No announcement yet.

In the Line of Duty (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ep is interesting in that it introduced the Tokra and the Ashrak.

I have not yet seen any other Tokra episodes. So based on this episode alone, I am still unsure whether they are a trustworthy bunch of snakes or not.

I am with Jack on this one. Carter said that Jolinar gave its life so that Carter may live. That's good. But it would not have been in danger in the first place if it did not take over Sam. If the tokra wanted trust, then it should have offerred to let Sam go immediately when it made its presence known. I would find it kinda hard to trust someone when one is hostaging my friend. I find it hard to trust someone who can suppress my mind/will at their whim.

Can goa'uld survive without a host? Is this why the Tokra would only offer to leave Sam alone as soon as it found a new host?

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
      Can goa'uld survive without a host? Is this why the Tokra would only offer to leave Sam alone as soon as it found a new host?
      We have seen mature symbiotes survive in lakes and tanks in future episode. However, I am not sure if a modern Tok'ra or Goa'uld could survive in such conditions for very long.
      sigpic

Comment

Not a bad episode to introduce the Tokra and the Ashrak although a bit of a repeat on season 1 The Enemy Within storyline in a way with, but to be honest probably the bet way to introduce the Tokra, creates a little bit of fear and hope.

I'm not sure if they actually keep the Alpha site up and running yet but I would think they would and should, interesting of gating back to earth they could gate there then do quarantine and medical scans (especially when they are evacuating people) without exposing the entire SGC to anything. Also helps with security.

I guess after the impending destruction of earth the SGC got a bigger budget to have 3 new teams.

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
        Why did they let Cassandra see Sam in such a fragile state?

P.S.- To answer your question, I would not have hugged her because it looked like she needed her space.
        To me it seemed like everyone was visiting her trying to help her come to terms with the lose and get through it. Children can have the capacity to be remarkable forgiving and to help you see through a more similar viewpoint and basically put a smile on your face and forget. Cassandra is kind of an escapism to Sam (the daughter she never had) kind of thing so having her there would only help.

Originally posted by L E E View Post
        This ep is interesting in that it introduced the Tokra and the Ashrak.

I am with Jack on this one. Carter said that Jolinar gave its life so that Carter may live. That's good. But it would not have been in danger in the first place if it did not take over Sam. If the tokra wanted trust, then it should have offerred to let Sam go immediately when it made its presence known. I would find it kinda hard to trust someone when one is hostaging my friend. I find it hard to trust someone who can suppress my mind/will at their whim.

The host was the Torka was original in was dead to escape into Sam was it's only option of survival. On that note you would think Sam would of used one of those protection breathing masks that people carry around to create a barrier to spread of possible diseases people may have when giving mouth to mouth. If it had not of done that and left the host it wouldn't of had any other hosts to choose from and would be very very vulnerable, without any escape or protection from anything. So basically it was that or risk dying yourself.

Survive given the right conditions and protection, I would say so. But really without a host it is nothing but a large snake - it can't do anything productive or have a meaningful existence as it can with a host.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Nice episode. 8/10

Comment

I'm not enamored with Cassie as this team seems to be, I just don't seem to care about her a whole lot. The emotional bond seems contrived, especially with the ending scene. But it did show Sam's anguish and trauma at having to process all that has happened to her with Jolinar. I also liked the Jack/Cassie scenes, showing a softer side to the Colonel.

AT plays this so well. The warm & enthusiastic Carter is a cold, calculating, arrogant & scary Goa'uld ~ who also happens to not really be the bad guy.

Without Jolinar dying for Carter, I doubt anyone would've been able to stomach the Tok'ra as future allies. This introduction to them was nicely done.

Comment

Hi,

I'm new to the series and just started up on season 2.
              I was wondering....during the briefing, Hammond mentions that there a three new SG teams: 10 through 12. Why is this exactly? There doesn't seem to be any explanation for the creation of more teams. In fact, from what I have seen from the show so far, teams 2 through 9 are hardly given any mention or purpose at all (aside from SG-9 in the episode "The First Commandment" and the occasional "bail 'em out" missions). Three more teams just seems excessive and really doesn't add anything to the overall storyline......perhaps in later episodes this will be cleared up??

