No announcement yet.

In the Line of Duty (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is my favourite episode in season two. its an emotional episode and i thought that the acting was really good.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Heh. When Teal'c exits the prisoner room with his security card, he makes three goof-ups on his security card. 1) The magnetic stripe is visible to the camera, on the wrong side of the card, the side towards him, so it is not able to be read by the card reader; 2) he doesn't fit the card all the way into the card reader anyway, the card was only put halfway into the slot, and 3) he opened the door as his card was halfway through the reader.

Comment

Apparently this is a regular kind of blooper - they tend to do it quite a lot. However, it's unusual for a card reader slip up to be as blatant as this one is. Which probably explains why it's the only one I've ever actually noticed. That sort of thing normally tends to slip past me!

We can, I suppose, excuse Teal'c for mixing up which way to put his card through the reader. After all, he has his mind on other, much more urgent, things at the moment he attempts to leave the room.

The card reader, however, should know better.

sigpic

Comment

Well, I've just watched this episode for the first time and completely missed Teal'c's goof with his security card! Guess I'm just not very observant.

This was a fantastic episode; AT's acting was stunning. The whole Tok'ra thing caught me by surprise. Jolinar's initial reaction to the situation is so aggressive that I was quite taken aback when she turned out to be genuinely good.

I've seen Season 1 and don't recall the Tok'ra being featured; do the discussions I've read about how Tok'ra take hosts etc come from info seen in future episodes/seasons, or am I really unobservant?
          sigpic
          Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
            Well, I've just watched this episode for the first time and completely missed Teal'c's goof with his security card! Guess I'm just not very observant.

This was a fantastic episode; AT's acting was stunning. The whole Tok'ra thing caught me by surprise. Jolinar's initial reaction to the situation is so aggressive that I was quite taken aback when she turned out to be genuinely good.

I've seen Season 1 and don't recall the Tok'ra being featured; do the discussions I've read about how Tok'ra take hosts etc come from info seen in future episodes/seasons, or am I really unobservant?
            Nope.

In the Line of Duty is the first time the Tok'ra are mentioned in SG-1, which is why it's so difficult for the Colonel and General Hammond to give Jolinar the benefit of the doubt. As far as they're concerned, Jolinar is just another Goa'uld, on par with Apophis and should be kept locked up...and definitely not trusted.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              Nope.

In the Line of Duty is the first time the Tok'ra are mentioned in SG-1, which is why it's so difficult for the Colonel and General Hammond to give Jolinar the benefit of the doubt. As far as they're concerned, Jolinar is just another Goa'uld, on par with Apophis and should be kept locked up...and definitely not trusted.
              That's one thing I really love about this episode; they had to rethink one of the assumptions they had been working with until then, that there were some good Goa'uld out there as well as bad.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                That's one thing I really love about this episode; they had to rethink one of the assumptions they had been working with until then, that there were some good Goa'uld out there as well as bad.
                Same here. It's also very moving to see Sam's journey through the episode and her relationship with Jolinar. The scene between Teal'c and Jack before Jack goes to question Jolinar/Sam was also very special. It was good to see a sort of softer side to both characters, especially Teal'c. From what I've seen so far, Teal'c doesn't often show an emotional side. Even in Cor Ai, his emotions seem masked by his need to be 'honourable'.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                  Nope.

Absolutely.

Given how Jolinar first joined up with Sam, she gave us no indication that she was anything other than a Goa'uld - which is a bit of a sticking point on this ep once you get further in and meet up with her fellows and hear what they've got to say on the whole Symbiote/Host relationship. Though the fact that her previous host hadn't tried to take over his village et al might, in hindsight, be a bit of an indicator that we're not dealing with your average, power crazed Goa'uld type. Not that they would have noticed at the time. They had their minds on other, more important things.

Her hostility to Teal'c (from her personal Tok'ra perspective) is going to look like standard Goa'uld arrogance over their enslaved fighting forces to the rest of us. Even when she gives Sam a chance to speak for herself, how are we supposed to know that it really is Sam and not just Jolinar dictating what she says? That's what makes her desperation so absolutely real. There is no possible way that she can prove she's really speaking for herself - and no one believes her. Brrrr...

