child out. Wait! Do Jaffa have an inner child? I'm sure he and Ally had great fun chasing each other around the building, and may be ambushing Daniel while they were at it.

And to be able to buy the bigger gun, Teal'c must be getting some sort of payment from the SGC/U.S. Govt. for his participation in the program. Otherwise, how would the SGC explain the expense of the water gun on it's financial report?

I also find it interesting that Teal'c is out in public without a hat to cover the emblem on his forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I also find it interesting that Teal'c is out in public without a hat to cover the emblem on his forehead.

Weren't they in Chicago? 'nuff said.

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
                Weren't they in Chicago? 'nuff said.
                I had the impression they were in or near Colorado Springs, since that's where they were when Teal'c escaped the van that Maybourne had him in after leaving Cheyenne Mountain. He escaped through the woods and wound up in some rundown area of Colorado Springs.

Comment

2/10 nothing positive to say about this one. sorry.

Comment

Showed a different side of Teal'c and interacted him with 'normal' people. It was probably an eperience that taught him something about Earth people without the cover of any of Sg1.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Meh. It's an okay episode, I don't enjoy the scenes with Ally. She just seems too arrogant and obnoxious, and why on Earth isn't she terrified of Teal'c? He's clearly a biohazard of some description! Maybourne was indeed at his most unlikable here, it's amazing how enjoyable he becomes to watch later.

The bug things are awesome, not that I would ever want to meet one! The puppet effects aren't brilliant, but some of the CG shots are good fun and nicely integrated. The bugs bursting from the dead body was done well. Some good character growth for Teal'c, the first steps we've seen towards him understanding human culture a bit more, and even having fun with it at the end.

I think the best part of the episode is the discussion about how Teal'c forehead emblem is made! For the most part, though, this episode is by-the-numbers dull sci-fi cheesiness.

RATING: 4 out of 10
                      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Not the best episode, and its one I really don't revisit . I literally didn't recognize most of it during this run through. Not very memorable although the bug things are pretty nasty. I also found it weird to see the Ally actress so small, as I tend to recognize her as the older Cassie.

Comment

An alright episode, though I wish they had explained where the bugs came from. If they were native to the planet then I doubt the people would have advanced as far as they did before getting wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by SG3Marine View Post
                            An alright episode, though I wish they had explained where the bugs came from. If they were native to the planet then I doubt the people would have advanced as far as they did before getting wiped out.
                            I agree! This goes on my list of "might have been cool to know more about _____." Of course, my 1st thought in most situations like this is: Maybe that was what happened to the Furlings!

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I really don't care for this episode. I think most of it is gross. I guess since that was probably what they were going for they did a good job.

Do love the tension between Jack and Maybourne. Jack disliked him as just another generic bad guy in Enigma. Now that he's threatened Jack's team the animosity has become personal.

Comment

Pretty cool ep. The part where the bugs came out of the cocooned person reminded me of a scene from Stephen Kings The Mist.

Loved the ending with the water guns
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X