No announcement yet.

In the Line of Duty (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have missed something, I don't have the time to do some rewatches, so I hope you can help me:

Jolinar died inside of Sam after healing her, because she was fatally hurt and to weak to heal herself, too.

But isn't that the same situation Jacob and Selmak found themselves in in S8? (except for Jake not being hurt that much) So if Jolinar was too weak to leave Sam, why didn't Sam die of symbiote-poison which is set free when a symbiote dies.
    If I recall correctly, Jacob said Selmak would have had to leave him, so he could survive.
    Or is it possible for a symbiote to willingly hold back the poison and I simply can't remember?
    *confused*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
      I may have missed something, I don't have the time to do some rewatches, so I hope you can help me:

Jolinar died inside of Sam after healing her, because she was fatally hurt and to weak to heal herself, too.

But isn't that the same situation Jacob and Selmak found themselves in in S8? (except for Jake not being hurt that much) So if Jolinar was too weak to leave Sam, why didn't Sam die of symbiote-poison which is set free when a symbiote dies.
      If I recall correctly, Jacob said Selmak would have had to leave him, so he could survive.
      Or is it possible for a symbiote to willingly hold back the poison and I simply can't remember?
      *confused*

From Threads (8x18):

Spoiler:
      JACOB
      It's Selmak. He's dying.

CARTER
      Oh, my God, I'm sorry!

JACOB
      It's okay. He's okay. He led a pretty full life.

CARTER
      I didn't live with Jolinar that long, but I think I have some idea of what it's like.

JACOB
      Well, this is a little different, Sam. As you know, when a Tok'ra symbiote dies, they can prevent their host from dying, as Jolinar did with you.

[Carter nods.]

JACOB
      The problem is, that last selfless act requires a certain amount of energy and a conscious effort.

CARTER
      What are you saying?

JACOB
      By all rights, Selmak should have been dead weeks ago. I wouldn't let him go. I thought we needed him, that I needed him to help you stop the Replicators.

CARTER
      Dad?

JACOB
      He hung on as long as he could. Then he slipped into a coma just after we activated the weapon on Dakara.

CARTER
      You've known all this time, since then?

JACOB
      I didn't want to spoil your wedding. Now, I thought we could make it.

CARTER
      (emotionally)
      We?

JACOB
      He's barely alive. I'm gonna die with him, Sam.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

thanks, fems
        sigpic

Comment

First glimpse of the Tok'raa!

Observations:
          -Sam was clearly affected by the fact that Jolinar saved her life. It's what makes her the most receptive to the Tok'Raa later.
          -Jack, of course, doesn't trust anyone with glowing eyes any farther than he can throw them...
          -Yay, a follow-up on Cassandra! She's one of only a very few characters that pops up beyond one episode and has a longer story arc. Too many of the others we never see or hear from again.

I need to re-watch this one...I forgot too much about it.
          "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

ah, the arrogant Tok'ra. Brilliant stuff.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

So I'm watching this on PickTV and the bit where Teal'c is called in to the cell by Jolinar/Carter comes up.

Jolinar says "You must convince them to let me go."
              Teal'c replies "they will not let you go."

And my brain adds Bohemian Rhapsody as a soundtrack.
              sigpic

Comment

Watched this episode today as part of my rewatch. For such an important episode, I found it fairly boring, if I'm honest.
                Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

This is an episode I really enjoy watching, even though in the grand scheme of things there's not much happening -- besides Carter being taken over by a Tok'ra and the Ashrak trying to kill Jolinar.

It mostly serves as a way to introduce us to the Tok'ra and what they are in terms of being Goa'uld but different (however it's not until a few episodes later that we'll learn how arrogant they really are -- looking forward to it though).

It's nice seeing Cassie -- especially when she's running towards Sam only then realizing the paint on her fingers. Sam would have some explaining to do to the SGC's laundry service.

Continuity-error occurs when Cassie goes to Sam at the end, the way Daniel, Jack and Janet are positioned switches between shots.
                  And Teal'c swipes his keycard through the lock the wrong way when he leaves the cell-block. The magnetic strip's on the opposite side, so technically speaking that door shouldn't have opened at all.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    (however it's not until a few episodes later that we'll learn how arrogant they really are -- looking forward to it though).
                    Oh, I think we get quite a good snapshot of how arrogant they are.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

What I forgot to mention before, and remembered only yesterday... the lake is also the same lake where they build Teyla's village in Rising (SGA's pilot episode), and it's also the place where the 4400 return.

Just a bit of trivia...

Comment

Did anyone else catch that when Teal'c leaves the brig after the Goa'uld possessing Carter announces itself as "Jolinar of Mokshur", he swipes his card so that the magnetic strip was facing the wrong way? Just rewatching and had to chuckle at this goof...

Comment

Oh yeah, I caught that one... ...there are more goofs like that.

Comment

While it is true that Jolinar entered Sam against her will, I interpreted that act as instinctive. It is likely that the symbiote experiences death as being painful and terrifying just as any human would. Her attempt to survive is understandable. However, Jolinar threatening Cassandra was not.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post
                              While it is true that Jolinar entered Sam against her will, I interpreted that act as instinctive. It is likely that the symbiote experiences death as being painful and terrifying just as any human would. Her attempt to survive is understandable. However, Jolinar threatening Cassandra was not.
                              Actually, it is understandable too... Jolinar wants to get off this planet as soon as possible. Keep in mind she's being hunted down by the Ashrak. So, she'll do just about anything to keep her identity hidden. Cassie's a thread cause she can sense the Tok'ra (which they don't know at that point and think it's Goa'uld). If Jolinar was really a Goa'uld btw, she would have done more than just threaten Cassie. She would have hurt her so she wouldn't have been able to expose her at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Actually, it is understandable too... Jolinar wants to get off this planet as soon as possible. Keep in mind she's being hunted down by the Ashrak. So, she'll do just about anything to keep her identity hidden. Cassie's a thread cause she can sense the Tok'ra (which they don't know at that point and think it's Goa'uld). If Jolinar was really a Goa'uld btw, she would have done more than just threaten Cassie. She would have hurt her so she wouldn't have been able to expose her at all.
                                That's true, but ultimately her threat did nothing to save her since Cassandra told Jack anyhow.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X