And possibly I missed this, but is the idea that each team is to serve a specific function? For example, SG-1 does initial recon, SG-2 follows up with in-depth recon, SG-3 provides military assistance, SG-4 provides diplomatic support, etc...

...I'm just curious, because I don't think this was really ever explained in season 1.
              Thanks so much!! =)

Comment

Originally posted by TikTokk View Post
                Hi,

I'm new to the series and just started up on season 2.
                I was wondering....during the briefing, Hammond mentions that there a three new SG teams: 10 through 12. Why is this exactly? There doesn't seem to be any explanation for the creation of more teams. In fact, from what I have seen from the show so far, teams 2 through 9 are hardly given any mention or purpose at all (aside from SG-9 in the episode "The First Commandment" and the occasional "bail 'em out" missions). Three more teams just seems excessive and really doesn't add anything to the overall storyline......perhaps in later episodes this will be cleared up??

And possibly I missed this, but is the idea that each team is to serve a specific function? For example, SG-1 does initial recon, SG-2 follows up with in-depth recon, SG-3 provides military assistance, SG-4 provides diplomatic support, etc...

...I'm just curious, because I don't think this was really ever explained in season 1.
                Thanks so much!! =)
                Howdy!
                Welcome to GW & all it's random zany-ness.
                And, most importantly, welcome to Stargate! I'm re-watching for the first time (so it's my 2nd run-through).

No, you didn't miss some super-secret scene or something. Other teams don't get much screen time. Every now & then, another SG team designation is bandied about with a function of sorts. (a team is mentioned coming up shortly in 'Prisoners', but by no means is the main thrust of the story). I think it's only to give the impression that it's not just Jack/Sam/Daniel/Teal'c saving the universe ~ that the organization is bigger. My opinion. Others here may have another take on it.

Comment

This was a suprizeing Ep, To see Sam gettin takin over by Tok'ra, At least somthing good comes out of it, Later on in Season 2.

Comment

i think introducing the tok'ra was a really good idea imo

Comment

I'm sure this has been mentioned before. I've been re-watching the seasons again and noticed that when Teal'c leaves the brig, just after Jolinar tells him who she is, he scans his ID card to leave. The stripe is facing the wrong way. You can see the stripe side between his fingers as he scans the wrong part of the card. The door beeps and he leaves. It's just one of those things that once you notice it, you can't un-notice it.

Comment

wow i didn't know that i will watch more carefully next time
                        sigpic

Comment

I had a question about this episode. Jack is leaving the cell and Jolinar uses Sam to emotionally gut punch him on the way out but then later tells him that the hosts are the Tokra's "equals". Now I can get that Jolinar may be suppressing Sam in a time of need but she can use Sam to manipulate others. For being a symbiotic create, it seems the Tokra wear the pants in the relationship as they can take command at will.
                          sigpic
                          In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                          "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Indeed. I think that is at the root of Jack's great dislike of being a host even to a Tokra, even when his life is at stake.
                            sigpic

Comment

Amanda tapping was brilliant in this episode. We also get our first look at the Tok'ra.
                              Some say that he has only one ear.
                              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                              All we know is he's called
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                                Why did they let Cassandra see Sam in such a fragile state? Why was it so easy for Cassandra to go into a room by herself with a person who was a Goa'uld just a short time before.

Cassandra, at this point, is the only other person who's had the Goa'uld really mess with her (yeah Teal'c was Apophois' First Prime but he hadn't been experimented on or anything) and the only one who could truly understand what Sam was going through. Sure, she's a child, but children really do have an amazing capacity to understand, empathize and sympathize when going through something this profoundly life-changing. As for why it was so easy for her to go into a room by herself with someone was a recently a blended Goa'uld it's simple...it was still Sam. Cassandra and Sam became close a long time ago, were family and Cassandra trusts her. Children also having the amazing capacity to trust implicitly and to forgive easily (which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the situation.)

Long story short, their family....and that's just the stuff family does for each other....
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X