Probably one of the all time top ten best eps - for the overall story, the impact it has on the future spin of the series, AT's magnificent performance and, well, just everything.

Okay, that sounds really gushing - but I rank this Ep right into the heights of my favourites.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                    Though the fact that her previous host hadn't tried to take over his village et al might, in hindsight, be a bit of an indicator that we're not dealing with your average, power crazed Goa'uld type....

Her hostility to Teal'c (from her personal Tok'ra perspective) is going to look like standard Goa'uld arrogance over their enslaved fighting forces to the rest of us. Even when she gives Sam a chance to speak for herself, how are we supposed to know that it really is Sam and not just Jolinar dictating what she says? That's what makes her desperation so absolutely real. There is no possible way that she can prove she's really speaking for herself - and no one believes her. Brrrr...
                    That was my reaction too. I think that's one of the things that makes this episode so good, the audience experiences the same uncertainty as the characters. Jolinar's line (and more's to the point the way she said it) when Jack leaves Sam, "What will it take?", really convinced me that she was a Goaul'd.

At the very end, it seemed (to me) that it was Sam's strength that saved her; Sam's reaction to Jolinar sacrificing herself for her was incredibly moving.

As a newbie, I'm looking forward to seeing how Sam's character evolves after this experience.

Full marks to AT for a fantastic performance - give the girl an Oscar!
                    sigpic

Comment

Not new to SG-1 by any means, but finally got to see this whole episode today. (Yea reruns!)

I just have to ask, but is it just me or is Jack wiping away at some awfully misty eyes after he follows Sam on the gurney into the Infirmary? He wipes both eyes and then scrubs the back of his knuckles across his nose.

I was just very surprised to see it. Am I reaching with this observation? Does Jack just have allergies?

Any thoughts?
                      just another telecommuting zombie...

serafine

Comment

Originally posted by serafine View Post
                        Not new to SG-1 by any means, but finally got to see this whole episode today. (Yea reruns!)

I just have to ask, but is it just me or is Jack wiping away at some awfully misty eyes after he follows Sam on the gurney into the Infirmary? He wipes both eyes and then scrubs the back of his knuckles across his nose.

I was just very surprised to see it. Am I reaching with this observation? Does Jack just have allergies?

Any thoughts?
                        I may be remembering it wrongly, but I thought that Jack was just concerned about Sam? After all, he'd lost his friend Kawalsky to a goaul'd.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to say that I agree with this is being one of the best episodes of SG-1.
                          It was the first we saw of the Tok'ra, and I just loved the idea of them immediately. The idea of two persons in the same body - wonderful. Could lead to endlessly interesting stories.
                          I was so sad when they killed Jolinar - I think it would really have been interesting to have her survive. Jolinar is one of my absolute favorite characters - and AT does a GREAT job in this episode.

I think Jolinar may have either believed/wished to believe Sam was offering herself as host - Jolinar probably also panicked, so she may not have been thinking as clearly as otherwise.

-Skadi
                          sigpic
                          Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

It was a good episode where Sam is taken host by a Gou'ule after she gives mouth to mouth to one of the people being attack by Jaffa. Later they find out that this Go'ule is really a Tokra, the anti-Gou'ule Gou'ule.They come to relive this after the Gou'ule inside of Sam is killed by a bounty hunter working for the system lords...
                            sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Was I the only one with an overwhelming urge to hug Sam at the end of this episode?

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...e-of-duty.html
                              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                                Was I the only one with an overwhelming urge to hug Sam at the end of this episode?

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...e-of-duty.html
                                The ending of this episode left a few questions in my mind.

Why did they let Cassandra see Sam in such a fragile state? Why was it so easy for Cassandra to go into a room by herself with a person who was a Goa'uld just a short time before. I don't want to be insensitive but that little girl just tips the series off of the normal flow of SG-1. Teal'c's son does the exact same thing in "Bloodlines" and "Family". I think it is simply because it is extremely hard to find child actors with much acting experience or skill. There have been a few talented child actors on Stargate such as Brittney Irvin as Merrin in "Learning Curve" and Jodelle Ferland as Adria in "Flesh and Blood". Though I have to say that it is a matter that can make or break an episode and in this episode it nearly did break it.

P.S.- To answer your question, I would not have hugged her because it looked like she needed her space.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X