Bane (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LiveJournal post
    I guess I'm one of the few who loves this ep.. Maybe it helps that I'm not very easily grossed out.
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Is it just me, but didn't that swarm swooping down on SG-1 seem to hold back giving them a chance to get back through the gate, they couldn't have had enough time to dial out?!!!

That always bugged me, ...yeah,yeah.... just had to say it!

This episode is another one I usually skip if I'm re-watching old episodes. It was however as gross this time as the first time. I hated the sound they made... ugh!!! Poor old Teal'c. Jack saved the day again with his straightforward thoughts on how to help Teal'c's larval Goa'uld. I love the way he does that. Always good to see Maybourne again, he and Jack play off each other so well.

The place is bug free now.....Vancouver Olympics 2010 076.jpg

It was filmed at the 'Plaza of Nations' on False Creek in Vancouver.

Comment

I will admit that I did not watch this episode for rewatch. Somehow too gross for me.
        It was great to see young actress who later become older Cassie
        Also, the scene where Jack asked Hammond for a permission to beat the crap out of Maybourne was funny. Especially Maybourne's reaction, he really thought that Hammond will permit
        sigpic

Comment

Another instance where someone asks to be killed rather than allow the consequences of a foreign substance to spread.
          Jack's allegiance to Teal'c is fundamental to the resolution in this episode. He continues to push, gently or abruptly, inside and outside the SGC to recover his friend.
          Teal'c being in that much pain is rare, and Chris Judge took on a tough and unsavory job dealing with all the make up requirements of the show.
          Best line delivery: "I'm not gonna hit you, Maybourne, I'm gonna shoot you." I also loved Daniel's reaction to being asked to help Timothy disect the bug and the water gun ending.

Comment

Anyone else think of the Star Trek episode in which a creature attached itself to Spock, causing mayhem?

Same storyline here.

I did like the water gun ending.

"How else would she defend herself?" *squirt*
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I don't why this one gets such a bad rep. Its not great but I have seen far worse in SG1's run. Its a filler episode and that is not a bad thing but the episode has no lasting impacts on future episodes. It is nice to see where Tealc stands on death. Not surprising given his warrior mentality but I like it. One compliant is how Timmothy turns around from villian to ally. Its a little too convient. Its a medcore episode with some drawnback but some shinning moments like how far SG1 went to save Tealc. Funny moments goes to when Hammond hesitated to say no when Jack requested the permission to beat the crap out of Maybourne
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Captain PegLeg, it might have something to do with some insects crawling out of the body. Not everyone is built for that
                I personally don't really rate it as bad, just gross.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  It was filmed at the 'Plaza of Nations' on False Creek in Vancouver.
                  Except for the sudden, and totally out of context, shot of the Seattle skyline.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This is one of the episodes I usually skip over when I watch reruns. The scenes between Jack and Maybourne were hilarious and the ending was kind of cute.
                    My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Another Sunday afternoon...another SG1 ep to catch up on...

1. Frack me I forgot how big those bugs were. I do not like bugs that sting.

2. I can't remember seeing Teal'c in that much pain before or since.

3. Also forgot about Timothy, who was a decent guest character.

Generally, my first impression of it was a corny standalone. Now, it has some cute moments but still...not exactly a classic.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

All in all, not a bad episode. I liked a few things from this episode that redeems it for me.
                        1) Tea'c being changed into a cocoon for the bugs, and how he manages to remain himself in the process
                        2) The bugs were awesome! I wouldn't want to meet one, but they looked very cool.
                        3) The whole Jack/Maybourne vibe, and also the "beat the crap out of this man" is classic Jack
                        4) I like Allie--the street-smart, wise ass, daughter of a cop, who can "smell" whether someone is good or bad. Maybe that was why she wasn't afraid of Tea'c--he smelled like a good person (unlike Maybourne)
                        5) The water gunfight; Daniel getting soaked and Tea'cs line, "How else would she defend herself?"

A confession-I haven't found a Stargate episode that I didn't like

Comment

listen to the end when daniel flaps his shirt....it sounds like a bug wing flapping
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            listen to the end when daniel flaps his shirt....it sounds like a bug wing flapping
                            It does sound like wings, but also it sounds like a wet shirt, been there done that
                            sigpic

Comment

I've never really liked this episode, and usually skip it, but I watched it this time around, and it's not that bad. It's still probably one of my least favorite episodes though. I love the Jack and Maybourne scenes and the end scene withe the water guns was cute. I liked Ally, but I probably would've enjoyed the episode better if there was less of her and Teal'c in the abandoned building, and more of SG1 on the planet with the bugs.
                              sigpic

Comment

I guess I forgot to comment about this ep.

A below average episode, and Daniel get soaked with water.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X