Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
    It was 5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. SG1 in prison, definately a "how are they going to get out.

2. Looking back, the SG9 leader seemed like an idiot.

3. Linea, if someone's got your back, even if everyone else is scared by her...you don't nitpick.

4. Still, I don't think anyone had suspected her of being the "Destroyer of Worlds". Solid ep!
    Daniel did.
    sigpic
    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
      Daniel did.
      I liked that he was actually the one who raised the question about her. So often he's the one willing to help all and sundry without much thought so I liked it that he was being the more cautious this time!
      Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Don't usually revisit this one. I forgot about Hammond going off world, which was a nice surprise. Linea actually seems like a cooler villan than I remember her being. At the end of the ep you kind of do have the fear that she's off to destroy some worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
          Daniel did.
          He suspected 'something'...but on that scale?
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            He suspected 'something'...but on that scale?
            Well, the show lasts 42 minutes...and Sam and Jack didn't bother too muche about Linnea crimes.
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Nindif View Post
              One thing I reflected upon when rewatching this episode was the striking resemblence in design the S2 opening 3 eps have with S1 opening 3 eps:

CotG: Stuck on alien plantet and escape - Serpent Lair: Stuck on alien craft and escape.
              Enemy Within: Goauld inflitrates team member and messes with SGC - Line of Duty: Goauld infiltrates team member and messes with SGC.
              Emancipation: Sam held prisoner, focus on gender, SG1 diplomatic theme, saves the day - Prisoners: Sam (and team) held prisoner, focus on gender, SGC diplomatic theme, saves the day.

Anyone else notice this?
              Wow, I don't think I never noticed that before, interesting.
              sigpic
              Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
              Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

The leaders of the planet was pretty harsh, sending a blind man to prison because of stealing food and sending SG-1 there because they tried to help a man. Glad we don't have a justice system like that where I am from.. Alright episode in my opinion.

Comment

The first appearance of 'The Destroyer of Worlds'.
                  Apparrently 'nice old ladies' who are good at science can't be trusted...

Side note; that slop was disgusting looking! What was it?

Eh, never mind. I don't want to know. *shudders*
                  "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Ever since I have seen this episode and others that came after, I've had this weird theory. Maybe Linea could have been a harcesis. But unlike Shifu, she didn't have Oma to take the corrupting knowledge away from her. The reasons I think this, she had a great deal of knowledge and a seemingly unexplained desire to commit evil acts. Even if she was conflicted about it. As Kera, she told Daniel that she loved him but another part of her wanted to see him dead. Maybe no one will agree with this, but it is just my take on the character.
                    Last edited by tlw; 23 October 2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

An interesting theory, I often wondered why she was called destroyer of worlds when it was on one planet her crimes that got her sent to hedant'e prison were committed.
                      Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                        An interesting theory, I often wondered why she was called destroyer of worlds when it was on one planet her crimes that got her sent to hedant'e prison were committed.
                        I wondered about that myself when I first heard it. I suspect it's "Destroyer of Worlds" because it rolls off the tongue better than "Destroyer of the World" would.

Unless she has previous form for genocide on other planets that we are not told about.
                        sigpic

Comment

According to the former blind guy she was the Destroyer of Worlds and Linea herself said there was a plague that killed thousands and she was blamed, that's why the Taldor sent her to prison. She also referred to the "Island states under the Taldor" when talking to SG-1, with the prison planet presumably falling under it as well. Therefore, it's not unlikely to assume the "Island States" are (on) different planets and perhaps the plague was not confined to one planet either.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I wish they had explored her back story more. But then she wouldn't have been as mysterious. But the hand device she used looked like something similiar to Goa'uld tech.

I realize that the writers had not come up with the term harcesis yet when this episode was produced. But I watched the episodes out of order because I just happened to see it on the Sci-Fi channel one day after it had been on a few years. I think I may have seen Secrets, Maternal Instincts and Absolute Power before I ever saw Prisoners. And the idea just popped into my head that maybe her vast amount of knowledge and her dark side could have come from being a harcesis. One that escaped being hunted down and killed only to end up in Hadante.

Just speculation for fun though.
                            Last edited by tlw; 09 November 2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

She was just evil. Doesn't mean she was harsesis. It was forbidden for Goa'uld to have human offspring and I think Teal'c or Bra'tac would have heard about it if Linea had been one, as they are both over a hundred years old and thus would have been around at the time she was born. A harsesis would have all the knowledge of the Goa'uld so it doesn't make any sense for Linea to have been stuck in the prison and unaware of how the 'gate worked, since even Teal'c as a mere Jaffa knew how to manual dial one and Linea had cold fusion at her disposal. She also wouldn't have needed Sam to explain the 'gate network to her and show her everything on the computers at the SGC.

Oma Desala never removed the knowledge from Shifu's mind either; she merely taught him how to deny his conscious mind and the subconscious evil from the Goa'uld knowledge battle, as that would be the only way to win the battle [and remain unaffected].
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Though it does make you wonder how she controlled that hand device she had...

Comment

Working...
                                X